45 replies to this topic

#41 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted April 21, 2009 - 05:12 PM

The fans in the playoffs cant cheer, stand or yell...until it comes time to yell "WE WANT TACOS" they all left before the end instead of giving our team a standing ovation, less than 30% of the people wore the shirts.

I was there. 80% of the people wore the shirts. And nobody in my section was chanting for tacos. And everybody around me gave the Lakers a standing ovation. You don't know what you're talking about.

Edited by Scott P, April 21, 2009 - 05:12 PM.

#42 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted April 21, 2009 - 05:15 PM

Our homecrowd sucks. During that stretch when the Jazz brought down our lead to 9 points, the entire crowd was quiet. It was like a damn library or something, pretty disappointing. Our crowd needs to get more pumped up, it's playoffs!

I wish we could have bottled and brought out some of that energy from Christmas Day. I don't think I even sat down during the entire broadcast of the game :D

Except a run by the other team is what quiets a crowd.

#43 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,755 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 21, 2009 - 05:19 PM

Except a run by the other team is what quiets a crowd.

Sadly, that's what happens. I couldn't hear the crowd at all during that stretch while I watched the game, it seemed more like we were down by double-digits than up.

#44 Lakers4lyf

Lakers4lyf

Rookie

• 110 posts
  • Name:alik
  • Fan Since:2005
  • Fav. Laker:every laker...

Posted April 21, 2009 - 05:26 PM

the crowd annoys me. they need to get into the game. the team feeds off their energy...BE LOUD Staples crowd!
who they want? they want Kobe
and what he want? he want the trophy

#45 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 21, 2009 - 06:44 PM

Case in favor of Laker fans being the same as other NBA fans:

Right now the Cavs are up by 26 against the Pistons at home on a deep playoff run kind of season - and there is absolute silence in the arena.

You can hear the concession guys in the stands on TV.

Laker fans are fantastic! The same as every other NBA fan (sans some dumber ones in certain places). They cheer when its close or early in the game and they get quiet in scary / garbage times.

That's the way it is. To berate Laker fans anymore than every other sports fan is ridiculous.

#46 Shooter871

Shooter871

Veteran

• 1,429 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 21, 2009 - 09:29 PM

Case in favor of Laker fans being the same as other NBA fans:

Right now the Cavs are up by 26 against the Pistons at home on a deep playoff run kind of season - and there is absolute silence in the arena.

You can hear the concession guys in the stands on TV.

Laker fans are fantastic! The same as every other NBA fan (sans some dumber ones in certain places). They cheer when its close or early in the game and they get quiet in scary / garbage times.

That's the way it is. To berate Laker fans anymore than every other sports fan is ridiculous.

Thank You, What do these guys expect us to be, primates? or be like alot of international fans who have no clue whats going on with the game yet just go their to act like morons?
:fisher: / :kobe: / :artest: / :pau: / :bynum:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users