• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 nicehair911

nicehair911

Rookie

• 100 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 24, 2008 - 06:14 PM

I'd just like to say that I love how the off topic is set up with video games and entertainment in their own sections. I've been wishing CL would do this for a while. I think it's awesome. :P

#2 Kam

Kam

Basketball Immortality

• 2,455 posts
  • Name:Kam Pashai
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted July 24, 2008 - 06:18 PM

It makes things much more organized and doesn't push members away from posting about either of those topics because it has its own subforum.

Glad you like it!

#3 Jaime Quintanilla

Jaime Quintanilla

SI ME GUSTA!

• 4,345 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted July 24, 2008 - 06:20 PM

Am glad your digging it. We're learning the mistakes other forums have made. :P

#4 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 24, 2008 - 06:34 PM

The other Lakers board is running off of phpBB, and it's an older version. It doesn't have sub-forum options. There's a new version out that does, but phpBB is trash.

I've had the sub-forums for Off-Topic on OTR for quite some time, and the members love it.

#5 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted July 24, 2008 - 06:37 PM

phpBB sucks.
the subforums is lookiN sick

#6 Mr.81

Mr.81

Rookie

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted July 24, 2008 - 08:01 PM

phpBB sucks.
the subforums is lookiN sick

Can an 18 year old go from Zero To One Million by the age of 21?
Click here to find out!

Get paid to search the internet!
CLICK HERE

#7 Black Sheep

Black Sheep

God

• 3,749 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted July 24, 2008 - 08:33 PM

nice job

#8 Rinnegato

Rinnegato

Rookie

• 150 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, and Chick

Posted August 02, 2008 - 01:15 AM

These forums are really user-friendly. Lovin it
"This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!" -Chick Hearn

#9 Ddevil

Ddevil

Rookie

• 74 posts

Posted August 02, 2008 - 05:44 PM

I like the format too.

But I like how CL is now.

#10 Cookie

Cookie

"C" is NOT for Cookie!!

• 6,278 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 03, 2008 - 07:08 AM

This off topic kills CL's open court!

Posted Image

#11 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,683 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted August 03, 2008 - 09:38 AM

This off topic kills CL's open court!

The design is quite better, and the features are great. It is just better overall, a really good job.

Edited by netlord, August 03, 2008 - 09:44 AM.

Posted Image

#12 extreme

extreme

Going to the extreme!

• 204 posts
  • Name:Massimo
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Fisher, Kobe

Posted August 03, 2008 - 11:18 AM

Yep, thx TLN!

#13 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted August 03, 2008 - 11:18 AM

Let's stop talking about CL.

#14 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,683 posts

Posted August 03, 2008 - 12:20 PM

Let's stop talking about CL.

I can make a comparison if I want. I am not going to say CL sucks. I have only been in CL, so I cannot compare it to another thing, and I am not going to consider it a taboo. I respect what they have done on the other place, but I can have an opinion. Some things are taken too seriously.

Edited by netlord, August 03, 2008 - 12:21 PM.

Posted Image

#15 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted August 03, 2008 - 12:30 PM

netlord, I understand that...but we're just trying to pull away from that discussion in our early stages, because we're already supposed to be a dead site by now, according to some. We should be losing our members within the next one or two days, according to some. Every time that one place is discussed, or even their initials are posted, it's just reminding people that they still exist, and that's what we don't want (or at least I don't, I won't speak for anyone else).

As a Lakers website that is already closely affiliated with all things Lakers, and a message board that is already more active, we have to keep our heads above water and try to make everyone else NOT affiliated with us irrelevant, not by bashing them or comparing them to us, or even talking good about them, but by not talking about them at all. I say "other place" for that very reason, but I don't even like doing that.

Again, I understand what you mean about how you can make that comparison if you wish, and there's no guideline that says you can't, but I just suggest that we steer away from that until that subject is pretty much dead (subject as in topic, of course, right?).

:(

#16 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,683 posts

Posted August 03, 2008 - 12:34 PM

netlord, I understand that...but we're just trying to pull away from that discussion in our early stages, because we're already supposed to be a dead site by now, according to some. We should be losing our members within the next one or two days, according to some. Every time that one place is discussed, or even their initials are posted, it's just reminding people that they still exist, and that's what we don't want (or at least I don't, I won't speak for anyone else).

As a Lakers website that is already closely affiliated with all things Lakers, and a message board that is already more active, we have to keep our heads above water and try to make everyone else NOT affiliated with us irrelevant, not by bashing them or comparing them to us, or even talking good about them, but by not talking about them at all. I say "other place" for that very reason, but I don't even like doing that.

Again, I understand what you mean about how you can make that comparison if you wish, and there's no guideline that says you can't, but I just suggest that we steer away from that until that subject is pretty much dead (subject as in topic, of course, right?).

:(

I feel you. With a staff as yourself and all the others here, this site will be here for a long time, the rest are just jelaous. I will contribute the best I can, and will not mention other laker sites. :(
Posted Image

#17 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted August 03, 2008 - 12:36 PM

I feel you. With a staff as yourself and all the others here, this site will be here for a long time, the rest are just jelaous. I will contribute the best I can, and will not mention other laker sites. :(

Good stuff, bro. Like I said, there's no rule against it. I just prefer we didn't.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users