14 replies to this topic

#1 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted April 15, 2009 - 11:40 AM

Tonight's session started around 11:10, and there was a whole throng of us. Probably 30 deep all around his locker. About two minutes into the session, a foul smell wafts through the room. It was bad, but not so bad you couldn't take it. Then it got worse. Much worse. I started looking around seeing if anyone else was noticing it. Nothing. Everyone was focused on Kobe. And Kobe was focused and engaged in the interview.

Then I looked at the people around me to see if anyone had a guilty look on their face. Still nothing. I couldn't believe no one else was smelling this. It was foul. Whoever it was either stepped in something terrible, or ate something terrible, but it was so bad you actually had to worry about whoever it was.

Vic the Brick was standing right next to me and with no one else noticing, or acting like they did it --least of all Kobe who was holding court like nothing weird was going on -- I kinda had to suspect VTB or his poncho. No offense to the man, I actually find him entertaining, but he wears that Laker poncho everywhere.

This went on for a good five minutes. The smell getting worse by the minute. When finally, Kobe jumps in and says, ``What the hell is that smell?''

Thank God! And Oh My God! How in the heck did he do that whole interview with that smell? Talk about mental toughness.

Afterwards, the exonerated VTB said what we were all thinking, ``That just shows the iron will of the Black Mamba. He was a warrior in there.'''

http://www.insidesoc...s-kobe-bry.html

:lol:

Bleeding purple & gold...

#2 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,309 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted April 15, 2009 - 11:48 AM

:lol: wow.

#3 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted April 15, 2009 - 11:50 AM

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#4 K0be10-11

K0be10-11

Starter

• 4,489 posts
  • Name:Don't Worry About It
  • Fan Since:Since 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 15, 2009 - 11:51 AM

Posted Image

#5 Kam

Kam

Basketball Immortality

• 2,455 posts
  • Name:Kam Pashai
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 15, 2009 - 12:07 PM

That's hilarious!

Having spent hours with Vic while he wears that pancho, I can honestly say that it doesn't smell too bad. I'm sure he washes it.

#6 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted April 15, 2009 - 01:06 PM

His toughness is okay. He quit when the going got tough the other year..we also saw him quit during that last suns series during game 7. The mental toughness from this team comes from Fish IMO. Ever since the Jazz lost him, they're definitely not as tough as they were during the season they made WCF.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#7 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,727 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 15, 2009 - 01:36 PM

His toughness is okay. He quit when the going got tough the other year..we also saw him quit during that last suns series during game 7. The mental toughness from this team comes from Fish IMO. Ever since the Jazz lost him, they're definitely not as tough as they were during the season they made WCF.

Kobe didn't quit "the other year" (whenever that was), unless you're talking about the Suns Game 7...which you mentioned as well. If you're talking about 04-05, he was playing his hardest until the end of the season, despite losing Odom.

Kobe not taking shots in the second half of that Suns game was actually a message to guys like you, who think teammates can make every single shot if they get a nice pass, and that's definitely not the case, as you saw.

He was sick, anyways. He just quit taking shots, and was praying someone would help.

#8 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted April 15, 2009 - 03:18 PM

Kobe didn't quit "the other year" (whenever that was), unless you're talking about the Suns Game 7...which you mentioned as well. If you're talking about 04-05, he was playing his hardest until the end of the season, despite losing Odom.

Kobe not taking shots in the second half of that Suns game was actually a message to guys like you, who think teammates can make every single shot if they get a nice pass, and that's definitely not the case, as you saw.

He was sick, anyways. He just quit taking shots, and was praying someone would help.

its a nowhere road
Posted Image

#9 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted April 15, 2009 - 03:19 PM

Lmao. It's the true test of will power.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#10 GEMROC

GEMROC

Independent Queen working for her throne.

• 3,791 posts
  • Name:Cheryle

Posted April 15, 2009 - 03:46 PM

:lol: :lol:

SAN DIEGO STATE AZTECS, boyeee.

Lakers branded | I love life and all its uncertainties. <3 | *TWEET ME:@CheryleLapitan

#11 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted April 15, 2009 - 04:42 PM

:lol: That's an awesome story!

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#12 Rubynator

Rubynator

Best closer in the game

• 2,607 posts
  • Fan Since:5
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic,West,Bynum

Posted April 16, 2009 - 05:10 AM

LOL I was expecting a serious article about him after reading that article about Kobe commuting this one is priceless though
QUOTE "I was just letting the shots fly. You know, I don't leave any bullets in the chamber." - Kobe Bryant

Posted Image

what Chick Hearn was to the "ear" of the fans, I want to be to the "eye" of the fans

-LD2K aka Chris

#13 WZRD

WZRD

The Underachiever

• 1,734 posts
  • Fan Since:mid 90's
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 16, 2009 - 06:17 AM

Great story!

zombie

#14 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted April 16, 2009 - 08:04 AM

Is this the measure of mental toughness? :rolleyes: This blogger can't be serious. I think this blogger was trying to "clear the air" of his own "innocence" in the matter. ;)

Edited by ab4sure, April 16, 2009 - 08:05 AM.

[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#15 Domo

Domo

Based

• 995 posts

Posted April 16, 2009 - 08:15 AM

Haha, nice. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users