#1 K0be10-11

K0be10-11

Starter

• 4,489 posts
  • Name:Don't Worry About It
  • Fan Since:Since 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 16, 2009 - 06:38 AM

An NBA source confirmed to the Globe this morning that Garnett was only about 70 percent healed from the knee injury, which occured during a Feb. 19 game in Utah, and that the Celtics All-Star would likely miss the entire postseason.

Garnett worked out his injured right knee this morning, Rivers said, after which the coach made the radio proclamation: “After watching him run, there’s no way. So, we’re going to move without him. And the way I saw him move today guys, I don’t know if he’ll be ready.”

Rivers added that Garnett would continue to get treatment in the hopes that he would be able to return at some point.

“At this point after going through all the rehab and looking so good last week … to where he’s at today if he can’t get through biking and working out without swelling and stiffness … I just don’t know how he can play in the playoffs,” Rivers said.

Doc Rivers announces on WEEI that the team will shut down Kevin Garnett at least for the first round but possibly the entire playoffs.

http://www.redsarmy.com/ and http://twitter.com/N...atus/1533638641

Edited by K0be08-09, April 16, 2009 - 06:54 AM.

Posted Image

#2 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 10,927 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 16, 2009 - 06:43 AM

Thats huge. thats real huge. no KG I bet no series win, even if its the Pistons.

http://www.redsarmy.com/ - Not Real Link But thats where i got it from

#3 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted April 16, 2009 - 06:49 AM

Nah, they'd still make it out of first round. I believe the rest are still relatively strong.

I got mine from: http://twitter.com/N...atus/1533638641

#4 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,113 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted April 16, 2009 - 07:22 AM

ANYTHINGS POSSIBLE!!! :D

veqdeg.jpg

#5 Samson1987

Samson1987

Rookie

• 539 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Bryant-Gasol-Artest-Brown

Posted April 16, 2009 - 08:47 AM

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!.... once
"If you could stop all the players that get publicized and all the players that the NBA likes and all the players, you know, the players that win the MVP's, you know, for their offense. And some of them, you know, play pretty good defense too. But some of them, you know, they like "this guy he can shoot, he can score, he can dunk." and I want to be the one to stop all those guys, you know, and just kinda spoil the whole party." - Ron Artest

#6 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted April 16, 2009 - 09:25 AM

Orlando just became instant favorites to reach the ECF.

Bleeding purple & gold...

#7 Gravedigga562

Gravedigga562

Rookie

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Fan Since:BIRTH - 1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Worthy-Scott-NVE-Kobe

Posted April 16, 2009 - 09:42 AM

KG's knee is worse than what Boston is reporting. Has anybody noticed that Boston hasn't really given alot of info concerning his knee since the injury happened. They said he had an MRI done but nothing really came out of it all they said is that he has a knee injury.

I had this feeling the whole time since he went down that it was worse than it looked. I was watching that UTAH game when it happened and you could tell KG was already favoring the knee from the start. They were saying he was having problems with that knee for awhile leading up to that Utah game.

#8 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted April 16, 2009 - 10:04 AM

after paul pierce my guess is this is all drama
Posted Image

#9 Clutch

Clutch

YESSURRRRR

• 8,221 posts

Posted April 16, 2009 - 10:16 AM

this is what u get for gettin on your knees and barkin like a dog KG
Posted Image

#10 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,869 posts

Posted April 16, 2009 - 10:39 AM

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!.... once

haha good one

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#11 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted April 16, 2009 - 12:07 PM

Too bad for them but i could care less.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#12 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,237 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 16, 2009 - 12:44 PM

Wait the Lakers didn't have their big man (no Bynum as to Garnett) and they didn't have their defensive stopper (no Ariza as to Posey), yet they made the Finals through a much tougher Western Conference last year.

So what's the problem Boston?

The Celtics were going to lose to the magic in the 2nd round anyway - now its all but certain.

#13 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted April 16, 2009 - 01:03 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

k sorry.
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#14 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted April 16, 2009 - 01:17 PM

There goes any chance of them making the Finals.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#15 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted April 16, 2009 - 02:22 PM

That is pretty huge, didn't expect it to be that serious.

#16 lakerball4life

lakerball4life

Off The Bench

• 1,700 posts
  • Fav. Laker:The Machine

Posted April 16, 2009 - 02:27 PM

personally i dont want any excuses from them when they dont win this year and we do. I want them at full health.

personally i dont want any excuses from them when they dont win this year and we do. I want them at full health.
Posted Image

#17 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted April 16, 2009 - 07:57 PM

My heart bleeds for you, Boston.

Not.
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#18 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted April 16, 2009 - 08:44 PM

Wait the Lakers didn't have their big man (no Bynum as to Garnett) and they didn't have their defensive stopper (no Ariza as to Posey), yet they made the Finals through a much tougher Western Conference last year.

So what's the problem Boston?

The Celtics were going to lose to the magic in the 2nd round anyway - now its all but certain.

What the Lakers did last year was incredible, but this is an off balance comparison.

No offense to Bynum, but he's not KG status yet (and let's hope his attitude NEVER becomes KG status), and more than stats and another center, KG is the heart of Boston right now and he's the one that pumps them up and keeps them going. (Sad that they need someone to do that rather than just play well the whole game, but yeah). Bynum doesn't do that for the Lakers, at least not yet.

And comparing Ariza and Posey isn't too balanced either, Posey already had championship experience, and he hits huge clutch shots. He's a whole different type of player than Ariza, since Ariza is a slasher and Posey is more of a 3 point shooter. Posey to the Celtics was much more important than Ariza to the Lakers, which is why I believe them letting Posey go was one of the stupidest things they could have done.

Lately though, Ariza's 3's have been going in.. if he continues that, he might have more of an impact than everyone thinks. He could be a sparkplug scoringwise.

But I agree with the fact that the West was much tougher last year. Bynum or no Bynum, Ariza or no Ariza, what the Lakers did last year was a huge accomplishment just because of the fact that teams in the West last year were really dominant.

Edited by TheCalmInsanity, April 16, 2009 - 08:45 PM.

I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#19 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted April 18, 2009 - 04:21 AM

They don't need KG to beat the Bulls, or the Magic...

Tyrus Thomas/Brad Miller/Joakim Noah... Wow, that's a pathetic frontline, and the Celtics are just fine without KG since last year...

Magic? Pfft... Just close out their shooters, and Dwight is still pretty raw offensively... Not to mention Orlando has their own injury concerns as well...

Beating Lebron and co. is another story though...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users