4/19 Utah Jazz vs. Los Angeles Lakers (Game 1)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
328 replies to this topic

#321 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,728 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 19, 2009 - 02:35 PM

We won by 13 but we have to focus on defensive rebounding for the next games, specially in Utah. We gave up too many 2nd chance points, we got killed by Millsap once again (one of the most famous Laker Killers) and they stayed alive due to their several offensive rebounds. Blowem out in Game 2!

Edited by Nak, April 19, 2009 - 02:36 PM.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#322 Black Mamba

Black Mamba

Off The Bench

• 2,114 posts
  • Fan Since:1998 All-Star Game
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 19, 2009 - 02:44 PM

We won by 13 but we have to focus on defensive rebounding for the next games, specially in Utah. We gave up too many 2nd chance points, we got killed by Millsap once again (one of the most famous Laker Killers) and they stayed alive due to their several offensive rebounds. Blow�em out in Game 2!

I agree. They had 20 offensive rebounds in Game 1 and outrebounded us 46-38. We've got to do better than that.
Andre Iguodala via Twitter - It's not even close...and I'm not talkin bout the score.

#323 Samson1987

Samson1987

Rookie

• 539 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Bryant-Gasol-Artest-Brown

Posted April 19, 2009 - 02:50 PM

Great win for the Lakeshow. The start to a championship begins now.
"If you could stop all the players that get publicized and all the players that the NBA likes and all the players, you know, the players that win the MVP's, you know, for their offense. And some of them, you know, play pretty good defense too. But some of them, you know, they like "this guy he can shoot, he can score, he can dunk." and I want to be the one to stop all those guys, you know, and just kinda spoil the whole party." - Ron Artest

#324 Bizdady

Bizdady

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, Bynum

Posted April 19, 2009 - 03:17 PM

Bynum was in trouble most of the night, I expect him to bounce back better Game 2 and help clean up those boards.
Also, remember this when the TNT guys tell you that Andrew Bynum is "injury prone" -- it's because Kobe Bryant fell on his leg. He's injury prone because someone fell on his leg. Put that in your pipe when one of them says something along the lines of "I just don't know if they can rely on him." Can they rely on Kobe to not fall down and tumble into his leg, again?

#325 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted April 19, 2009 - 04:41 PM

1-0
Keep them coming.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#326 E*O*A*O*

E*O*A*O*

Rookie

• 65 posts
  • Name:Christina
  • Fan Since:99
  • Fav. Laker:Trevor

Posted April 19, 2009 - 05:59 PM

I have a dream of actually watching a game in Staples... Some day.. :(
2009 Los Angeles Lakers 65-17

#327 Domo

Domo

Based

• 998 posts

Posted April 19, 2009 - 06:47 PM

Great win for the Lakeshow. The start to a championship begins now.

:rock:

#328 runoneuno

runoneuno

Rookie

• 786 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Andrew Bynum

Posted April 20, 2009 - 05:37 AM

We won by 13 but we have to focus on defensive rebounding for the next games, specially in Utah. We gave up too many 2nd chance points, we got killed by Millsap once again (one of the most famous Laker Killers) and they stayed alive due to their several offensive rebounds. Blow?em out in Game 2!

Everything was all good yesterday but I hope the win doesn't let them settle for halfass adjustments. Even though Utah is one of the better offensive rebounding teams in the league, we let them have that m.o. way too easy.. Doesn't help that Drew was out but there still needs to be a collective effort at fighting for rebounds. Mehemt's out but is expected to try and make a return Tues. He's the Jazz's second leading scorer and will attract alot of attention for Bynum to come out and try to defend. I don't know what percentage he'll be at as far as production but we still shouldn't take it lightly.

#329 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,309 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 20, 2009 - 06:41 AM

Lakers played a zone D to start the 2nd half because they were up 20. A zone D always gives up rebounds, especially offensive boards but it limits production in the paint and keeps guys like D-Will from getting into the lane to take high percentage jumpers. Its used because even though it gives up some second chance opportunities, it also forces Utah to use lots of clock on each possesion and hopefully more after each rebound. In the second half the Lakers were playing against the game clock, not the Jazz. I'm happy they didnt route them because all that does it motivate an embarrased team when the series goes back to Utah. Dont give them anything that can help them. Route them on the 4th win when theres no coming back....lol.

Note: A zone D in b-ball is like a football team playing Prevent D with only 3 on the lines and 8 deep when there up by 2+ touchdowns. The problem is sometimes a prevent D can prevent you from winning. But it usually justifies its means in the end.

We won by 13 but we have to focus on defensive rebounding for the next games, specially in Utah. We gave up too many 2nd chance points, we got killed by Millsap once again (one of the most famous Laker Killers) and they stayed alive due to their several offensive rebounds. Blow�em out in Game 2!

Edited by LakersGAFan, April 20, 2009 - 06:44 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users