• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,461 posts

Posted April 15, 2009 - 12:35 PM

http://sports.espn.g...=PERDiem-090415

I honestly don't understand why he still has his job..don't they read the thousands of comments we leave?

bw1wOGf.png

#2 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted April 15, 2009 - 01:01 PM

I don't see ANYTHING wrong with his assessment. His assessment is fairly spot on.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#3 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted April 15, 2009 - 01:04 PM

Ron Artest at SG?

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#4 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

• 8,461 posts

Posted April 15, 2009 - 01:05 PM

you dont even see how he put jason kidd as a shooting guard? or how rajon rondo is a better defensive pg than cp3?

Edited by Clutch, April 15, 2009 - 01:06 PM.

bw1wOGf.png

#5 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted April 15, 2009 - 01:09 PM

you dont even see how he put jason kidd as a shooting guard? or how rajon rondo is a better defensive pg than cp3?

Jason Kidd has been defending SG's for the most part, and Rondo is a superior defender than CP3.

CP3 gets more steals, but Rondo is the better man coverage guy.

Ron Artest at SG?

Ron Artest is usually defending SG's while Battier defends SF's.

http://sports.yahoo....?gid=2009041310

#6 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

• 8,461 posts

Posted April 15, 2009 - 01:09 PM

you are makin cp3 sound like iverson with the steals comment

chris paul is the best defensive point guard in the nba

and defending sg's doesnt make you a shooting guard...guards on the defensive end switch around for better matchups..it doesnt make you a shooting guard

im not gonna officially gonna call wade a point guard cuz he defends deron williams and chris paul..and then give him the award for best defensive point guard

Edited by Clutch, April 15, 2009 - 01:11 PM.

bw1wOGf.png

#7 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted April 15, 2009 - 01:12 PM

you are makin cp3 sound like iverson with the steals comment

chris paul is the best defensive point guard in the nba

and defending sg's doesnt make you a shooting guard...guards on the defensive end switch around for better matchups..it doesnt make you a shooting guard

Rondo is a superior defender than CP3. Period. His eff fg% allowed is 48.9%. Rondo's is 47%. Enough said.

If our conversation is on defense, and he's making his list based on that, then it's legit. He's talking about the best defenders at a certain position. So essentially you're arguing minutia. Ron Artest has started at SG most of this season anyways, so your argument doesn't stand.

#8 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

• 8,461 posts

Posted April 15, 2009 - 01:16 PM

have you ever taken into consideration that rondo is also on a team that plays 100X better team defense..and allows fewer points? and lower fg%?

and ron artest has started sg cuz t-mac was injured...why doesnt my argument stand..im using your own logic...wade handles the ball A LOT for the heat..but he isn't the point guard

bw1wOGf.png

#9 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted April 15, 2009 - 01:23 PM

have you ever taken into consideration that rondo is also on a team that plays 100X better team defense..and allows fewer points? and lower fg%?

and ron artest has started sg cuz t-mac was injured...why doesnt my argument stand..im using your own logic...wade handles the ball A LOT for the heat..but he isn't the point guard

Have you ever taken into consideration that Paul gambles too much is is too short to defend taller PG's?

Ron Artest has been at SG for MOST OF THE SEASON. Therefore he is a SG. Your logic makes no sense at all. If you play SG, and you guard an SG, what you were before is irrelavent. Wade is not a PG, because he doesn't play at PG. So your argument fails. He plays at SG so he's an SG. Where you play defense is where you play defense. Period.

#10 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

• 8,461 posts

Posted April 15, 2009 - 01:41 PM

LOL...rondo is like one inch taller than cp3..plus he is skinnier...and if paul gamblin too much results in 7 stls..im sure that is good judgment on his part in understandin his ability and his defensive game

ok lets say artest IS a SG and he guards SG's...how on earth is he a better defensive SG than wade and kobe

and back to the article..how on earth is jason kidd even up there ahead of wade and kobe

and why is tim duncan a center? when he plays pf? he cried to be put under PF on the all-star ballot ...now he is one of the best defensive centers?..oh wait here's the fun part...VAREJAO is 2nd team ahead of tim duncan (i cant believe u didnt find anythin wrong with that)

camby better defensive player than kg? clearly he has done nothing but block shots this year for the clippers

i wanna here your justification...you might have a point..but for now it just seems to me this is the kind of material i would have for a stand-up comedy act

Edited by Clutch, April 15, 2009 - 01:43 PM.

bw1wOGf.png

#11 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted April 15, 2009 - 02:03 PM

LOL...rondo is like one inch taller than cp3..plus he is skinnier...and if paul gamblin too much results in 7 stls..im sure that is good judgment on his part in understandin his ability and his defensive game

ok lets say artest IS a SG and he guards SG's...how on earth is he a better defensive SG than wade and kobe

and back to the article..how on earth is jason kidd even up there ahead of wade and kobe

and why is tim duncan a center? when he plays pf? he cried to be put under PF on the all-star ballot ...now he is one of the best defensive centers?..oh wait here's the fun part...VAREJAO is 2nd team ahead of tim duncan (i cant believe u didnt find anythin wrong with that)

camby better defensive player than kg? clearly he has done nothing but block shots this year for the clippers

i wanna here your justification...you might have a point..but for now it just seems to me this is the kind of material i would have for a stand-up comedy act

Rondo has an insane wingspan, which makes him a superior defender. Paul gambling results in a higher opponent eff FG% as well.

Artest is a superior defensive guard than both Wade and Kobe, who again, both GAMBLE TOO MUCH. Kobe is rightfully not in the top 3. Man defense is more important than gamgling and getting steals. Ask Bruce Bowen why he's been a top candidate for DPOY in his prime when he barely got any steals.

Camby is on top of KG due to KG being injured for too much of the season. If KG is healthy, he is easily above Camby. I don't agree with the Varejao assessment. He's not that great a defender, but as I said i FAIRLY agree with it.

Tim Duncan is a center in this because he defends mostly center. He's basing this on what position you defend. So even if Ron Artest was playing SF, which he's not, he'd still be considered under a SG because he defends SG's. You're really just arguing unnecessary minutia.

It's not outstanding to the point where you should be totally shocked. Most of the assessment is fairly good.

Edited by lakerfool, April 15, 2009 - 02:06 PM.

#12 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 15, 2009 - 03:20 PM

Stop using the eFGA argument. That number heavily depends on who your teammates are, especially if you're a guard.

#13 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,755 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 15, 2009 - 03:50 PM

Anderson Varejao All-Defensive Second Team? Hollinger is such a joke.

#14 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted April 15, 2009 - 04:12 PM

Further proof that Hollinger is an idiot and knows nothing about basketball.

When you put Anderson Varejao and Rafer Alston on any all-team defense team, the credibility is gone (not that he had any), while defenders like Earl Watson, Devin Harris, James Posey gets ZERO recognition... Wow, even Trevor Ariza and Nene gets no love...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#15 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted April 15, 2009 - 04:58 PM

Argument destroyed right there :eh:

I hope so bad that Kobe doesn't make a the all defense team this year, and next year he'll use that as motivation to be a beast on defense

#16 ez24

ez24

Back To Back?

• 1,506 posts
  • Fan Since:99-00 Brothers would watch them play and I followed
  • Fav. Laker:Trevor Ariza, Kobe Bryant

Posted April 15, 2009 - 06:27 PM

Anderson Varejao All-Defensive Second Team? Hollinger is such a joke.

thats when i stopped reading
Im still a Trevor Ariza Fan, Thanks For The Championship.

#17 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted April 15, 2009 - 06:43 PM

thats when i stopped reading

Dwight Howard musta been sad since you basically read the whole article.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users