Photo

Nate Robinson Gone From Knicks?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,736 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted April 16, 2009 - 12:52 PM

Posted Image

Donnie Walsh does not want to see Mike D'Antoni blamed, saying the 2008-2009 Knicks did not underachieve because the talent level was in the 30-win range. After the Knicks routed the Nets, 102-73, in the meaningless season finale at the Garden last night, D'Antoni finished up his first season in New York at 32-50. "I got a lot of work to do," Walsh said. "Looking at this team, I'm not sure this is a playoff team as constructed. I'm real happy with the coach. I think he's great. Actually, I wasn't sure he'd get to 30 wins. The fact he got to 30 wins, I give him credit."

Donnie Walsh admitted his dual goal of keeping the team competitive while getting under the salary cap for 2010 did not work. The Knicks finished with the East's second-worst record -- just like last season. They will be seeded seventh in the lottery. For two weeks now, D'Antoni has talked about blowing up the roster. The undersized club allowed 108.2 points and an opponents' field-goal percentage of 48.2 -- both second-worst in the league, furthering D'Antoni's no-D reputation.

Whether next season includes Dave Lee or Nate Robinson, both restricted free agents, is up in the air. They may have played their last game as Knicks last night, with Lee securing the league's double-double crown with his 65th of the season (12 points, 12 rebounds) and Robinson adding 12 points and four assists.

The Knicks can match any offer. Walsh has said that either player will be kept only at a certain salary to protect their 2010 cap. Sources say D'Antoni prefers to keep only Lee and look for a free-agent point guard elsewhere -- with Jason Kidd potentially available for the mid-level exception

http://www.nypost.co...rout_164675.htm

#2 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 16, 2009 - 12:54 PM

Jason Kidd will be ring chasing this off-season.

There won't be a Kidd in New York sighting.

#3 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted April 16, 2009 - 01:09 PM

They need to keep Nate and Lee. Sign LeBron in 2010[thats what they think] and Bosh and thats a rape lineup

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#4 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,324 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted April 16, 2009 - 01:11 PM

I want Nate to be a Laker so badly... slim chances it's gonna happen.

#5 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted April 16, 2009 - 01:12 PM

Its stupid if they let all there good players go just for cap in 2010, what do they think a team just with Lebron and scrubs will do damage.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#6 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts
  • Name:Maor
  • Fan Since:4 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted April 16, 2009 - 01:40 PM

MAN GOD PLEASE LET NATE BE A LAKER

My favorite player by far

he has the most heart

NATE = SPUD

jpg2mw.jpg

"Dante Exum will be an NBA All Star by the 2018 NBA Season" - Supermaor23 3/10/14

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users