Photo

Dwyane Wade To Heat: No Late-Night Partying

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,616 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted April 18, 2009 - 07:58 PM

Posted Image

Heat captains Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem have forbidden their teammates from going out and partying during their postseason run, according to the Associated Press.

"I think it's the best leadership and the strongest leadership that these guys have shown here in a Heat uniform," Miami coach Erik Spoelstra said. "That's the most powerful. We've talked about it all the time as a staff. Sometimes that can fall on, you know, not deaf ears, but when your veteran guys and your captains say that, I think that's a beautiful thing."

Wade and Haslem are the only rotation players left from Miami's 2006 NBA championship team.

"The veteran guys before us, when we came in to the league like Brian Grant, Eddie Jones, that's what they believed in," said Wade, referring to two former captains. "So this is the core of what we know. This is focus time. This isn't play time. Play time is the summer. You can do what you want in the regular season, too. Not now. We're the leaders, so we're just going from what we know."

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=4079667

#2 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,558 posts

Posted April 18, 2009 - 08:20 PM

i don't know about most people..but partying is probably the last thing i would be thinkin about if i was playin in the playoffs for the first time as a young player

bw1wOGf.png

#3 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,869 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 18, 2009 - 08:34 PM

They learned not to do this from the Lakers and last season's playoff run.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users