• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted April 27, 2009 - 03:31 PM

I apologize for what I'm about to say in advance. My thoughts are only a reflection of Andrew Bynum's complaints that hes not playing enough minutes. Not his character, ability or potential.

Drew needs to grow the eF up yo. He was out 3-4 months. This is playoff ball. Hes no where near playoff game shape. Hes not even in pre seaosn game shape. Dude signs a big money guarenteed contract then gets injured. It aint his bad he got injured (its KB's fault actually) so I dont fault him for that. But now dudes gotta act professional and excersize some diligence about the situation. His team and coach are trying to win it all and need to make the decisions based on that sole effort. I'e seen other players this year need to make adjustments in their games to help the TEAM.
LO off the bench
Luke says start Ariza
Ariza questions Lukes recomendation because of his own lack of experience.
Sasha says dont worry about my minutes as long as we win I dont care
Pau steps into the Center positon with no complaints
And KB every time he passes the ball.....
Instead of taking time to biatch to the media and causing friction in the locker room he should be working with Kareem in the Gym or watching game film to figure out how/why Boozer was running NFL receiver patterns around his arse.

And speaking of NFL receivers if Drew wants to pull some Terrell Owens b.s. this early in his career then I dont think it looks optimistic for the future. He's barely a star in the league. Hes known most for being injury prone and thats it. And hes allready talking smack like this about a HOF coach with 9 championships. What happens in 5 years if the prodigal center does become the Lakers main man? Will he do so with grace, humbleness and integrity or are comments like this just a small foreshadow of whats to come?

Would you rather him not care about his minutes and his desire to play. The fact that he wants to play and vocalized it is not a bad thing. Give me 12 players like that instead of a person who is just satisfied with his minutes any day. I wouldn't worry about a T. O. moment. I think we know Drew well enough now to not even think that.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#42 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 27, 2009 - 10:01 PM

Twelve minutes, didn't make a single basket, two fouls, pathetic defense where Millsap completely picked him apart.

#43 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted April 27, 2009 - 10:06 PM

He was just flat out terrible... Millsap just owned him and Bynum is a seven footer...

I know he's not 100% but dayam...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#44 hype

hype

says hi!

• 3,739 posts

Posted April 27, 2009 - 10:23 PM

Maybe his knee's really bothering him? I mean, he's been taking turnaround jumpers for gods sake. His movement could still be really affected by the brace, hence the terrible defense. But if not I don't see how he could regress this badly after having a good end to the regular season. He looks like a rookie again.

#45 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 27, 2009 - 10:24 PM

I don't see how he could regress this badly after having a good end to the regular season. He looks like a rookie again.

That's what I have a problem with.

#46 Rene

Rene

Reborn

• 418 posts
  • Name:Rene

Posted April 27, 2009 - 10:28 PM

Bynum is significantly overrated, there, I said it.. Truth hurts... :(

#47 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted April 27, 2009 - 10:38 PM

Bynum is significantly overrated, there, I said it.. Truth hurts... :(

Rene you are my brotha and a certified Laker fan but you couldn't be any more wrong about DREW!

I am shocked that you would throw Drew under the bus when he struggled this series against the pesky JAZZ.

An if he averages 20 and 12 against Houston or Portland in the next round I don't wanna say I told you so, but it could very much happen.
DEFINITELY NOT OVERRATED

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,311 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 28, 2009 - 08:31 AM

Of course he should care about his minutes and desire in a player is always encouraged.
However he F'ed up when he went public and voiced his grievances to the media instead of quietly, privately and professionally to the coaching staff. He showed immaturity through his actions. Keep team business to the team and speak out only in the locker room. The team doesn’t need more drama and distractions during a championship run. There’s no way to justify him blabbing team bizz to reporters during the playoffs except that he acted immaturely, egotisticaly and selfishly.

Would you rather him not care about his minutes and his desire to play. The fact that he wants to play and vocalized it is not a bad thing.

#49 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted April 28, 2009 - 09:40 AM

Of course he should care about his minutes and desire in a player is always encouraged.
However he F'ed up when he went public and voiced his grievances to the media instead of quietly, privately and professionally to the coaching staff. He showed immaturity through his actions. Keep team business to the team and speak out only in the locker room. The team doesn’t need more drama and distractions during a championship run. There’s no way to justify him blabbing team bizz to reporters during the playoffs except that he acted immaturely, egotisticaly and selfishly.

"It didn't bother me that I didn't start," Bynum said afterward. "It bothered me that I didn't play."

"You got to play to get it back," Bynum said. "Over the last three, four games, I think I've only played like a combined 30 minutes. That's not really enough to get your stuff back together."

How is this immature, egotistical, and selfish?

He was responding to reporters questions honestly. I have never heard people call him egotistical and selfish. Immature at times yes..
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

PHIL JACKSON

#50 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,311 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 28, 2009 - 10:51 AM

Its because he's actually answering the leech parasite media questions that are asked by design to cause friction in the locker room and organization.
He should have said......
"I do what my coach asks, I have confidence in his decisions and am happy to be a part of the playoffs this year. I do hope I continue to play more minutes as the lakers continue to move forward in the Playoffs because I believe I can help more".

Then have his agent earn his 20% and call PJ/Buss and have the discussion about more playing time.

See the difference? I should be dudes PR man.

"It didn't bother me that I didn't start," Bynum said afterward. "It bothered me that I didn't play."

"You got to play to get it back," Bynum said. "Over the last three, four games, I think I've only played like a combined 30 minutes. That's not really enough to get your stuff back together."

How is this immature, egotistical, and selfish?

He was responding to reporters questions honestly. I have never heard people call him egotistical and selfish. Immature at times yes..

#51 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted April 28, 2009 - 11:00 AM

Its because he's actually answering the leech parasite media questions that are asked by design to cause friction in the locker room and organization.
He should have said......
"I do what my coach asks, I have confidence in his decisions and am happy to be a part of the playoffs this year. I do hope I continue to play more minutes as the lakers continue to move forward in the Playoffs because I believe I can help more".

Then have his agent earn his 20% and call PJ/Buss and have the discussion about more playing time.

See the difference? I should be dudes PR man.

That Bynum would be a robot without any passion. Give me a guy who is passionate about playing and wanting to prove himself out there. I think we have the latter.

PHIL JACKSON

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users