German Basketball Coach Says Americans Are Unbeatable

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted August 19, 2008 - 03:50 PM

BEIJING — The reality of this edition of the United States basketball team became public record on Monday night.

The German coach, Dirk Bauermann, handed the gold medal to the Americans (5-0), whose 106-57 victory pushed their average margin to 32.2 points.

“I think they’re unbeatable,” he said. “I don’t even think it’s going to be close. I would be surprised if anyone can even give them a game.”

The Americans play Australia in the quarterfinals of the Olympic basketball tournament on Wednesday.

Bauermann said the growth that the American program had shown since 2004 would probably make any game a one-sided affair.

“This team now, I think it’s difficult to comprehend how much better they are,” Bauermann said. “They’re doing all the intangibles, they’re doing everything that it takes to win. They really don’t have a weakness like they did four years ago.”

Bauermann said the German game plan was so desperate that he did not even have his team attempt to rebound on offense, instead having everybody storm back to try to force a half-court game.

Link

#2 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,412 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 20, 2008 - 12:51 AM

I am sure of one thing. He is not going to have a second chance...

Edited by netlord, August 20, 2008 - 12:51 AM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users