63 replies to this topic

#41 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted May 20, 2009 - 02:02 PM

No. what i am saying is that yes we can win every game playing exactly like we did. also PJ is notorious for saying anything. Did they outplay us? I dont know. You tell me. my team won.

Pau was top rebounder. had 6 offensive. he had a huge block late on melo
Ariza had a huge steal. Played chauncey tough late and if not for a missed out of bounds call.
Fish hit huge shot late
LO huge block late

So no kobe didnt do it all by himself. and regardless of numbers, rebounds is an effort stat. IIRC we owned that.

Lets not confuse outplaying with looking prettier. My guys on minimal rest against a completely different team did nothing put play hard

Honest question, did you even watch the game? It sounds like you only read the associated press game summary and box score.

#42 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted May 20, 2009 - 02:06 PM

Honest question, did you even watch the game? It sounds like you only read the associated press game summary and box score.

yes. every second of it. Why? Does the AP agree with me?
Kobe's official reign of terror is about to get its jump off on.

#43 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted May 20, 2009 - 02:08 PM

The Nuggets had five days to prepare, the Lakers 1, and it showed. Can the Nuggets execute down the stretch? They didn't last night.

#44 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted May 20, 2009 - 02:10 PM

No because all you were doing was throwing out stats, and not actually what happened in the game. You even tried to discredit Phil when he was, as gabis said, 100000000% spot on with what actually happened in the game.

#45 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted May 20, 2009 - 02:16 PM

No because all you were doing was throwing out stats, and not actually what happened in the game. You even tried to discredit Phil when he was, as gabis said, 100000000% spot on with what actually happened in the game.

stats? by saying we owned the boards and that pau was the reason? That fish hit a big shot late? What did I say that wasnt accurate? we were a tired team with no preparation time and won. the way i see it. as good as the nuggs were we grinded with them to a stand still with our best being better than theres. Never once did i say after the 1st quarter that the other team was out working us. maybe our definition of 'outplaying" is different, but not for a second did i feel we wouldnt have and take the chance and win based on the effort I saw

#46 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted May 20, 2009 - 02:28 PM

I bit of a error on my part. I didn't mean "not what actually happened during the game", I meant "not what happened over the course of the entire game". You think Pau got enough touches. You don't think we had to gut it out. And you don't think they outperformed us over the course of the game. Yep, that sounds like a totally different game from what everyone else saw.

#47 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted May 20, 2009 - 02:33 PM

I bit of a error on my part. I didn't mean "not what actually happened during the game", I meant "not what happened over the course of the entire game". You think Pau got enough touches. You don't think we had to gut it out. And you don't think they outperformed us over the course of the game. Yep, that sounds like a totally different game from what everyone else saw.

I think we played extremely hard. Our defense in stretches was outstanding. I thought Paus board work was great. i thought trevs hustle and relentlessness was outstanding. i thought AB though limited at least made his presence felt. I thought farmar yet again played pretty well. once we got our legs into the game we had the hustle and effort. Everyone else yaks the same ol ish.

Pau was soft. nobody did anything. AB disappeared whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

I say, we play this same way, sans 1st quarter we will win every game

#48 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,876 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 20, 2009 - 02:38 PM

no excuse for giving up that many lay-ups when you have 2, almost 3 7 footers

Posted Image

#49 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted May 20, 2009 - 02:39 PM

no excuse for giving up that many lay-ups when you have 2, almost 3 7 footers

didnt see many when the game was there to be won.

#50 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted May 20, 2009 - 02:41 PM

I think we played extremely hard. Our defense in stretches was outstanding. I thought Paus board work was great. i thought trevs hustle and relentlessness was outstanding. i thought AB though limited at least made his presence felt. I thought farmar yet again played pretty well. once we got our legs into the game we had the hustle and effort. Everyone else yaks the same ol ish.

Pau was soft. nobody did anything. AB disappeared whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

I say, we play this same way, sans 1st quarter we will win every game

So I guess Kobe was full of crap when he said the team had to gut it out during his post game press conference, right? I guess you missed Melo just killing Ariza out there. Bynum made his presence felt? He disagrees with you. You're confusing Pau's offensive rebounds for actual touches he got within the offense. He hardly got any.

Where can I buy these "Lakers are perfect and infallable" blinders everyone has on?

With these on, apparently people can see a totally different game from everyone else.

#51 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted May 20, 2009 - 02:45 PM

didnt see many when the game was there to be won.

Homer blinders are in full effect for you I guess. I bet you had the same "we have no problems" attitude last year up until we lost in game 6.

#52 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 20, 2009 - 02:50 PM

We weren't as prepared for Denver as Denver was prepared for the Lakers.

Remember, there was was an article saying that the Lakers were in a rush to prepare:

EL SEGUNDO — The Lakers are cramming.

“We did quite a bit of work today,” Kobe Bryant said.

The goal is to prepare in one day for the well-rested Denver Nuggets well enough not to blow Game 1 at Staples Center on Tuesday night. Phil Jackson acknowledged that it’s a different situation than having plenty of time before a series, which has more often been the case for the Lakers.

“The nuances will come later,” Jackson said, referring to out-of-bounds plays or set plays that Denver likes to run.

So Denver has an edge there in Game 1 … but not as big an edge as it would be if the Nuggets had a bigger playbook.

“They don’t really run too much in the halfcourt,” Trevor Ariza said of a Nuggets team that thrives in transition.

The Lakers do have this clear advantage also: They should be in better rhythm having been in this every-other-day schedule for some time now. The Nuggets haven’t played since Wednesday.

Some need to realize something, for as 'great' as the Nuggets looked on defense, and how bad we were on offense, the Lakers still took game 1 and scored over 100 points.

Now the Lakers have another day to fix rotations, prepare the defense for Nuggets set plays, etc.

Another positive, the Nuggets cannot stop Kobe Bryant. They can put Anthony on him, Billups, whoever. He torched them for 18 in the fourth quarter.

If you re-watch the game, count how many times a double team came at Bryant. The Nuggets and George Karl love to do this, for whatever reason they do it quite frequently and it comes back to bite them.

They didn't do it much in the first half, but come game 2, I expect the Nuggets to do this right away, unless Karl wants Dahntay Jones to do his best impression Smush Parker on defense again. The guy cannot guard Kobe, on the court nor in his dreams.

#53 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted May 20, 2009 - 02:57 PM

So I guess Kobe was full of crap when he said the team had to gut it out during his post game press conference, right? I guess you missed Melo just killing Ariza out there. Bynum made his presence felt? He disagrees with you. You're confusing Pau's offensive rebounds for actual touches he got within the offense. He hardly got any.

With these on, apparently people can see a totally different game from everyone else.

Who said we didnt have to gut it out. All I have been saying is that we hustled and had effort and at the most pressing times we rolled them up and spit them out. BTW- LOL at kobe. this is the 1st game all postseason where he actually played D. I dont care about melo killing ariza. Ariza never let up. stayed relentless and made arguably the biggest play of the night. Funny, kobe dopesnt disagree with me about AB

#54 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted May 20, 2009 - 02:59 PM

Homer blinders are in full effect for you I guess. I bet you had the same "we have no problems" attitude last year up until we lost in game 6.

No. I thought celts were better, and acknowledged kobe choked. Whats last year have to with game1 this year in wcf?

#55 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted May 20, 2009 - 03:01 PM

Uhh you said we didn't gut it out when you tried to discredit Phil for being 1000000% right.

#56 Gabis

Gabis

Colossal Douche

• 285 posts
  • Fan Since:The point of conception.
  • Fav. Laker:All Time Mr.Logo, Current KB24

Regardless of any disagreements about how Game 1 went, I think we can all agree that Game 2 will be much different.

Game 2 is always, IMO, the most important game of the series. Game 1 there is a lot of 'feeling out' going on. Game 2 is where the adjustments are made, by both sides.

I'm looking forward to seeing a more energized and confident Lakers team on Thursday.

#57 jackmode211

jackmode211

Rookie

• 452 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

kobes been playing D.....this is just the first series where it looks as though hes not the roamer....but man on man....

and lol @ melo having better game than kobe....

good FG percentages does not a good game make

lakers did what they needed to to win...that should be all that matters....do what it takes to win, they did that yesturday...

#58 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted May 20, 2009 - 03:02 PM

No. I thought celts were better, and acknowledged kobe choked. Whats last year have to with game1 this year in wcf?

Because anyone who watches this team play objectively knows that the problems of last year still linger around this year.

#59 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted May 20, 2009 - 03:07 PM

Because anyone who watches this team play objectively knows that the problems of last year still linger around this year.

I know. I paired it with PJ's comment about pau not getting ball enough. When we all saw pau get the ball he just didnt get position.

Like what? choking out arguably the deepest and hottest team in the playoffs with a ton of rest while having little to no prep time?

#60 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted May 20, 2009 - 03:23 PM

Our inconsistency on both ends. Poor interior defense (they were basically strolling in for open dunks). Inability to put in good effort for a full game.

Well I didn't say Pau got zero touches, but he hardly got any. I don't think you watched the same game as everyone else. You're credibility was shot when you not only tried to discredit Phil, you discredited him for things he was right about. Further arguing is pointless since you are unable to see any faults in this team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users