• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,385 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 07, 2013 - 05:29 PM

I watch the show every week, I still enjoy it very much. 

It's pretty funny because my group of friends are like the characters in the show.  People call me Marshall because I act exactly like him  :laughing:

#62 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,254 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 07, 2013 - 05:33 PM

I watch the show every week, I still enjoy it very much.

It's pretty funny because my group of friends are like the characters in the show. People call me Marshall because I act exactly like him :laughing:

....like a girl? Lol he's got a few different personality traits to him.

Tonight should be good. I want to see how Barney reacts to Ted and Robin being st the park together.

#63 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,648 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted March 31, 2014 - 07:19 PM

really enjoyed the series finale actually...more than the last few seasons or so

Posted Image

#64 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,254 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted March 31, 2014 - 09:31 PM

Huh, kind of obvious ending in a way. They sure did swing for the fences though by cramming all that stuff into 45 minutes. I guess I liked the finale because of the flood of new events that was thrown at us, but I also feel kind of cheated. 

All in all, great series. One of my favorite shows I've ever watched beginning to end. 

#65 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted March 31, 2014 - 09:43 PM

Off the top of my head cannot think of a recent series that literally ended with so many correct predictions and theories holding up, literally everything from her name, her passing away, Robin and Barney divorce, to eventually Ted going after Robin again.

I usually prefer these kind of endings, for the sake of breaking away from the mainstream, but part of me just wanted a cheesy ending for everyone and the typical sendoff. I kind of feel the fanbase was put through so many fillers this last season, only to be teased with the mother and still be taken on an emotional rollercoaster. All in all the trip alone was for worth it for this series.

#66 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,385 posts

Posted March 31, 2014 - 11:15 PM

Like many people have said, this was more of an ending for the people that stuck with the series from the opening episode, opposed to the people that quit on the series for awhile when they felt it became stagnant. 

It was the right ending for this show, although I would say the divorce of Robin and Barney was done too fast as the death of the mother, but then again, the show was never about her as it makes note of in the end. 

#67 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,648 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted April 01, 2014 - 06:55 AM

some of the stuff did kind of feel rushed, feel like they spent way too much time on the wedding and they could have developed some of the stuff in the finale over a few of the episodes...

still, enjoyed the finale and this will still go down as one of my favorites shows of all time...what about the pineapple though?

did you guys know they're doing "how i met your dad"

Posted Image

#68 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,485 posts

Posted April 01, 2014 - 07:38 AM

I hated the finale, and I've seen this series twice through (except this season only 1 time).

I guess I'll use a spoiler tag since it looks like you guys aren't revealing anything.

Spoiler

I really would have preferred to not have seen season 9 of this show. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it though. Really wish I did.

#69 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted April 05, 2014 - 11:43 PM

I thought it was interesting though, I think I picked up on this series either the 2nd or 3rd season, right around when Scubs Finale (season 8). I just liked Ted's character really, him and Marshall, I didn't care for the female leads plus I was never a big Barney fan. Season 9 was dragged on too much, plus I think even if they were going end it like that, could've dedicated a much more well rounded setup.

HIMYM was to me, as to what Friends was to people in the late 90's. It'll stick with me, I just definitely can't watch replays anytime soon.

#70 Jordan-esque

Jordan-esque

Rookie

• 370 posts
  • Fan Since:1989

Posted April 09, 2014 - 01:21 PM

The SECRET ending to How I Met Your Mother...

Spoiler

#71 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,553 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted April 10, 2014 - 09:04 AM

I haven't seen a single episode of season 9

I want to thou

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users