#101 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted July 17, 2009 - 11:39 AM

yeah its awesome

add me psn= EzCane

is he the guy that fought stephan bonner?

#102 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted July 18, 2009 - 10:42 PM

Elie Seckbach

Tito Ortiz making a comeback? He mentions Kobe in this interview.

#103 ez24

ez24

Back To Back?

• 1,506 posts
  • Fan Since:99-00 Brothers would watch them play and I followed
  • Fav. Laker:Trevor Ariza, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 18, 2009 - 11:31 PM

is he the guy that fought stephan bonner?

? If your talking about Jon Jones, yeah.

thought you said you knew
Im still a Trevor Ariza Fan, Thanks For The Championship.

#104 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts

Posted July 19, 2009 - 01:32 AM

? If your talking about Jon Jones, yeah.

thought you said you knew

just trying to make sure.

:dance2:

he's good, but forrest griffin would eat him alive

#105 ez24

ez24

Back To Back?

• 1,506 posts
  • Fan Since:99-00 Brothers would watch them play and I followed
  • Fav. Laker:Trevor Ariza, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 20, 2009 - 11:25 AM

just trying to make sure.

:dance2:

he's good, but forrest griffin would eat him alive

right now maybe, but give him another 2 more fights with decent fighters and he will woop on griffin :omg: :yes: :machine:
Im still a Trevor Ariza Fan, Thanks For The Championship.

#106 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,618 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted July 20, 2009 - 12:07 PM

Elie Seckbach

Tito Ortiz making a comeback? He mentions Kobe in this interview.

Good vid, tito seems so different in there. Hope he makes a come back and puts on some good fights.

2hf753r.jpg

#107 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts

Posted July 21, 2009 - 11:33 AM

Tito seriously needs to improve his stand up. he has no power in those hands. his take down attempts are ineffective as of lately. he seriously needs to add another dimension to his game.

#108 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,618 posts

Posted July 21, 2009 - 12:14 PM

There's a rumor that now that Tito & Dana White have kissed and made up, Tito might face Rich Franklin at UFC 103.

Nevermind.... It's gonna be Franklin v Henderson II. yawn....

Edited by MAMBA24ILL, July 21, 2009 - 12:31 PM.

2hf753r.jpg

#109 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted July 21, 2009 - 03:27 PM

Henderson/Franklin I thought was pretty good. Franklin got robbed though.

I can't wait for TUF to start.

Edited by Unlabeled, July 21, 2009 - 03:47 PM.

#110 Mega Man

Mega Man

Mega Buster

• 415 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 21, 2009 - 03:45 PM

i agree^ franklin won on stand up.. landed a good amount of kicks and defended himself on the ground pretty good

HEAVYWEIGHTS on TUF!! excited :dance1:

Posted Image

#111 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,618 posts

Posted July 22, 2009 - 02:28 PM

Fedor vs. Lashley or Belfort Affliction 3?

Breaking news of the morning is that Josh Barnett might have failed a steroid test. I will talk more about this in a second, but the bigger question is who will replace him? Now, everyone in the world expects Fedor to win, without a question. The name that keeps coming up is that of Bobby Lashley or Vitor Belfort. Now, after hearing this my first thought is HOLY CRAP what a fight this could be.

Bobby Lashely is a rising force in MMA. We have seen him fight a couple of good fighters, but I don't think anyone on the level of Fedor. Fedor is a great fighter and perhaps the best heavyweight in the world. This is why Dana White trash's him every chance he gets.

What if Affliction ends up picking Vitor Belfort well this is a great question. Vitor Belfort has fought many hard opponents both in Japan and in the United States. He is a man who could present many problems for Fedor. Belfort has a black belt in Jiu-Jitsu and might be a curveball for Fedor. Belfort vs. Fedor would be a great fight too. Fedor might not be able to stand up to the brazillian Belfort. While I think he would destory Belfort it would be intersting to see this fight. Much more intersting than seeing Fedor fight Barnett.

Now on to Barnett how stupid do you have to possibly fail a steroid test. Yes, I know you are going to fight the best heavyweight in the world and you were probably going to lose. But what are you thinking? You have done what Sammy Sosa, Barry Bonds and countless other professional athletes have done. You possibly took steroids and got caught. Now, your professional career could be in the gutter. If this guy isn't smart enough to keep clean for this fight, than maybe we were all too dumb to see that this was a set up fight. No way is/was Barnett going to beat Fedor. I guess Barnett should just wish his career away after this move.

Back to Fedor vs. Lashley or Belfort? This fight gets my blood going and makes me want to order this Affliction fight. I mean you have a giant in Lashley vs. the tactical fighter in Fedor. What a match up for the ages this could be. Just, last week Lashley said he could kill Brock Lesnar, well now he might get to prove to all of us that he can. If he could beat Fedor, than no way can Dana White not sign him. I mean he beat the guy you want Dana.

So, if Lashley or Belfort does end up fighting Fedor I will be the first to buy this fight. Affliction might actually be able to mount a challenge to UFC's dominance of MMA. If Barnett does get to fight Fedor, Affliction will only be around for another couple of weeks. With UFC 100 such a big success, affliction needs to think long and hard about switching Barnett for Lashley or Belfort. They could easily produce the fight of the year with this one. Personally, I would love to see Fedor fight Lashley. Even Fedor vs. Belfort would be intersting. I think no one in the world can beat Lashley, it would be nice to see Fedor try.

2hf753r.jpg

#112 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts

Posted July 23, 2009 - 11:54 AM

Lashley won't stand a chance, he is too inexperienced, he's not brock

#113 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,618 posts

Posted July 23, 2009 - 02:15 PM

^ Really can't wait to see who they name as the replacement. Lashleys claiming he wants more money. Heard they're offering $500,000. Brett Rogers maybe?

2hf753r.jpg

#114 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts

Posted July 24, 2009 - 07:34 AM

Josh Barnett is a disgrace to this sport.

#115 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,618 posts

Posted July 24, 2009 - 08:14 AM

Josh Barnett is a disgrace to this sport.

It's almost like he intentionally did it to avoid getting KTFO by Fedor.

2hf753r.jpg

#116 BabiesWithScabies

BabiesWithScabies

Rookie

• 224 posts
  • Name:Beatrice
  • Fan Since:For....evvve.....errr
  • Fav. Laker:Mark Madsen

Posted July 24, 2009 - 09:51 AM

[expletive]ing Barnett. I mean, I like the guy, but this [expletive] again, really? Learn to beat the test, or go back to Japan. How do you fail twice? Fedor is gonna steamroll whoever they throw at him now. Barnett would have at least had a shot (albeit a small one). I don't think Vitor has a chance, he's fighting at 185 now, which seems like a better weight for him at this point, and I'm not convinced he is really back to his old prime UFC form (although beating Lindland is impressive).
"I saw a lady on T.V. She was born without arms. Literally, she was born with her hands attached to her shoulders... and that was sad, but then they said, "Lola does not know the meaning of the word 'can't.'" And that to me was kinda worse... in a way... ya know? Not only does she not have arms, but she doesn't understand simple contractions. It's very simple Lola, you just take two words, you put them together, then you take out the middle letters, you put a comma in there and you raise it up!" -Mitch Hedberg

#117 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts

Posted July 24, 2009 - 10:04 AM

Belfort's fight against Lindland is impressive but not enough, and no way in hell he can beat Fedor. The only way he can beat Fedor is stoncold intervening while the refs out and hitting Fedor with a steel chair.

Fedor's next opponent:

Posted Image

#118 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,618 posts

Posted July 24, 2009 - 01:11 PM

Affliction’s Aug. 1 card canceled

Early information was scattered Friday morning, but all of MMAWeekly.com’s sources pointed to one fact: Affliction “Trilogy” had been cancelled.

The headline bout, and main selling point of the event, was a showdown between the No. 1 and No. 2 ranked heavyweights in the world. WAMMA champion Fedor Emelianenko, unanimously regarded as tops in the heavyweight class, would defend against UFC and Pride veteran Josh Barnett.

That was until it was revealed earlier this week that Barnett had allegedly tested positive for steroids in a pre-fight drug test that caused the California State Athletic Commission to deny him a license to fight.

“The license of Josh Barnett was denied pursuant to rule 303 of Title IV of the California Code of Regulations,” said CSAC Interim Executive Officer Dave Thornton on Wednesday. “That rule prohibits the use of certain substances, including anabolic agents, by any boxer or MMA fighter.”

Hours after MMAWeekly.com reported news of the cancellation, Affliction vice president Tom Atencio issued a statement citing time as the decisive factor.

“Finding an opponent for the No. 1 ranked MMA heavyweight champion in such a short period of time was a huge endeavor and I’m thrilled at the amount of fighters willing to take on this challenge,” stated Atencio. “But in the end, we just didn’t have enough time to promote a new fight to our standards.”

The statement went on to express disappointment that the undercard would be a casualty of the cancellation, but sources close to several fighters indicated that preliminary talks have already begun to try and place some of the undercard bouts and/or fighters on other fight cards that are coming up.

One event that is perhaps more likely than others to gain from the cancellation is M-1 Global’s Aug. 28 event in Los Angeles. Several sources indicated that event is a primary focus for placing undercard bouts. Although the talks are still preliminary, M-1 Global’s event would make sense given that the company is a main partner of Affliction and was co-promoting the Aug. 1 “Trilogy” event.

Affliction has also worked closely with Strikeforce, sharing fighters with the California-based promotion in the past. Strikeforce has an Aug. 15 event on Showtime featuring a women’s title bout between Gina Carano and Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos. That event has also suffered recent setbacks with the withdrawal of heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem in a title bout against Fabricio Werdum and, Friday morning, Joe Riggs dropped out of a scheduled welterweight championship fight against Nick Diaz.

Given the strong relationship between the two promotions, it wouldn’t be out of the question for Affliction to try and place some of its fighters on the Strikeforce card to try and fill in some of the gaps.

Affliction noted that ticketholders for the canceled “Trilogy” event should contact Ticketmaster or ticketmaster.com for a

Barnett really screwed Affliction on this one.

Edited by MAMBA24ILL, July 24, 2009 - 01:12 PM.

2hf753r.jpg

#119 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts

Posted July 24, 2009 - 11:32 PM

i never knew nick diaz left UFC already

#120 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted July 25, 2009 - 01:45 AM

There's a rumor that now that Tito & Dana White have kissed and made up, Tito might face Rich Franklin at UFC 103.

Nevermind.... It's gonna be Franklin v Henderson II. yawn....

Tito and Dana White have made up.

Yes tito and I made up

Doesn't mean he's back it means we aren't smashing each other anymore and we don't hate each other.

http://twitter.com/danawhiteufc

Edited by Projekt, July 25, 2009 - 01:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users