#1 K0be10-11

K0be10-11

Starter

• 4,493 posts
  • Name:Don't Worry About It
  • Fan Since:Since 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 24, 2008 - 06:37 PM

Will Kobe Bryant Repeat the MVP. It was hard for him to win it this year, so do you think he will repeat the award. To me, the only way he will repeat is if his team is Number 1 and has over 65 Wins with him atleast avg 25+ Points 5+ Assists 3+ Rebounds and so on
Posted Image

#2 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted July 24, 2008 - 10:39 PM

3 rebounds!?!? If he's around 27/5/5, playing ALL NBA 1st team defense and the Lakers are demolishing the league he should definitely get the MVP again. And I'm banking on his numbers being better than that.

#3 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted July 24, 2008 - 10:51 PM

cp3 or lebrons time next year.

i do wanna see another laker on the all-star team tho

#4 baytanboy

baytanboy

Rookie

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille O'neal

Posted July 25, 2008 - 09:33 AM

i dont see kobe winning it again next year because he is so unselfish nowadays, sacrificing statistical points over winning games..

but if he do gets it...i'll still celebrate for he is our own!!!

#5 mikedeezy2k8

mikedeezy2k8

24/7

• 271 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted July 25, 2008 - 09:38 AM

i doubt hell get it again, because all the people who vote knew theyd be called out if kobe didnt win it last year, so now they gave him one and will continue to hate on hm and give people like steve nash mvps

#6 Cookie

Cookie

"C" is NOT for Cookie!!

• 6,278 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 25, 2008 - 02:39 PM

i hope he does

Posted Image

#7 Vudoo

Vudoo

Vlad's Warm Fleece Blanket

• 368 posts

Posted July 25, 2008 - 08:35 PM

Kobe has a great chance of winning an MVP again with these conditions:

1- Both Chris Paul and Lebron James suffer season ending injuries and/or die.

2- MVP voters stop hating Kobe...
My computer is broken so I'm not on as much...

#8 Vaporize

Vaporize

Sixth Man

• 2,939 posts

Posted July 25, 2008 - 08:48 PM

He could probably win it if we win 70 games :yawn:
and CP3 and LBJ have lower numbers, even just a little, next year.

Posted Image

#9 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted July 25, 2008 - 08:54 PM

If the media likes to follow the trend, he'll win MVP. Player A wins twice in a row, Player B wins once. Player C wins twice in a row, Player D wins once. The formula has been right since 2002.

2002: Tim Duncan
2003: Tim Duncan
2004: Kevin Garnett
2005: Steve Nash
2006: Steve Nash
2007: Dirk Nowitzki
2008: Kobe Bryant
2009: Kobe Bryant?

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#10 L4L

L4L

Seattle's Biggest Laker Fan

• 172 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille O'Neal

Posted July 25, 2008 - 09:35 PM

Kobe Bryant will not win the MVP next year unless the Lakers do something extraordinary.

Why? Because in order to win the MVP, there must be something special about your season. Remember, this is the MEDIA who chooses the winner of the award. It is all about marketability and the best thing to market is a good story.

2007-2008: Lakers go from turmoil to top team in the West.
2006-2007: In general this was a slow year, but Dirk's team winning 67 games was the huge story.
2005-2006: Even without Amare, JJ, and Q-Rich, Nash leads the Suns to the top of the West.
2004-2005: Nash joins the Suns and complete turns them around.

What was the one thing people focused on with Chris Paul while he was the favorite: he saved New Orleans basketball and took the team from being out of the playoffs to first in the West.

Unless the Lakers give the media some kind of story that will sell, don't expect Kobe to get the MVP.

Look for James to get the award if Cleveland gets anywhere near 50+ wins. If not, I fully expect the award to go to Chris Paul since he supposedly "deserved" it this year as well.

#11 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted July 25, 2008 - 09:40 PM

Kobe Bryant will not win the MVP next year unless the Lakers do something extraordinary.

Why? Because in order to win the MVP, there must be something special about your season. Remember, this is the MEDIA who chooses the winner of the award. It is all about marketability and the best thing to market is a good story.

2006-2007: In general this was a slow year, but Dirk's team winning 67 games was the huge story.
2005-2006: Even without Amare, JJ, and Q-Rich, Nash leads the Suns to the top of the West.

What was the one thing people focused on with Chris Paul while he was the favorite: he saved New Orleans basketball and took the team from being out of the playoffs to first in the West.

Unless the Lakers give the media some kind of story that will sell, don't expect Kobe to get the MVP.

Look for James to get the award if Cleveland gets anywhere near 50+ wins. If not, I fully expect the award to go to Chris Paul since he supposedly "deserved" it this year as well.

Would winning 70+ games be special enough or would it just be because they had Bynum, Gasol, and Kobe and that they would get split votes? (kind of like the Celtics in the 2007-2008 NBA season)

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#12 L4L

L4L

• 172 posts

Posted July 25, 2008 - 09:44 PM

I think the problem with the Celtics this year is that people weren't sure if the team leader was Pierce or Garnett and NEITHER had the statistics necessary to put them in the discussion.

If Kobe and the Lakers win 70 games, you can pencil Bryant in as the winner. His statistics will be among the top 5, as always, and reaching the 70 game plateau is a much greater story than simply coming close to doing it.

#13 Whatsa

Whatsa

Rookie

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe freakin Bryant

Posted July 26, 2008 - 11:04 AM

Yeah I COMPLETELY agree. Kobe became MVP because everyone thought he was going to be traded.. and no one thought he would bring the Lakers to 1st place in the toughest Western Conference ever. Not to mention all of the damn injuries his teammates had.

#14 The Original 81

The Original 81

TLN Rep: New York

• 323 posts
  • Name:Tom
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 26, 2008 - 12:48 PM

I would love to see Kobe win it again, but it's unlikely. I never thought I'd see him win even one so I'm just glad he's got one.

#15 Ras Algethi

Ras Algethi

CL

• 175 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kob'

Posted July 26, 2008 - 06:37 PM

He'll put up 30/5/7asst next year. If the Lakers win 65+, its his.
Posted Image
The most important image ever taken in 3D.

#16 Cookie

Cookie

"C" is NOT for Cookie!!

• 6,278 posts

Posted July 26, 2008 - 06:43 PM

if lakers end up 1st in the league and kobe has decent stats

mark my words ... he will win it again!!

Posted Image

#17 L4L

L4L

• 172 posts

Posted July 26, 2008 - 06:43 PM

He'll put up 30/5/7asst next year. If the Lakers win 65+, its his.

I don't think he'll get the minutes to do it man (30ppg). Too many blow outs. With Bynum back in the fold, I expect his FGA to decrease instead of increase. Maybe a rise in efficiency will make up for the difference?

I actually expect a very similar line to this season with increased efficiency, assist rates, and a decrease in turnover rates. His usage and minutes will decline as well.

If we do win 65+ games, I think he has an EXCELLENT chance especially if James fails to win 50+. I truly believe the most significant factor in the MVP voting is the player's storyline. I don't know if anyone has read my blog about why Kobe deserved MVP, but I think there is significant evidence to show that is indeed the case.

#18 Cookie

Cookie

"C" is NOT for Cookie!!

• 6,278 posts

Posted July 26, 2008 - 06:45 PM

i personally dont think he will ever average 30 or more again since he has teamates now

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users