37 replies to this topic

#1 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted April 22, 2009 - 04:30 PM

So I was listening to the Mason & Ireland Show earlier on 710 ESPN, and they were talking about an incident that happened in the crowd at last night's game.

Apparently when the game started to get close, a couple of guys in the lower level seats stood up and started cheering the Lakers. However, nobody else stood up and there were seven guys behind them who started yelling at them to sit down. They wouldn't sit down, and a fight almost broke out. I didn't get to catch the entire story, but I believe they said that Staples Center officials then asked the two men to leave because they wouldn't sit down.

ARE YOU [expletive]ING KIDDING ME?!

It's a playoff game! The crowd SHOULD BE standing. Those two guys were the only ones who cared enough to actually make some noise and cheer for their team, and because nobody else did, THEY got kicked out. This just goes to show how truly [expletive]ty Lakers fans are. [expletive] all those people in the lower level seats who don't stand up and cheer and sit there on their asses all game. Let other people who actually care buy the tickets to the games.

The only time the [expletive]ing crowd gets loud is for tacos from Jack In The Box (which [expletive]ing suck to begin with - stop being so cheap and go spend a dollar you cheap [expletive]s).

This really pissed me off. Don't kick those two guys out - kick the other 200+ people who were sitting there stoic and pretending to be fans. They should have all the lower level fans switch places with the upper level fans for a night and then see the kind of fan reaction at Staples - those are the true fans. It's so sad that the fans up in Oakland will go CRAZY for their team even though they have no shot at a PLAYOFF berth, and our fans sit there as we're working towards a CHAMPIONSHIP.

For all the great Lakers fans out there, there's so many who are just bandwagon fans that have no business being there other than to show they have the money to sit there. To those people I say: [expletive] YOU.

/END RANT

Bleeding purple & gold...

#2 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 22, 2009 - 04:32 PM

I agree

Posted Image

#3 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,818 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 22, 2009 - 04:33 PM

Wow, what a horrible thing to happen to REAL fans. Most of those people in the lower level don't seem like great fans to begin with, save for Jack, all the real noise comes from the upper level.

#4 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted April 22, 2009 - 04:35 PM

it seems like this discussion goes on every year.
it's all about status down there. not whether or not you bleed p&g but whether or not you were there to be seen.

#5 Machinehead

Machinehead

BringBackSasha

• 6,671 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:Radmanovic's long hair days.
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha Vujacic

Posted April 22, 2009 - 04:36 PM

Wow, that's some stupid [expletive]. I can't even believe something like that. Wow....
Posted Image

#6 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts

Posted April 22, 2009 - 04:39 PM

it seems like this discussion goes on every year.
it's all about status down there. not whether or not you bleed p&g but whether or not you were there to be seen.

This is a different discussion, though, because two fans were kicked out for standing up and cheering. Yes, they were asked to sit down, but what the [expletive]?

I'm more pissed at Staples officials than anything. I understand they're not going to kick out the other people who are outnumbering the two guys, but surely something can be done?

#7 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

• 3,271 posts

Posted April 22, 2009 - 04:39 PM

For all the great Lakers fans out there, there's so many who are just bandwagon fans that have no business being there other than to show they have the money to sit there. To those people I say: [expletive] YOU.

I wouldn't even give them the distinction of being 'bandwagon fans.'

#8 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

• 3,271 posts

Posted April 22, 2009 - 04:42 PM

This is a different discussion, though, because two fans were kicked out for standing up and cheering. Yes, they were asked to sit down, but what the [expletive]?

I'm more pissed at Staples officials than anything. I understand they're not going to kick out the other people who are outnumbering the two guys, but surely something can be done?

I feel you. You have to acknowledge that this is the Lakers primary source of revenue, though. They have assets to protect. It's built into all team's code of conduct that fans deemed disruptive to the play on court, or to other fans in attendance are subject to ejection. This includes standing, if it's disruptive, which, in this case, it unfortunately was.

It's a sick sick world we live in.

Edited by xSNVEx, April 22, 2009 - 04:43 PM.

#9 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts

Posted April 22, 2009 - 04:44 PM

And I understand all of that - I really do. But it's bull[expletive].

If everyone around those two guys were kicked out and those two remained, it would've been louder in the lower levels than it would be if those two guys were kicked out and everyone else stayed.

#10 LP_18

LP_18

Sasha's favorite

• 1,856 posts
  • Name:Lisa
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha!

Posted April 22, 2009 - 04:45 PM

i usually try to save up more money so i can sit in the lower levels and the times i have, i see people walking in after the 1st quarter ended... leaving and getting food or drinks... or leaving early.
i dont understand. why pay so much money to miss parts of the game? these are people who just go to say they went and try to get on camera. its sad.

QUOTE (MDI @ Mar 19 2009, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when did sash turn into kobe ? WTF?

TEAM SASHA!
TEAM PAU PAU!

#11 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

• 3,271 posts

Posted April 22, 2009 - 04:48 PM

And I understand all of that - I really do. But it's bull[expletive].

If everyone around those two guys were kicked out and those two remained, it would've been louder in the lower levels than it would be if those two guys were kicked out and everyone else stayed.

And I agree wholeheartedly. It's bull[expletive] indeed.

i usually try to save up more money so i can sit in the lower levels and the times i have, i see people walking in after the 1st quarter ended... leaving and getting food or drinks... or leaving early.
i dont understand. why pay so much money to miss parts of the game? these are people who just go to say they went and try to get on camera. its sad.

disposable income.
it's the ritzy thing to do these days.
i always sit in the 300s and LOVE it up there. Way way way way more communal.

#12 squid

squid

Rookie

• 164 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Bean & Magic

Posted April 22, 2009 - 05:04 PM

thats is why i cant wait for Home Court Avantage in the *Finals...Imma be there for sure;

last year the whole lower level was packed n it was loud even though it was on the bigscreen plus we did the wave...

true fans go to HCA even if the team isnt there, you do it to show support...plus you get to watch it with a bunch of true lakers fans, its a fun experience

*If/When we get there

Posted Image

#13 ez24

ez24

Back To Back?

• 1,506 posts
  • Fan Since:99-00 Brothers would watch them play and I followed
  • Fav. Laker:Trevor Ariza, Kobe Bryant

Posted April 22, 2009 - 05:14 PM

F*** L.A...........

yall know what i mean....

that is BS
Im still a Trevor Ariza Fan, Thanks For The Championship.

#14 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted April 22, 2009 - 05:15 PM

I agree

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#15 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts

Posted April 22, 2009 - 05:21 PM

One of my buddies said he heard the thing from the beginning and that nobody asked them to leave if they didn't sit down, but I think he heard it wrong - I know they didn't just do nothing about it because a fight was going to break out and it was stopped.

#16 udechukwu

udechukwu

KB24: Silencing opposing crowds for over a decade

• 128 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fan Since:birth 1990
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 22, 2009 - 05:24 PM

i totally agree. in gm 1 ppl were chanting "we want tacos" only to start booing when the jazz got past 100, what kinda crap is that. like you said jack in the box tacos are nasty!!!

unfortunately staples center has just become the gathering place of random celebrities and rich snobs, especially during playoffs . i live in irvine so i definitely know the sort.

Where will amazing happen this year ?..... LA!!!
2009 NBA Champions
A Prophecy fulfilled.

#17 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted April 22, 2009 - 05:25 PM

I really do hate staples sometimes.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#18 magicmoment

magicmoment

ArtestMediaGroup Graphic Designer

• 3,489 posts
  • Name:Angelica "Gel Gel"
  • Fan Since:circa 1999ish
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Vujacic, Gasol, Artest

Posted April 22, 2009 - 05:41 PM

The staples center security is horrible. Ive had my own experience with them as well. :angry:

#19 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts

Posted April 22, 2009 - 05:44 PM

The staples center security is horrible. Ive had my own experience with them as well. :angry:

Elaborate.

#20 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts

Posted April 22, 2009 - 06:31 PM

You can listen to the podcast here: http://stations.espn...=masirepodcasts

For whatever reason, it's not working for me right now, though. Is it working for anyone else?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users