Shooting

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,455 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 20, 2009 - 11:12 AM

Wanted to share and thought it might be good convo for the board to.

No jokes here. Shooting is an Olympic sport. Target shooting is one of the oldest sports ever (Archery) and was one of the main events of the first ever Olympic games. So please gun haters check your views. I wouldn’t kill people unless I'm forced to protect myself or family. I like shooting for sport so no politics crap please.

I'm not so into hunting game but have done so. Never deer because I think deer are just a docile animal that just like to do their own thing and pose no threat of hunting me back. So I don’t see the excitement in killing deer except for food. And I’ve never ate one so I’ve never killed one either. But I’ve hunted wild boar and that was crazy. They weigh about 450 lbs. and run at you about 25mph with 8-12 inch long tusks and are ready to rampage you and eat....lol. And sometimes they come in packs. You gotta be fast and accurate. And ya know how some basketball players are clutch and some choke under pressure......well in this sport if you choke you get hurt.....bad.

My fav rifle is my USA made (UT) Vector Arms AK47, equipped with a
fiberglass dragunov sniper rifle stock w/ targeting chin rest (the entire back part that goes against the shoulder)
and recoil pad (rubber on end of stock to help soften the kick of rifle)
tactical quad rail hand guards (above front handle used to mount accessories)
tactical fore grip with laser activation button on side and battery compartment housing (front handle)
red/green laser sight, (detachable, shown above front handle) & 7-18x magnified scope (detachable, not shown)
and internal stabilizer to steady targeting. (inside gun, cant see but it's important. Its the equal to shooting what a basketball player would be to shoe's).
And that’s a steel 30 rd. magazine.

I’ve used this rifle in major competitions and have 4 wins, 9 second place and 6 third place finishes. I have only failed to qualify 1 time and it’s because I was deducted points for breaking a rule I had never heard of before. In decent wind conditions (under 25 mph) I can shoot a consistent 4-5" pattern from 150 yards away after I've dialed in my scope and Laser sight.

Posted Image
And my UZI IMI 9mm Baby Eagle/Jericho with extended 40 rd. magazine....this baby can unleash hell.
Posted Image

Edited by LakersGAFan, October 14, 2009 - 04:00 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#2 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,473 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted April 20, 2009 - 12:46 PM

Sounds like fun. Always heard boar hunting was fun/scary. Nice gun.

2hf753r.jpg

#3 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,455 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted April 23, 2009 - 11:02 AM

thanks man

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#4 lakerswiz

lakerswiz

Off The Bench

• 2,578 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 23, 2009 - 11:49 AM

My friend is heavily into shooting, not in competitions or anything, but his Dad was a sheriff so they've got a bunch of guns and a bunch of places that they are allowed to go shoot. Plus he gets to shoot many guns that aren't available to the general public. I've never shot a real gun though.

#5 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,455 posts

Posted April 24, 2009 - 05:33 AM

thats cool. Law enforcement gets to test lots of new stuff to. You should roll with your friend and dad sometime and try it out. Do they go to a range/club or to the woods somewhere private to let em rip?

My friend is heavily into shooting, not in competitions or anything, but his Dad was a sheriff so they've got a bunch of guns and a bunch of places that they are allowed to go shoot. Plus he gets to shoot many guns that aren't available to the general public. I've never shot a real gun though.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#6 Aztek Lakerfan

Aztek Lakerfan

Aztek Lakerfan

• 466 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 03, 2009 - 12:40 PM

Cool, I would like to go to a shooting range someday. The only shooting that I do is thru paintball and that's fun too.

#7 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,455 posts

Posted May 16, 2009 - 08:23 AM

yea, Paintballs mad fun. You should try shooting sometime. Its fun.

Cool, I would like to go to a shooting range someday. The only shooting that I do is thru paintball and that's fun too.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#8 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted June 13, 2009 - 03:58 PM

My family out east are big hunters. My Uncle that was in the military shoots around 10 deer a year. It's crazy. When I move up to Michigan this year I'll be getting a rifle. I'm thinking about a Remington.

Posted Image

#9 GlockFotay

GlockFotay

Don't you wish your boyfriend is as HOT like me?

• 742 posts
  • Fan Since:The GW Forum days.
  • Fav. Laker:Chick Hearn

Posted October 06, 2009 - 04:31 PM

Nice. My upper just arrived today from Bravo Company. I'm building an AR15, but I can't shoot it yet until I get the charging handle.

I use mine mainly for target shooting, maybe later take a carbine tactical course.

Posted Image

Yes, I need to update this banner...Let's go Lakers!!!

#10 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,455 posts

Posted October 12, 2009 - 12:07 PM

Nice. My upper just arrived today from Bravo Company. I'm building an AR15, but I can't shoot it yet until I get the charging handle.

I use mine mainly for target shooting, maybe later take a carbine tactical course.

sweeeeeeet. your building it from ground up. Ive never done that. I'm solid untill I get to the trigger mechs. I hate anything with spring retension...lol. What brand parts are you buying primarily or are you just getting a mix?

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#11 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted October 12, 2009 - 12:43 PM

my mom has a d-eagle, caliber.45 and a small m-16(dunno the model). she's into target shooting. weird i know, but since being a public official puts her life in danger, she needs it. I have a oldie, my dad's gun(from the Macasero family tree), .38 caliber revolver for my protection, never fired it though

#12 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,455 posts

Posted October 14, 2009 - 04:13 AM

my mom has a d-eagle, caliber.45 and a small m-16(dunno the model). she's into target shooting. weird i know, but since being a public official puts her life in danger, she needs it. I have a oldie, my dad's gun(from the Macasero family tree), .38 caliber revolver for my protection, never fired it though

Desert Eagle .45 = one of the best side arms ever imo. I like the Kimber Raptor .45 better but both are superb guns. I'm not gonna lie I just like the way the Kimber Raptor looks more. Performance wise both are at the top of the game though.

And aint no shame in a .38 revolver for self protection. Thats a gun that will put a Shaq sized man on his arse. Is it a snub nosed (short compact barrell like in The GodFather movies) or a long barrel like the old western movies.

Parents always have tight guns. My dad recently bought a revolver. Its called "The Judge". Its an amazing side arm for personal protection. The pic below isnt his because he has a 3.5" barrell and his is chrome but it will give you the idea.
It holds 6 rounds, 5 shot gun shell type rounds and one single .45 caliber bullet.
My dad took it to the range a week or so ago and said it tottaly destroyed a full grown Pumpkin at 6 feet away. He said the first shell he fired obliterated the pumpkin. It was mush mixed with a few hard areas. Awesome power for in home self protection because you dont really have to aim. Just point in the general area and you hit everything in 6 feet.
Posted Image

Edited by LakersGAFan, October 14, 2009 - 04:14 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#13 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted November 17, 2009 - 02:40 PM

This is my gun. It can kill you from 50 feet away.

Posted Image

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#14 Laker Guard

Laker Guard

Rookie

• 525 posts

Posted December 09, 2009 - 10:36 PM

The only guns I can use around here are really fun to shoot but OMG THE AMMO IS EXPENSIVE

#15 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,455 posts

Posted December 28, 2009 - 10:24 AM

The truth is ammo got very expensive after Obama won and the democratiic party took control of congress. Gun enthusiasts think the democrats will try to ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines like they did in California and/or put a 400% tax on ammunition. Obama voted for a huge ammo tax hike for Illionis when he was Senator so people have reason to be weary. But his motivations then were to curve inner city Chicago crime. Not limit sport shooting as a hobby. So basically people panicked and went out to buy everything they could including ammo. It caused a supply shortage to the demand so the price went up at retail.

Personally Obama himself said he respects hunting as a sport and supports the 2nd amendment and that a 2nd amendment revision is no where on his radar "at the moment". I believe him in regards to that. Hes got more important things to worry about than gun laws (healthcare, security, economy). Its Pelosi, Boxer and Fienstein (team Cali) that gun supporters are really worried about. They will try to make a gun limitations bill to act like their combatting crime and doing something good for society.

Heres a fact. California has the strictest gun laws in the nation followed by New York state.
In result California still has the most crime per capita of any state in the nation followed by New York state in second.
???
Gun laws dont keep criminals or criminal organizations from getting guns. It keeps normal citizens from getting guns and having the ability to protect themselves, family and property againts the criminals.

The only guns I can use around here are really fun to shoot but OMG THE AMMO IS EXPENSIVE

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#16 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted February 13, 2010 - 09:29 AM

dude, i know it's not guns but have you tried playing airsoft?

#17 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,455 posts

Posted February 18, 2010 - 06:44 AM

yea, airsoft is fun. So is paintball. but I like paint ball more.
why?

dude, i know it's not guns but have you tried playing airsoft?

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#18 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,455 posts

Posted April 09, 2011 - 01:28 PM

my new baby
Posted Image

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#19 kobedoinwork

kobedoinwork

Rookie

• 750 posts
  • Name:Matthew
  • Fan Since:Born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 11, 2011 - 06:30 PM

This is my gun. It can kill you from 50 feet away.

Posted Image

LUCKY!!!!

#20 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted April 22, 2011 - 05:57 PM

my new baby
Posted Image

dude... seriously? :blink:

I want one of those man! How much was it?

My dad has been into shooting all his life, collecting bullets all his life, he was in the army and then stepped into the police, retired last year, my grandpa was a colonel, I still have his ceremony sword and rifle and the flag that was placed on his coffin. My dad had a vast collection of guns and stuff till my mom told him to sell it cause I was born, she never liked guns, my father sold most of them but kept the most significant ones. I'm into guns too but sure as hell don't know as much as you do :laughing: . I'd like to learn more cause they catch my attention and wanna practice as a sport in a shooting range, went out hunting some times but find it pointless if you dont kill for food. I had my first airsoft gun when I was like 12, kept buyin them and had one that was like a Desert E, I was like really into them, then I started playing sports and forgot bout guns, till like the past year they started growing on me again.
Now that I saw Windu's thread and this one, I was like hell I wanna start shootin again! :laughing: I have to get the permit tho, won't risk my [expletive] buyin an ilegal gun and havin it at home cause I'd be lookin at a serious amount of time in the joint for that.

I can't believe that bullets are sold in supermarkets there tho, I think its [expletive]ed up, leaves the door wide open for psychos and [expletive]

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users