Pau, Bynum, & Odom On The Court At The Same Time

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted April 24, 2009 - 02:34 PM

Just wanting to make sure/clarify but, has Phil experimented with this at all yet? If he hasn't, should he at least consider it?

#2 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted April 24, 2009 - 02:36 PM

he should. put kobe at the 1 and ariza at the 2. huge and athletic.
Kobe's official reign of terror is about to get its jump off on.

#3 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 24, 2009 - 02:50 PM

he should. put kobe at the 1 and ariza at the 2. huge and athletic.

That would never happen.

It would be:

C - Bynum
PF - Gasol
SF - Odom
SG - Kobe
PG - Fisher

But if Phil was adamant about playing Ariza, he would put Odom at the point. It's just too risky, though, because Odom (or Ariza, or Kobe) would have to defend Williams, and I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

But I want to see that lineup above, Shannon instead of Fisher.

#4 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted April 24, 2009 - 02:55 PM

You guys don't think having those three in the game at the same time could help us solve some of ourrebounding problems a little better and also cut down on some of Utah's points in the paint?

#5 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 24, 2009 - 03:00 PM

http://lakernation.c...showtopic=12992

#6 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted April 24, 2009 - 03:03 PM

our bench wouldnt be too bad without odom...and if shannon brown starts then we got

fisher
luke
sasha
ariza
powell
farmar
mbenga

its playoffs..and starters play like 38+ minutes anyways..

bw1wOGf.png

#7 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted April 24, 2009 - 03:48 PM

That would never happen.

It would be:

C - Bynum
PF - Gasol
SF - Odom
SG - Kobe
PG - Fisher

But if Phil was adamant about playing Ariza, he would put Odom at the point. It's just too risky, though, because Odom (or Ariza, or Kobe) would have to defend Williams, and I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

But I want to see that lineup above, Shannon instead of Fisher.

Amen brother, amen. We could surely get a ton of offensive boards and cut down Utah's points in the paint. Also, even get our own fastbreak points.

#8 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted April 24, 2009 - 05:20 PM

When they were shooting free throws they were all inserted. I don't remember if they played a little for an actual possession or not.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#9 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 18,185 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 24, 2009 - 05:39 PM

We're gonna be low on depth if some of em get foul trouble, and there's gonna be a lot of SF wanting to play on the bench.

#10 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted April 24, 2009 - 05:59 PM

You guys don't think having those three in the game at the same time could help us solve some of ourrebounding problems a little better and also cut down on some of Utah's points in the paint?

No.

Lamar at the 3 camps at the perimeter all day, he won't rebound much either since he's away from the paint...

Plus, him at the 2nd unit gives life to the bench mob... While Luke looks less worse with starters (the 2nd unit likes to run, Luke is slower than dirt, do the math)...

Edited by insert coin here, April 24, 2009 - 06:00 PM.

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#11 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted April 24, 2009 - 06:03 PM

No.

Lamar at the 3 camps at the perimeter all day, he won't rebound much either since he's away from the paint...

Not entirely true. It's not like ALL rebounds are deep inside the paint. A lot of misses, especially outside shots make for long rebounds and that is where Lamar would be and could get some of those.

#12 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted April 24, 2009 - 06:08 PM

I wanted them to try it aleast a couple times in the season, maybe they do at practice and it's not working out.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#13 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted April 24, 2009 - 11:11 PM

Hopefully they try it out next season...
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#14 Synergy

Synergy

The Only Suns Fan On TLN

• 1,027 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 24, 2009 - 11:14 PM

Hopefully they try it out next season...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Odom a FA this off-season?
Posted Image

#15 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted April 24, 2009 - 11:18 PM

Well, its assuming that he comes back (Kobe said he would, LO said he would take a paycut to stay).
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#16 Rene

Rene

Reborn

• 418 posts
  • Name:Rene

Posted April 24, 2009 - 11:20 PM

You guys need to remember, the Lakers operate much more efficiently as an offensive team, that's why you see Odom in the lineup instead of Bynum during crunch time. Realize that having two seven-footers [Pau and Bynum for the starter's case] does limit how Kobe can ‘attack’ the basket. There is no need to add another 6‘11” forward in there to clog up more space, it's a bad idea when you put things into an offensive perspective, lastly, Odom won't operate in the paint as much as he'd like too granted Bynum and Pau were alongside him, so I don't see how this would help our rebounding issue, which is not an issue to begin with, for the most part, the Lakers are the best rebounding team in the NBA.

Edited by Rene, April 24, 2009 - 11:22 PM.

#17 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted April 24, 2009 - 11:25 PM

so I don't see how this would help our rebounding issue, which is not an issue to begin with, for the most part, the Lakers are the best rebounding team in the NBA.

Um no offense man, but we're not and it IS an issue of ours. The Jazz have BEEN out rebounding us, especially on the offensive boards. A lot of Boozer pushes too he's getting away with, but still.

#18 Rene

Rene

Reborn

• 418 posts
  • Name:Rene

Posted April 24, 2009 - 11:44 PM

Um no offense man, but we're not and it IS an issue of ours. The Jazz have BEEN out rebounding us, especially on the offensive boards. A lot of Boozer pushes too he's getting away with, but still.

I beg to differ, the Lakers average 43.6 rebounds PER game to the Jazz's 41.1, this stat accumulating both the playoffs and regular season, for the season series itself, the Jazz are a +23 in rebounds, which is a considerable gap. What I don't agree with, is that rebounding will continue to be an issue. Why Andrew stayed off the floor is beyond me. The Lakers were a -8 in rebounding in Game 1, and still came out with a convincing victory, rebounding is an overrated aspect in terms of it affecting the outcome of the ballgame, it's one thing to rebound, and it's another to capitalize on offensive rebounding, I really don't see rebounding being a problem, granted the Lakers' bigs stay out of foul trouble, but you never know. It's one of those things that should get taken care of without much adjustment, the Lakers are the best rebounding team in the NBA.

#19 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted April 24, 2009 - 11:58 PM

for the season series itself, the Jazz are a +23 in rebounds, which is a considerable gap.

That was my main point. I didn't really care about the regular season.

#20 Sako32

Sako32

LIKE A ROLLING STONE

• 1,217 posts
  • Name:Sako
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, & Bynum

Posted April 25, 2009 - 12:36 AM

PJ played all three for a couple minutes in the pre-season.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users