It makes me disgusted that..

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Kenrae

Kenrae

Metal Mutant

• 954 posts

Posted April 21, 2009 - 07:00 AM

^ I agree with this our crowd is very passive. I watched the Bulls vs Boston game their home crowd are nuts.

All NBA crowds are passive :dance1: :lol:
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent

#22 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,647 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted April 21, 2009 - 07:35 AM

The Lakers have great fans. The passivity has always existed, but it has never hurt us.

No teams' fans understand the big moment like Lakers fans do.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#23 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted April 21, 2009 - 07:50 AM

you should try going to a game then, b/c laker fans get after it. In fact last week Breen was on with the guy subing for Rome and he even said Staples has become a strong homecourt advantage etc. I've been to a bunch of games this year and will be going to a round 2 game and I have always thought lakers fans are no different. no one cheers anywhere (seen games at the garden) when a team is up huge. No one cheers when a team is down huge. Fans cheer when its tight and they feel their team needs the boost. Thats what LA, NY, Chi, Memphis fans do(arenas I've been to)
Kobe's official reign of terror is about to get its jump off on.

#24 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,309 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted April 21, 2009 - 08:51 AM

[expletive] NATE ROBINSON

If you're serious, you can (removed).

#25 Rinnegato

Rinnegato

Rookie

• 150 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, and Chick

Posted April 21, 2009 - 10:15 AM

I don’t personally want tacos, but its a way for us to congratulate our team for shutting the opponent down. The whole NBA knows of this chant and the teams probably fear getting embarrassed when they step into Staples.

Imagine you are the opponent and you are about to lose, on top of that, you have 18000+ fans taunting you that they want tacos. On the other side - how cool is it that just by your team's stellar D, they can give their fans some tacos, as if we're part of the team that's been cheering them on the whole game.

Trust me, when the game is close though, no one thinks of freakin tacos at the game, just like game 5 of the finals last year. We got tacos but didn't realize it until the game was over with that Kobe steal/dunk. But you better believe that if the Celtics are getting blown out, I'm sure everyone at Staples will yell "We want tacos" so loud that it can be heard all the way in Boston.

All the other fans have the “Beat LA” chants… This is our way of getting back at their teams, by saying we get tacos because you guys sucked extra bad tonight haha.

If it wasn’t for this chant, then all we would have left is the “____ sucks” chants and “Lets go Lakers” chants, and "M-V-P" chants.
"This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!" -Chick Hearn

#26 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted April 21, 2009 - 10:21 AM

:nah: we're not loud at all.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#27 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted April 21, 2009 - 10:23 AM

Apparently nobody watched Orlando/Philly on Sunday. I'm convinced the crowd in Orlando lost that game for them. all but zero noise for the entirety of that blown lead.

but i gotta admit, i was kind of pissed when people booed the Jazz' 100th point. uncalled for. it's a coupon for two tacos. $1 value. If you have to money to buy playoff tickets, i don't think you need that dollar that bad.

Edited by xSNVEx, April 21, 2009 - 10:25 AM.

#28 tru'tildeath

tru'tildeath

Rookie

• 768 posts
  • Fav. Laker:chick hearn

Posted April 21, 2009 - 10:34 AM

If you're serious, you can (removed).

o yeah your that half Lakers half Knicks fan, my bad. sorry

#29 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,309 posts

Posted April 21, 2009 - 10:55 AM

o yeah your that half Lakers half Knicks fan, my bad. sorry

lol, yap. Even if you're not a Knicks fan, you should never badmouth Nate. He's damn 5'7 and averages 18/4/4 off the bench.

#30 Rinnegato

Rinnegato

Rookie

• 150 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, and Chick

Posted April 21, 2009 - 11:25 AM

Apparently nobody watched Orlando/Philly on Sunday. I'm convinced the crowd in Orlando lost that game for them. all but zero noise for the entirety of that blown lead.

but i gotta admit, i was kind of pissed when people booed the Jazz' 100th point. uncalled for. it's a coupon for two tacos. $1 value. If you have to money to buy playoff tickets, i don't think you need that dollar that bad.

The fans aren't really booing, when that happens we're doing it for fun. We are actually laughing when we are doing it because that's the only way the opponent "wins".
"This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!" -Chick Hearn

#31 Samson1987

Samson1987

Rookie

• 539 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Bryant-Gasol-Artest-Brown

Posted April 21, 2009 - 11:27 AM

Yeah the Staples center is not exactly a hostile environment. But you know how people from LA are, we're just too laid back. And if someone's passing out free shit you bet your ass we'll be the first in line.

Edited by Samson1987, April 21, 2009 - 11:28 AM.

"If you could stop all the players that get publicized and all the players that the NBA likes and all the players, you know, the players that win the MVP's, you know, for their offense. And some of them, you know, play pretty good defense too. But some of them, you know, they like "this guy he can shoot, he can score, he can dunk." and I want to be the one to stop all those guys, you know, and just kinda spoil the whole party." - Ron Artest

#32 jackmode211

jackmode211

Rookie

• 438 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted April 21, 2009 - 12:33 PM

no one takes the tacos seriously....i remember chanting for chalupas a few years back at staples.....and got em...
.....its just something small to latch on to....to help remember your staples expirence...if you cant appreciate that...your whole perspective is wack....

#33 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,279 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 21, 2009 - 02:45 PM

#24 - easy on the verbage.

Nate Robinson is a player, everyone has likes and dislikes for certain players. No need to lash back with insults and unacceptable stuff.

#34 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts

Posted April 21, 2009 - 02:50 PM

excuuuuuuuuuuse laker fans for acting like we've been there

we were CURB STOMPING the JIZZ in the f'n FIRST ROUND for cryin out loud

and f(!) van gundy and anyone that has beef with the fans wanting tacos

'take away from the game' ?!?!? ummmmm, what game? gimme a break

stop cryin...there are real fans there....i've been to the 300s and the 100s, the lakers get love, the bad calls get booed....

its NOT THE FORUM people
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#35 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,309 posts

Posted April 21, 2009 - 02:59 PM

#24 - easy on the verbage.

Nate Robinson is a player, everyone has likes and dislikes for certain players. No need to lash back with insults and unacceptable stuff.

my bad man. 

#36 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,369 posts

Posted April 21, 2009 - 03:02 PM

the smog causes the crowd to be light headed while the california economy has them thinking about their quickly deteriorating financial situation

that on top of the fact it was a blowout
Posted Image

#37 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,599 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 21, 2009 - 03:05 PM

Our homecrowd sucks. During that stretch when the Jazz brought down our lead to 9 points, the entire crowd was quiet. It was like a damn library or something, pretty disappointing. Our crowd needs to get more pumped up, it's playoffs!

I wish we could have bottled and brought out some of that energy from Christmas Day. I don't think I even sat down during the entire broadcast of the game :D

#38 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

• 3,271 posts

Posted April 21, 2009 - 04:17 PM

The fans aren't really booing, when that happens we're doing it for fun. We are actually laughing when we are doing it because that's the only way the opponent "wins".

of course. i understand that. i just think it's kinda stupid.

#39 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,279 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted April 21, 2009 - 04:20 PM

Always fans complaining about other fans, yet the players never complain one bit.

The Laker fans are great! We expect winning because that's what we've been given. There's nothing wrong with a crowd getting quietly tentative when things get tight. All fans do that.

If Laker fans were constantly screaming, oblivious to the state of the game (ala Sacramento) then I'd be worried.

#40 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

• 3,271 posts

Posted April 21, 2009 - 04:24 PM

Always fans complaining about other fans, yet the players never complain one bit.

The Laker fans are great! We expect winning because that's what we've been given. There's nothing wrong with a crowd getting quietly tentative when things get tight. All fans do that.

If Laker fans were constantly screaming, oblivious to the state of the game (ala Sacramento) then I'd be worried.

hahah. truth spoken.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users