#1 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,913 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted April 28, 2009 - 07:22 AM

To add to the embarrassment of nearly blowing that lead down the stretch last night, the Lakers were also the beneficiary of a friendly non-whistle for about a 2-minute stretch (from about 3:00 down to 1:00 left).

I hate it when that happens. Utah was beating us to every loose ball and attacking the rim, only to have the officials decided that they were no longer worthy of a trip to the free throw line.

Sloan should've acted like more of an imbecile, IMO.

The officials take so much of the enjoyment out of this league.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#2 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted April 28, 2009 - 07:41 AM

They showed on replays how LO was fouled no call. pau getting pushed out of bounds. Ariza getting weak fouls called aginst him. I am all for letting them play.

The problem is deeper. it shows how Stern has eliminated the rules allowing for refs to decide who can do what when.

However, Jazz were hitting us late not getting called so dems da breaks
Kobe's official reign of terror is about to get its jump off on.

#3 Black Mamba

Black Mamba

Off The Bench

• 2,114 posts
  • Fan Since:1998 All-Star Game
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 28, 2009 - 09:10 AM

To add to the embarrassment of nearly blowing that lead down the stretch last night, the Lakers were also the beneficiary of a friendly non-whistle for about a 2-minute stretch (from about 3:00 down to 1:00 left).

I hate it when that happens. Utah was beating us to every loose ball and attacking the rim, only to have the officials decided that they were no longer worthy of a trip to the free throw line.

Sloan should've acted like more of an imbecile, IMO.

The officials take so much of the enjoyment out of this league.

To be fair, I do understand what you are saying and there was a lot of contact at the end of the game. BUT...I think the "fouls" that the Jazz were trying to sell were a little overblown. Millsap just missed a few point blank layups (maybe he was too caught up in the moment). He did wrestle a few boards from Pau which was impressive. As for the Price "no-call" on Odom, I don't think Odom fouled him either. Odom is 6-10. Price is 6-0 or 6-1. Odom stood straight up and Price, after going up, tried to initiate the contact and Odom batted the shot down. (maybe a call could be made there, but not really) It looked a lot worse than it was in my opinion. The end of the game was pure chaos, which added to the feeling that there was more going on than that.

I don't think this is a good message to send to future opponents: No matter how much you're down, the Lakers will let you back in the game.
Andre Iguodala via Twitter - It's not even close...and I'm not talkin bout the score.

#4 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 28, 2009 - 09:17 AM

Oh please, the Jazz have been living on no-calls like that for the whole series.

Kind of hypocritical of Sloan to start whining out fouls that late in the game. Dude had already packed it in too....had his scrubs out there with DWill and his starters parked ont he bench when he lucked into the late run by his mop-up crew.

This was a physical series, and he even admits as much play Hack-a-Laker (fo free) was the only chance his team had against the Lakers. Boozer gets to hook Pau for the dunk, push him the back for every rebound while Kobe gets handchecked and mugged on the perimeter or going to the whole.....how many no-calls did we get?
Posted Image

#5 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,913 posts

Posted April 28, 2009 - 09:38 AM

Kind of hypocritical of Sloan to start whining out fouls that late in the game. Dude had already packed it in too....had his scrubs out there with DWill and his starters parked ont he bench when he lucked into the late run by his mop-up crew.

PJ has used that tactic himself, many times, with much success.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#6 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,913 posts

Posted April 28, 2009 - 09:42 AM

They showed on replays how LO was fouled no call. pau getting pushed out of bounds. Ariza getting weak fouls called aginst him. I am all for letting them play.

The problem is deeper. it shows how Stern has eliminated the rules allowing for refs to decide who can do what when.

However, Jazz were hitting us late not getting called so dems da breaks

Which in reality, is what I'm really getting at. The NBA officiating is terrible. And its an embarrassment to the league.

I hate that the refs are so incompetent that they open the door for these types of complaints and excuses.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#7 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted April 28, 2009 - 11:54 AM

Which in reality, is what I'm really getting at. The NBA officiating is terrible. And its an embarrassment to the league.

I hate that the refs are so incompetent that they open the door for these types of complaints and excuses.

there are no fouls set in stone. They are allowed to make up calls as the game goes along. Its up to stern and the officials to set a book of rules.

There isnt one. Its a subjective thing. They have far more power than any player.

#8 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted April 28, 2009 - 01:46 PM

Oh please, the Jazz have been living on no-calls like that for the whole series.

This was a physical series, and he even admits as much play Hack-a-Laker (fo free) was the only chance his team had against the Lakers. Boozer gets to hook Pau for the dunk, push him the back for every rebound while Kobe gets handchecked and mugged on the perimeter or going to the whole.....how many no-calls did we get?

Exactly. UKUGA, while you bring up some good points, overall, I'm VERY disappointed with you for being passionate about this. I mean where the heck were you for games 3 & 4 in Utah? Did you not watch those games? GEEZ! They let WAY WORSE stuff to Utah to get away with there, it's not even funny. If you're gonna' complain, where was it back then when it was much much worse? Are you just taking the politically correct route and not wanting to sound like a complete homer or what? If you see horrid officiating and are gonna' make a complaint, call it everytime and call it as it is. Not just for when it's in favor of our team, cuz clearly as this poster said, we've been getting raped for most of the series, especially in Utah, and no one's had sympathy for us. GEEZ!

#9 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,473 posts

Posted April 28, 2009 - 02:02 PM

the refs are very consistent at being inconsistent

bw1wOGf.png

#10 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted April 28, 2009 - 02:22 PM

Scrubs? He kept that unit out there because THEY WERE THE ONES WHO BROUGHT THE JAZZ BACK.
Basketball Reasons...

#11 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted April 28, 2009 - 02:28 PM

I hope the best for the Jazz and wish them good luck with their off season moves
Posted Image

#12 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,913 posts

Posted April 28, 2009 - 02:33 PM

Exactly. UKUGA, while you bring up some good points, overall, I'm VERY disappointed with you for being passionate about this. I mean where the heck were you for games 3 & 4 in Utah? Did you not watch those games? GEEZ! They let WAY WORSE stuff to Utah to get away with there, it's not even funny. If you're gonna' complain, where was it back then when it was much much worse? Are you just taking the politically correct route and not wanting to sound like a complete homer or what? If you see horrid officiating and are gonna' make a complaint, call it everytime and call it as it is. Not just for when it's in favor of our team, cuz clearly as this poster said, we've been getting raped for most of the series, especially in Utah, and no one's had sympathy for us. GEEZ!

I'm not passionate in being upset that Utah got messed over some at the end.

I'm passionate about my disdain for NBA officiating, and how a series that the Lakers dominated and should've swept, had to end with such blatantly poor officiating in favor of the Lakers. It gives Jazz fans and the casual observer something to hold onto.

Sort of like in 2002, when the Lakers were cheated in games 2 & 5; but, everyone focused on Game 6, in which the Lakers received a fair amount of favoritism. Only that series was much bigger and the Lakers trailed in the series, which placed more eyes on it.

The officials severely damage this league.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#13 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted April 28, 2009 - 02:52 PM

^ Ahh, I see your point now and it's a good one. Indeed, it creates a false perception and makes it convenient for all those Laker haters to make excuses as they conveniently forget about the earlier games in the series and just remember the last, leaves a lasting impression, although false, but just sucks.

#14 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted April 28, 2009 - 03:58 PM

Its great 3 coaches have been fined for ref comments. It keeps it in the the forefront. Stern got off light with donneghy, however if cheating is still yelled it will kill his product

#15 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 28, 2009 - 04:09 PM

I think we can all agree that the refs suck...and it starts with their complete lack of consistency in calls from game to game or venue to venue.

This doesn't, in itself, imply conspiracy, but it does damage the integrity of the game.
Posted Image

#16 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted April 28, 2009 - 04:15 PM

Like football a foul can be called on every play. So when the refs start getting a guy or 2 into foul trouble it reeks of conspiracy. Its never about how many one team has, its about when guys get them.

Derek getting 2 early takes him out of the game. regardless if he only ends up with 4. Thats where refs control games and cheat. Also it protects them when they can point to the box score and show both teams had roughly the same amount

#17 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,473 posts

Posted April 28, 2009 - 04:30 PM

Its great 3 coaches have been fined for ref comments. It keeps it in the the forefront. Stern got off light with donneghy, however if cheating is still yelled it will kill his product

he got off SUPER LIGHT...he got fully exposed lol..but he has done a pretty decent job of brushin it under the carpet

as a fan of the game i give props to any coach/player that makes a decent case about bad officiating

bw1wOGf.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users