#1 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted April 20, 2009 - 03:19 PM

Posted Image
There is obviously a great deal to admire about Detroit Pistons general manager Joe Dumars, who has compiled a track record worthy of song. Under Dumars the Pistons traveled to six consecutive Eastern Conference finals and won an NBA championship in 2004.

With great cageyness and guile Dumars built Detroit's dynasty with discarded cads, castoffs and carpetbaggers, applied cement glue to the cracks and imperfections, and then took the NBA by force.

Yet if you don't think Dumars is losing his way and losing his touch, you haven't been paying attention. The knack he had for chemistry building steeped in stellar genius is beginning to fray.

Read the whole article..he has the right idea, IMO, but he's a little too harsh.

Edited by Junayd, April 20, 2009 - 03:23 PM.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#2 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 20, 2009 - 06:06 PM

He traded away the one player on that team that held them together for all these seasons and brought in a player that was a horrible fit for them right from the get-go. I'd give him an F for his work this season. Detroit will need a MAJOR rehaul in the future if they want to become meaningful again.

#3 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted April 21, 2009 - 01:12 AM

He traded away the one player on that team that held them together for all these seasons and brought in a player that was a horrible fit for them right from the get-go. I'd give him an F for his work this season. Detroit will need a MAJOR rehaul in the future if they want to become meaningful again.

Yeah, they're pretty much screwed for the next 5 years, IMO..unless they get younger, cause their young guys aren't ready to take over yet.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#4 Domo

Domo

Based

• 998 posts

Posted April 21, 2009 - 02:08 AM

Feel sorry for him, took a risk and it didn't pay off. Billups was definitely the glue of that team.

#5 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted April 21, 2009 - 03:31 PM

No big deal...

Even with Billups, they won't make far anyway... Not only they got rid of his contract, they have a 20 mil expiring...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users