48 replies to this topic

#21 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 19, 2009 - 09:52 AM

Shooters like him?

JR Smith is streaky, Eddie House is streaky. But they are both better ball players than Sasha. To be considered "streaky" you have to make some shots first. The last thing Denver is worried about is Sasha.

He's trash and will forever be trash imo.

is that what you said when baby bynum was being punked by guys like Brian Cook and Carl Landry in the Houston series?

Sasha is streaky as well. He did have a good month (14 games i believe) where he hit over 40% of his 3 point shots to end the year. Again im not saying we need him as much as others but you guys are being ridiculous in closing the books on him so easily. I don't think Smith has proven he can keep a cool head, he will be bothered by Sasha's antics.

Edited by MDI, May 19, 2009 - 09:52 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#22 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 19, 2009 - 09:55 AM

is that what you said when baby bynum was being punked by guys like Brian Cook and Carl Landry in the Houston series?

Sasha is streaky as well. He did have a good month (14 games i believe) where he hit over 40% of his 3 point shots to end the year. Again im not saying we need him as much as others but you guys are being ridiculous in closing the books on him so easily. I don't think Smith has proven he can keep a cool head, he will be bothered by Sasha's antics.

First off...

Sasha can't even compare to Andrew. Andrew is more productive injured than Sasha is healthy. And with the way Sasha plays, he may as well have the bubonic plague.

Sasha isn't streaky. Oftentimes, streaky is a wrongly applied term for players who are absolute trash.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#23 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted May 19, 2009 - 09:58 AM

First off...

Sasha can't even compare to Andrew. Andrew is more productive injured than Sasha is healthy. And with the way Sasha plays, he may as well have the bubonic plague.

Sasha isn't streaky. Oftentimes, streaky is a wrongly applied term for players who are absolute trash.

I agree Andrew has a bigger role on this team than Sasha but you saw him getting dominated throughout that series right? He was getting pushed around by shorter and smaller guys like Brian Cook, Landry, hayes and its ridiculous. People could've given up on him but they didn't, I don't see why that can't apply to Sasha.

well then how else would you define streaky then?

Farmar was a liability for most of second half of the season. People didn't give up on him, so why Sasha?

Edited by MDI, May 19, 2009 - 10:00 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#24 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted May 19, 2009 - 10:02 AM

why are people trying to dismiss Wafer now? :lol:

I saw people demanding why we didn't keep this guy and now he struggles against Vujacic and he's considered trash :lol:

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#25 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted May 19, 2009 - 10:04 AM

I agree Andrew has a bigger role on this team than Sasha but you saw him getting dominated throughout that series right? He was getting pushed around by shorter and smaller guys like Brian Cook, Landry, hayes and its ridiculous. People could've given up on him but they didn't, I don't see why that can't apply to Sasha.

well then how else would you define streaky then?

Farmar was a liability for most of second half of the season. People didn't give up on him, so why Sasha?

Andrew is coming back from an injury. Whats Sasha's excuse? Besides, the interior of the Rockets were pushing Gasoft around as well.

Farmar is trash too. I hope they're both gone next season.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#26 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted May 19, 2009 - 10:05 AM

Andrew is coming back from an injury. Whats Sasha's excuse? Besides, the interior of the Rockets were pushing Gasoft around as well.

Farmar is trash too. I hope they're both gone next season.

haha thats a poor excuse. Andrew didn't even try out there. He was lost, confused, dazed and intimidated.

Yea Farmar is peaking at the right moment. Farmar + Morrison (2010 friendly contract) is a pretty noyice package to trade away in the offseason.

Edited by MDI, May 19, 2009 - 10:06 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#27 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted May 19, 2009 - 10:09 AM

haha thats a poor excuse. Andrew didn't even try out there. He was lost, confused, dazed and intimidated.

How is that a poor excuse? You're injured...you don't play as well as you normally would. Pretty simple.

Andrew has been better than Sasha at every point of his career. Sasha has been trash at every point of his career.

Sasha is always lost, confused, dazed, and intimidated.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#28 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted May 19, 2009 - 10:10 AM

How is that a poor excuse? You're injured...you don't play as well as you normally would. Pretty simple.

Andrew has been better than Sasha at every point of his career. Sasha has been trash at every point of his career.

Sasha is always lost, confused, dazed, and intimidated.

so you don't try if you're injured? he didn't even push himself and you could see him not even break a sweat out there.

lol now you're just spewing blatant hate.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#29 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted May 19, 2009 - 10:23 AM

so you don't try if you're injured? he didn't even push himself and you could see him not even break a sweat out there.

lol now you're just spewing blatant hate.

Because of his injury, its only logical to conclude that he's not able to perform in the way that he normally would. I don't care how great your will is, if your body won't comply then there isn't a damn thing you can do about it.

Don't put this on Bynum. Its not his responsibilty to stop penetration into the paint...its not his job to defend the three ball...the long jumper. He doesn't play out on the perimeter. He's done what he can do to the best of his current abilities. Sasha was healthy last year when he let Ray Allen walk by him in the Finals...where was that "pesky" defense then? A center can't guard his defender AND guard the outside guy who just broke down the outside defender. This is a team effort but if certain players, like Sasha, are failing on defense then it makes it that much more difficult.

Edited by Windu, May 19, 2009 - 10:23 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#30 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted May 19, 2009 - 10:28 AM

Because of his injury, its only logical to conclude that he's not able to perform in the way that he normally would. I don't care how great your will is, if your body won't comply then there isn't a damn thing you can do about it.

Don't put this on Bynum. Its not his responsibilty to stop penetration into the paint...its not his job to defend the three ball...the long jumper. He doesn't play out on the perimeter. He's done what he can do to the best of his current abilities. Sasha was healthy last year when he let Ray Allen walk by him in the Finals...where was that "pesky" defense then? A center can't guard his defender AND guard the outside guy who just broke down the outside defender. This is a team effort but if certain players, like Sasha, are failing on defense then it makes it that much more difficult.

then he should sit his damn fatazz down and tell the coach he can't push himself. I don't want a big slow body out there who won't given an ounce on effort and all he does is clog the paint and make poor slower rotations on defense. If he's a team player then he should've asked to be sat down. I was watching game 5 and game 7 with a few people and everyone said how Bynum is just occupying space and throwing the team out of rythm there.

I agree he's not responsible for penetration but at least show resistance at the rim. He failed to do so. He let guys like Kyle Lowry and Aaron Brooks waltz their way without knocking their asss down a single time. Many thought he was the missing piece and if anything he was holding us back in that series. I won't give up on Andrwe and I still think he can do other things to help this team but his mindset on refusing to get into the game when he doesn't enough shots is just stupid.

You can ask everyone out here and they'll never question Sasha' effort. Granted it works against him more times than not and needs to play smart as well. He needs to recognize when and where he needs to turn it down. But I'd rather take effort > talent because at the end of hte day if you ain't tryin you ain't gettin nothin done. Thats why the Rockets pushed us to 7. They weren't even close to us in regards to talent but they played with more energy and effort after Yao went down.

Edited by MDI, May 19, 2009 - 10:33 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#31 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted May 19, 2009 - 10:33 AM

then he should sit his damn fatazz down and tell the coach he can't push himself. I don't want a big slow body out there who won't given an ounce on effort and all he does is clog the paint and make poor slower rotations on defense. If he's a team player then he should've asked to be sat down. I was watching game 5 and game 7 with a few people and everyone said how Bynum is just occupying space and throwing the team out of rythm there.

I agree he's not responsible for penetration but at least show resistance at the rim. He failed to do so. He let guys like Kyle Lowry and Aaron Brooks waltz their way without knocking their asss down a single time. Many thought he was the missing piece and if anything he was holding us back in that series. I won't give up on Andrwe and I still think he an do other things to help this team but his mindset on refusing to get into the game when he doesn't enough shots is just stupid.

You can ask everyone out here and they'll never question Sasha' effort. Granted it works against him more times than not and needs to play smart as well. But I'd rather take effort > talent because at the end of hte day if you ain't tryin you ain't gettin nothin done. Thats why the Rockets pushed us to 7. They weren't even close to us in regards to talent but they played with more energy and effort after Yao went down.

No, he can't sit down because trash like Sasha and Fisher are allowing penetration into the paint and someone has to be there.

Without Bynum...we don't win championship.

The problem was that the outside guys were allowing penetration almost everytime...no center should have to deal with that and no center does. If Andrew can deter the amount of penetration that the lakers allow...then he'd be the greatest of all time. Aaron Brooks RAPED Fisher EVERYTIME down the court.

Sasha gives effort? I've yet to see it.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#32 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted May 19, 2009 - 10:35 AM

No, he can't sit down because trash like Sasha and Fisher are allowing penetration into the paint and someone has to be there.

Without Bynum...we don't win championship.

The problem was that the outside guys were allowing penetration almost everytime...no center should have to deal with that and no center does. If Andrew can deter the amount of penetration that the lakers allow...then he'd be the greatest of all time. Aaron Brooks RAPED Fisher EVERYTIME down the court.

Sasha gives effort? I've yet to see it.

lol i don't need to argue any further. Can't take what you say seriously now

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#33 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted May 19, 2009 - 10:36 AM

All I see Sasha do is foul, throw up bricks, cry, and play with his girly hair.

lol i don't need to argue any further. Can't take what you say seriously now

How could anyone take YOU seriously when you're supporting d league garbage like Sasha??? lol

Pau Gasol is GONE

#34 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted May 19, 2009 - 10:40 AM

All I see Sasha do is foul, throw up bricks, cry, and play with his girly hair.

How could anyone take YOU seriously when you're supporting d league garbage like Sasha??? lol

haha then why does Phil Jackson continue to play him? We have better options in Trevor, Luke, Farmar and Shannon to take up Sasha's minutes but yet why does he continue to trust him with 12-15 min per game :rolleyes:

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#35 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted May 19, 2009 - 10:45 AM

haha then why does Phil Jackson continue to play him? We have better options in Trevor, Luke, Farmar and Shannon to take up Sasha's minutes but yet why does he continue to trust him with 12-15 min per game :rolleyes:

Does Phil really have a choice? Isn't Sasha paid to play? Maybe Phil keeps hoping that Sasha can man up and earn his pay check.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#36 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted May 19, 2009 - 10:47 AM

Does Phil really have a choice? Isn't Sasha paid to play? Maybe Phil keeps hoping that Sasha can man up and earn his pay check.

yes he has a choice. Phil has 9 rings, no one's gonna question his decision. He sat Vlad down who earns just as much as Sasha earlier in the year so i don't see why he couldn't sit Sasha down.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#37 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted May 19, 2009 - 10:49 AM

The Lakers need to get rid of Sasha ASAP. He's always having problems with teammates. :nah:

#38 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted May 19, 2009 - 04:01 PM

Posted Image

Bleeding purple & gold...

#39 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted May 19, 2009 - 04:09 PM

The Lakers need to get rid of Sasha ASAP. He's always having problems with teammates. :nah:

Lets hope he becomes clutch during the rest of the playoffs for two reasons. Help the lakers win and increase his trade value. :yes:
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#40 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted May 19, 2009 - 04:13 PM

Sasha needs to go in the weight room

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users