#2282 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted April 20, 2011 - 09:50 PM

FRANK MCCOURT GONE!!!!

Dodgers owned by the League now, lets hope Mark Cuban buys it

Saw this earlier. Crazy what's happening with the Dodgers franchise.. I'll hate you forever McCourt.

At least we won 6-1 today!

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#2283 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,204 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 21, 2011 - 01:07 PM

Crazyness

The MLB owns the Dodgers
The NBA owns the Hornets

#2284 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted April 21, 2011 - 05:09 PM

Matt Kemp 4 MVP! Great win today. Glad the team keeps playing hard through all this crazy [expletive].

So thankful the McCourts are gone and this franchise can be what it use to be again sometime in the near future. :rock:

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

• 40,395 posts

Posted April 21, 2011 - 05:16 PM

Matt Kemp's been playing a lot better now ever since he's not with Rihanna no more. Coincidence? Hmmm....

yo.

#2286 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted April 21, 2011 - 06:32 PM

Matt Kemp's been playing a lot better now ever since he's not with Rihanna no more. Coincidence? Hmmm....

And right when he went into his slump is when he started dating Rihanna.

I wish Westcoast still posted, I'd like to know what he thinks about this current situation. :hmm:

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#2287 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 22, 2011 - 10:21 AM

And right when he went into his slump is when he started dating Rihanna.

I wish Westcoast still posted, I'd like to know what he thinks about this current situation. :hmm:

Well since you wondered, I'll let you know :laughing:

I think it was about damn time that someone stepped in to help the franchise out.

McCourt simply does not deserve to own any sports team. When you can't have your personal life in order, then how do you expect to take on the responsibility of running a franchise? And its not just a small franchise like the Washington Nationals, its a storied franchise that is up there with the likes of the Yankees, Red Sox, and Cubs.

I am pretty pissed about how all this information is coming out about how the Dodgers are $450 million + in debt and that his children were receiving money from the organization without having jobs with the Dodgers. Then on top of that, he asks for a $30 million loan just so he can meet payroll?

McCourt says he is going to sue and he has every right to do that, but he will fail. He has too much going against him. Divorce case, personal use for dodgers finances that paid for family vacations, debt, the Giant fan beating a few weeks ago (which is partly his fault as he cut Dodger stadium security the last two seasons), loans behind the Commissioners back, etc. MLB is already pissed at him and suing them is just going to enrage them more.

Simply put, McCourt's days in Los Angeles are numbered. I just hope whoever comes in to take over ownership, which should happen as soon as this summer, that they fork out the cash to bring in some big name stars and also keep players like Kemp, Kershaw, and Ethier in LA. If I need to see Jamey Carrol and Aaron Miles bat back to back in a batting order for much longer, I am going send a remote through my TV.

The Dodgers will be back and I'm glad that the process has started. I was born a Dodger fan and I have been going to games all my life. I can deal with my team struggling, but I hate seeing my team struggle because of some business man from Boston that does not have his life in order that refuses to put out the money to make the team successful on the field. We are 12th in the MLB in team payroll at about $103 million. San Francisco, Minnesota, Detroit and St. Louis is in front of us. For our market, we should be at $140 million and be up there with the Angels, Red Sox, Yankees and Phillies.

#2288 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 10:25 AM

Selig may have overstepped in taking the Dodgers over. If McCourt doesn't back down and takes Selig to court this may backfire. Or McCourt may just wanna a better deal.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#2289 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 10:47 AM

Selig may have overstepped in taking the Dodgers over. If McCourt doesn't back down and takes Selig to court this may backfire. Or McCourt may just wanna a better deal.

No, McCourt overstepped by getting a loan behind Selig's back. That was the last straw for MLB.

#2290 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted July 03, 2011 - 04:14 PM

I'd love to have Mark Cuban be the owner TBH.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#2291 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 08:19 AM

No, McCourt overstepped by getting a loan behind Selig's back. That was the last straw for MLB.

Did he do it behind his back? He knew it ultimately had to be approved by Selig so I don't think it could ever be behind his back.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#2292 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,929 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 12:15 PM

Went to last night's game at Angels stadium. Heard Kobe was there from the ushers but didn't see him...ugh 1 run in 2 games pathetic. Billingsley was great there he gave up that mistake to Branyan who hasn't homered all year but again no run support.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2293 OrangeZack

OrangeZack

DR OCTOGONAPUS BLAHHHH!

• 582 posts

Posted July 07, 2011 - 11:32 AM

I am blaming 3 people for the Dodgers collapse this year..

Frank McCourt - Pretty obvious choice with this one. Been a circus with this complete moron. He is turning away fans, dodgers have the lowest attendance in years.

Don Mattingly - His decisions at mananger have been questionable at BEST. Why haven't the two best contact hitters on our team been at the top of the order (Aaron Miles and Jamey Carroll) been at the top of the order EVERY night. They will get on base for our big power hitters. He has no idea how to play the numbers game with pitchers, and his inexperience shows every game. Since we don't have that many power hitters, we should focus on contact.

Juan Uribe - I knew this guy was a nightmare from the beginning. 4 home runs, 26 RBI's with a 209 batting average. This guy is absolute TRASH. Send him down to the minors now. If we really wanted to win we would get rid of this guy immediatly. Aaron Miles is beyond better than him.

Here is the lineup I would send out every night.

1. LF Tony Gywnn
2. 2B Aaron Miles
3. 3B Jamey Carroll
4. CF Matt Kemp
5. RF Andre Either
6. 1B James Loney
7. SS Rafael Furcal
8. C AJ Ellis.
9. Pitchers Spot

Pitching Rotation:
1.Kershaw
2. Kuroda
3. Billingsley
4. De La Rosa
5. Anyone but Lilly. ---- Lily is beyond his better days.

Edited by OrangeZack, July 07, 2011 - 11:33 AM.

Posted Image
ONE MORE COOKIE!

• 40,395 posts

Posted July 07, 2011 - 09:05 PM

^ How could you not mention the Giants fan beating situation. That had a HUGE impact on declining attendance numbers. The extremely increased police presence, fear of racial profiling, etc.

yo.

#2295 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,110 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted July 23, 2011 - 11:11 PM

So disappointed with this team, ownership, the front office, basically the whole franchise, changes need to be made, soon.

Went to this micro brewery/restaurant spot Rock Bottom last night, and they had the game on, it was a 1 run game, Nationals loaded the bases, and hit a grand slam. Game over. Just pathetic.

#2296 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted August 18, 2011 - 10:33 AM

Worst Season. Ever. Never been so uninterested in Dodgers baseball. At least we have Kemp & Kershaw and Ethier is still doing alright. It's going to take this team awhile to get a good product back on the field.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#2297 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,929 posts

Posted August 28, 2011 - 09:15 AM

So Andre Ethier is hurt but the team doesn't believe him and wont rest him...

http://www.latimes.c...739,full.column

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2298 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted August 28, 2011 - 09:58 PM

So Andre Ethier is hurt but the team doesn't believe him and wont rest him...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-simers-20110828,0,7353739,full.column

Mattingly: Hey Frank, Andre's recent struggles are a result of a bad knee that will require surgery. The training staff feels it is best that we shut him down for the rest of the season and get the operation completed as soon as possibly.

Mccourt: Are you insane?! You really believe this franchise has the money to cover a knee surgery? You will continue to put Andre in the lineup and he can get his surgery once he goes to Boston this off-season. For the time being, I need him in the lineup so fans will continue to buy tickets so I can take a well deserved vacation when this season is over.

#2299 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted August 28, 2011 - 10:03 PM

Okay but seriously, here's another article from ESPN. Donnie baseball is not very happy with the comments made by Andre.

http://espn.go.com/l...gm-discuss-knee

#2300 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,110 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted August 29, 2011 - 06:20 PM

Well, it looks like Ethier back-tracked from the comments he made earlier where he implied they just sent him out on a pretty bad knee/foot forcibly even though he was in pain and it had a direct impact on his offensive/defensive performance.

He said it's all on him to go out and play, they ask him if he can give it a go, and if he says "yes", he's in the lineup.

This team is pretty garbage though, there's some bright spots here and there, like Kemp and Kershaw, but god damn our lineup sucks. And it's not like ownership is going to open up their checkbooks and sign 3-4 good hitters including 1-2 with some pop to protect Kemp, maybe sign 2 more quality starters, bolster our bullpen, NOPE, they'll probablly hand out some bad contracts, and depend on cheap minor league call-ups and cheap journey men players to get us wins.

I've started watching games a bit consistently lately for the first this season, and the stadium always looks empty. I've turned down free tickets about 5 times this year, some decent-great tickets too. Fans look like they're pretty fed up too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users