#42 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted August 28, 2008 - 08:23 AM

we want zo!

No we don't. Yea, he was a great role player with a lot of heart, but he's old with tons of mileage, and he's coming back from a serious season-ending injury. Zo himself doesn't think he'll return until December at the earliest, February the latest. And he still hasn't ruled out retirement if he can't play at a high level.

#43 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,929 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 28, 2008 - 12:30 PM

I seriously hope you don't think Newble and Mbenga were the answer to winning the ring last season.

i would've definitely given those guys a shot over flippin Mihm and Puke Walton to at least show what they got to offer

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#44 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted August 28, 2008 - 12:36 PM

i would've definitely given those guys a shot over flippin Mihm and Puke Walton to at least show what they got to offer

Yea but I think fido's point is that it's ridiculous to think those guys would've been the answer, so your point is moot.

#45 Cash Money 24

Cash Money 24

Rookie

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted August 28, 2008 - 03:28 PM

Hes a waste a money we signed Mihm i say we actually put him to work.

#46 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,847 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 29, 2008 - 12:35 AM

Correctamundo Daco!

Mihm, Walton, Mbenga, Newble - none would have changed the tide.

Luke was hurt all year with nobody realizing just how bad off he was and Mihm was coming off of pretty devastating injury. All 4 were on an equal level at that point.

The reason the Lakers didn't win - no Bynum.

Yet with Bynum there would've been no Gasol. To that end, they may have never gotten as far as the Finals without Gasol in the mix. Now you have both including Odom as a 4th option! Everything worked out perfect for the Lakers. They were a year ahead of schedule as far as I was concerned anyway. Losing the Finals will do nothing but bond this team together further, give everyone deep playoff experience and best of all give them that hunger / edge they need to take the whole thing this coming season.

Back on topic though, I like Mbenga for what he does. It would be good to have him back, but it won't be the end of the world if he goes with Miami (which is more likely considering far more playing time and money is available there). If Magloire wants to latch on to the Lakers, he'll do just as well.

#47 Angela1986

Angela1986

Off The Bench

• 1,584 posts

Posted August 29, 2008 - 12:38 AM

we want zo!

I thought he would have been a great back up two years ago but now I'm not so sure

#48 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,847 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 29, 2008 - 12:42 AM

Zo does the Lakers no more good than Mihm at this point.

Let Zo sign with Miami and finish it out there.

He'll be their first retired number and that's where he needs to wrap up his career.

#49 Texas_Pete

Texas_Pete

Rookie

• 55 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza

Posted August 31, 2008 - 02:01 PM

Correctamundo Daco!

Mihm, Walton, Mbenga, Newble - none would have changed the tide.

Luke was hurt all year with nobody realizing just how bad off he was and Mihm was coming off of pretty devastating injury. All 4 were on an equal level at that point.

The reason the Lakers didn't win - no Bynum.

Yet with Bynum there would've been no Gasol. To that end, they may have never gotten as far as the Finals without Gasol in the mix. Now you have both including Odom as a 4th option! Everything worked out perfect for the Lakers. They were a year ahead of schedule as far as I was concerned anyway. Losing the Finals will do nothing but bond this team together further, give everyone deep playoff experience and best of all give them that hunger / edge they need to take the whole thing this coming season.

Back on topic though, I like Mbenga for what he does. It would be good to have him back, but it won't be the end of the world if he goes with Miami (which is more likely considering far more playing time and money is available there). If Magloire wants to latch on to the Lakers, he'll do just as well.

:goodpost:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users