How does Lebron only have 6 fouls in the playoffs?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 08, 2009 - 10:44 PM

because the cavs play good team defense.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#22 wong63

wong63

boy chef goin off up in the kitchen.

• Pip
  • 441 posts

Posted May 08, 2009 - 11:33 PM

maybe because the cavs play way better defense than the lakers and actually plaing team D unlike the lakers...also he only played 6 games and 1 foul a game isnt really that outrageous since he isnt guarding anyone who can really score the ball and get to the hole...

stop baiting, stop dodging the swear filter, your warning level has been raised, read the rules if you want to pretend you didn't know the sig was too big...continuing to break the rules will result in suspension

Posted Image

#23 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,351 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted May 08, 2009 - 11:42 PM

fix ur sig size b4 mods take it off

#24 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted May 09, 2009 - 02:57 AM

It could be because he only fouled 6 times. :slap:

maybe because the cavs play way better defense than the lakers and actually plaing team D unlike the lakers...also he only played 6 games and 1 foul a game isnt really that outrageous since he isnt guarding anyone who can really score the ball and get to the hole.

Maybe watch some games. He gets away with a lot of [expletive].

#25 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted May 09, 2009 - 03:31 AM

wtf.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#26 Samson1987

Samson1987

Rookie

• 539 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Bryant-Gasol-Artest-Brown

Posted May 09, 2009 - 08:20 AM

This has to be some kind of stat error right? ... there is no way any player who gets that many minutes and relies so heavily on a physical styled game gets only 6 fouls. It's impossible even.

This type of bullcrap is why I'm scared of facing the Cavs in the finals, you know damn well they are going to get away with certain plays.
"If you could stop all the players that get publicized and all the players that the NBA likes and all the players, you know, the players that win the MVP's, you know, for their offense. And some of them, you know, play pretty good defense too. But some of them, you know, they like "this guy he can shoot, he can score, he can dunk." and I want to be the one to stop all those guys, you know, and just kinda spoil the whole party." - Ron Artest

#27 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted May 09, 2009 - 08:57 AM

Maybe watch some games. He gets away with a lot of [expletive].

That is a lame excuse. He plays off his man alot and doesn't crowd his opponent. Maybe you need to tape some games and rewatch them.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#28 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,384 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 09, 2009 - 09:02 AM

Just taking a look at foul statistics, I saw something interesting:

The next player with the lowest foul total with equivalent minutes is Delonte West, who has seven fouls.

#29 YoungKidd7

YoungKidd7

TLN OG

• 2,212 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted May 09, 2009 - 10:38 AM

WOW.

I knew the NBA loved LeBron, but DAMN.

That's just just BS.

#30 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,809 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted May 09, 2009 - 10:54 AM

This is ridiculous, especially for someone that's as physical as LeBron. This is BS.

#31 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,931 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted May 09, 2009 - 11:08 AM

He should be getting called for at least 1 offensive foul per half.

That's 12 right there (maybe 9, if you consider that he sat the 4th quarters of some games).

If Lebron is really as committed to defense as the media hyped him to be during the season, then you cannot rationalize 6 fouls in 6 games by saying, "he plays off his man".

You can't have it both ways.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#32 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,643 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted May 09, 2009 - 11:26 AM

or maybe his level of competition is so bad right now that he doesn't have to play defense........

Posted Image

#33 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted May 09, 2009 - 11:28 AM

oh you mean the Cavs are the least fouling team in playoff HISTORY, yet they have the BEST defense out of the playoff teams ... yeah, that sums it up
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#34 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted May 09, 2009 - 12:16 PM

Just taking a look at foul statistics, I saw something interesting:

The next player with the lowest foul total with equivalent minutes is Delonte West, who has seven fouls.

So I guess Delonte West is loved by the nba and their refs. ONe other factor you guys might want to take into consideration is the Cavs have been blowing teams out in the PO's. Hence less aggressiveness needed and therefore less fouls. Many times in the regular season he had 0 or only one foul. Check the game log.

http://www.nba.com/p...game_stats.html

This is a NON ISSUE.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#35 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,126 posts

Posted May 09, 2009 - 03:06 PM

well they have played 2 teams who almost exclusively jump shoot
Posted Image

#36 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted May 09, 2009 - 03:10 PM

Maybe you guys should stop relying solely on the stats and actually back it up with video of what he gets away with. If he gets away with as much as you're saying then it shouldn't be that difficult to prove it.
Basketball Reasons...

#37 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted May 09, 2009 - 04:04 PM

That is a lame excuse. He plays off his man alot and doesn't crowd his opponent. Maybe you need to tape some games and rewatch them.

What are you talking about, I have seen some games and seen some obvious fouls. It would be easier for me to prove he gets away with fouls by showing stuff he got away with, than you proving your point... but I don't have the video so I guess you win.

I'll try to look for some of the obvious non-calls against him from last game though,

#38 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,931 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted May 09, 2009 - 07:23 PM

Add 1 measly foul to Lebron's total after tonight.

Trend, anyone?

It was an offensive foul away from the ball when he was chicken-fighting with Joe Johnson.

A few possessions later, he runs over Joe Johnson, and naturally, Johnson gets the foul.

This is nonsense ladies and gentlemen, nonsense.

What's sad is, you can even read a handful of people on here believing the lie that Lebron doesn't commit fouls. It's a shame that people can be so blind.

This is what the NBA thrives on. Getting enough people to believe a lie so that people will continue to purchase the product.

Someday, the NBA's officiating corruption will bring it down.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#39 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted May 09, 2009 - 10:56 PM

maybe because the cavs play way better defense than the lakers and actually plaing team D unlike the lakers...also he only played 6 games and 1 foul a game isnt really that outrageous since he isnt guarding anyone who can really score the ball and get to the hole...

stop baiting, stop dodging the swear filter, your warning level has been raised, read the rules if you want to pretend you didn't know the sig was too big...continuing to break the rules will result in suspension

Posted Image

Actually it's 6 fouls in 7 games....before tonight's game, it was 5 fouls in 6 games.

He's averaging less than a foul a game while putting up monster stats in several aggressive/opportunistic defensive stats like steals and blocks. When you get that many steals, you also tend to commit that many more fouls....even the best thieves out there (MJ among them), had higher foul ratios than LeBron.

He's definitely being helped by the refs.

Atlanta got hosed by the refs today....in Atlanta too. Bron had one foul, while Smith got punked by the refs.

Tonights stats:
Cavs 29 FTA, Hawks 11
Cavs 14 fouls, Hawks 24
LeBron 1 foul in 43:13.
LeBron 16 FTA
Zaza with two techs in 2 seconds from frustration at the calls.
Posted Image

#40 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted May 10, 2009 - 12:09 AM

^ Wow, those stats are just sad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users