Photo

Opposing Fan Reaction: vs. Rockets 11/19/14

• Please log in to reply
2346 replies to this topic

#61 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,703 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted April 22, 2009 - 12:51 AM

Game 2 In-Game/Post-Game Quotes

There is always next year, right?

How many *beep* times have we seen Millsap or Korver leave somebody because their man has moved toward the basket? Korver leaving Gaysol earlier and now Millsap leaving Kobe alone, with the ball. Great *beep* playing. It speaks volumes about how much they trust their teammates on defense.

Two words: Zero Defense

Two more words: Game Over

Still two more words: Series Over

Well at least theres no need to stay up.

Is Reggie exaggerating the height of everyone on the Lakers' front line by ~2 inches? I'm pretty sure Odom isn't 7'0".

everytime Gasol gets the ball and posts up against our defense might as well give him a 2 automatically. cause we can't stop him

All that work and didn't gain a damn point in the 3rd qt. Deron playing dumb tonight. Shoot the freaking ball. He is trying to set his teammates up too much. Too too many turnovers from him. Get your head out of your [expletive].

#62 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted April 22, 2009 - 12:52 AM

So much trash talk for a franchise that accomplished NOTHING.

About them playing better D...

game 1 - the Lakers shot 55.6%
game 2 - the Lakers shot 60.0%
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#63 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,703 posts

Posted April 22, 2009 - 12:54 AM

The worst part is that it's basically taken Deron's best offensive game, and we still can't beat this team. The turnovers absolutely murdered us, and the fact that we have this knack for spotting teams 10+ point leads early in games.

So close...

It's like a bad dream that happens over and over...

today, we choked

we had our chances...lakers were unstoppable in the first qtr, or we were that bad on defense...if this team played any lick of defense we wouldve beaten them...oh well, lets see what happens in utah

They made their shots; we didn't and we made half a dozen really cheap turnovers.
On a positive note... this time they weren't laughing at us by the third quarter...
This was a good, worthy performance... the team can build on it...

#64 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,703 posts

Posted April 22, 2009 - 12:57 AM

I certainly can't join the "I'm happy just to be in it" camp. The W was staring us in the face, begging us to make a damn stop, get a damn loose ball, or make a damn lay-up. We refused to do it, and looked like a bunch of mindless chumps on our way to a loss.

I take nothing away from this game, except for disgust.

Deron was absolutely amazing this game. Truly outstanding. But there is truth to what bozell says: how many crucial, insane, easily avoidable mistakes is Deron going to make? He's an incredible talent and a very intelligent guy, with generally good instincts, so why is he a one-man turnover machine?

THis game proved that the Lakers are beatable. We almost went Boston on them and won. We should have won. We WILL win the next two games. If we can put together a complete game we will win one in LA.

And Korver is playing like a pansy, being afraid to shoot with 4 on the shot clock then passing it to Brewer was like asking the Lakers to block him. UGh. We should have won. Lakers will NOT win in SLC. ****. Mother ****.

And the refs sucked tonight. PERIOD.

Refs didn't suck. They were all right. Bad calls both ways. What pisses me off about Korver is that he'll take a contested 3 with 20 seconds left on the shot clock and not take an open 15 footer with 4 seconds on the shot clock. This game was ours to take. We got within 6 or less too many times to just let it go like that. This team is so mentally weak, it's sad. And stevebozell, I know Deron made some bad mistakes in the 4th, most of those because he was trying to get other players involved. But he was the only reason we're in the game in the 1st place. He needs to learn how to consistently finish games. He should be more selfish and take over. **** everyone else. Blaming tonight's loss on him is just too much for me tough.

unbelievable

i hate the *beep* fakers

do these fools miss a 3?

the last 2 minutes were just pathetic execution by the jazz. the game was right there for the taking. as good as deron was he made some dumb plays at the end too.

everytime they'd get to within 4,5, 6 id watch and say "watch the fakers hit a 3 now". bam it happens

just an absolute joke of a team

Pathetic team? Our team played hard against the defending Western Conference Champions and the number 1 seed. We took them down to the wire at there house without calls going our way. We are tying this series up at 2. See Yall and the Lakers in Salt Lake City!!!!! Go Jazz!!!

Notice who wasn't in the game during the comeback. *Hint, AK*

Nice effort in the 2nd half of both games. Lakers are just better. A lot more talent than us and I mean a lot. Jazz should take game three and four if Okur is back. We desperately need him to stretch the floor. Brewer still can shoot, damn, if only he could he would be top 20 player in the league. That just kills us that he can't shoot or dribble. Boozer's fadeaway is the worst looking lazy pathetic excuse for a shot I've ever seen. I liked Deron's agressiveness to score in the 4th. He's gets caught up sometimes not knowing whether he wants to pass or shot and it leads to a turnover. He needs to just be agressive always.

WE HAD IT!!! WE FREAKIN HAD IT!

4 straight possessions down 3 and 5 we run the pick and roll through Booz and either he or Deron screwed it up.

I mean goodness, we had it and got close and could not put it away.

Jerry can't make an in-game adjustment to save his freakin life! People say that Ariza and Brown can't do that every game. OH YES THEY CAN IF THEY ARE LEFT WIDE OPEN! They are still NBA players and can hit wide open jump shots.

And if they do, the Lakers ain't going down against anyone, so that makes this a moot point. The Jazz have done a pretty nice job on Kobe, but when Ariza and Brown are filling it up, and Odom is shooting 90% on top of that, it doesn't matter who they're playing.

p.s. after going insane and dropping a 41 point first quarter, the lakers only averaged 26 over the final 3 quarters. I'm sure Jerry didn't make any adjustments, though...

I've never been more sure that Sloan is a major issue for this team. The guy just lacks any creativity. When you're down a critical player, you have to innovate. What do we do? We play Collins like he's a true starter in the 1st and 3rd. When he's not effective, we just put in Boozer and Millsap even when the two of them together don't work defensively against the Laker Bigs. We don't try Koufos. We don't try AK on Gasol. We don't sub in wing guys repeatedly to make sure guys are fresh and close outs get made. We don't call time outs. We just hope lineups work.

Whatever. The team will rise. Memo will come back. We'll get game 3 and go from there.

#65 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,703 posts

Posted April 22, 2009 - 01:00 AM

DWballin may be the best cheerleader I have seen in a while on these boards. And I mean that as a complement.

What a kick in the nuts game. The careless turnovers in crunch time were just *beep* unbelievable. Passes to Fisher, whiffing on a dribble, 24 second violations. Un- *beep*- believable. They fought hard, but it's 0-2.

I hate the *beep* Lakers. Not as much as Jesus does, though.

jesus loves the lakers!!! they couldnt miss a damn shot in the 1st half and they always seem to be winning...

That's because they sold their souls to Satan. That's the only explanation I can think of for how they got Gaysol.

#66 hellachopterz

hellachopterz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name:Andrew
  • Fan Since:Since birth. Born and raised in LA!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 22, 2009 - 01:44 AM

The Houston and Mav fans should be less worried about bashing the Jazz and more worried about the fact that they will eventually have to face the Lakers (especially Houston).
KOBE = air.
(2 down, 14 to go)

#67 Smoove

Smoove

Filipindian

• 5,273 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 22, 2009 - 01:52 AM

Been reading Jazz boards. Many of them think they will win the series in 6

lol

Posted Image

"To whom much is given much is tested."

#68 Samson1987

Samson1987

Rookie

• 539 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Bryant-Gasol-Artest-Brown

Posted April 22, 2009 - 11:08 AM

That's because they sold their souls to Satan. That's the only explanation I can think of for how they got Gaysol.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh man I love it, keep 'em coming.
"If you could stop all the players that get publicized and all the players that the NBA likes and all the players, you know, the players that win the MVP's, you know, for their offense. And some of them, you know, play pretty good defense too. But some of them, you know, they like "this guy he can shoot, he can score, he can dunk." and I want to be the one to stop all those guys, you know, and just kinda spoil the whole party." - Ron Artest

#69 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,319 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted April 22, 2009 - 11:25 AM

Been reading Jazz boards. Many of them think they will win the series in 6

lol

#70 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,709 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 22, 2009 - 11:38 AM

It's funny when they call us fakers for making our 3s....
Posted Image

#71 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,357 posts

Posted April 22, 2009 - 12:06 PM

i hope we win game 3 so they can all be depressed knowing their team is down 3-0 to the defending WC champions
Posted Image

#72 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted April 22, 2009 - 12:15 PM

oh we going clean sweet baby. crush the their fans.

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#73 GEMROC

GEMROC

Independent Queen working for her throne.

• 3,791 posts
  • Name:Cheryle

Posted April 22, 2009 - 02:22 PM

Remember when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

I don't care about anything that's happened. We're going to shock the world and its going to be fun to watch.

Lol, fail.

:lol: :lol: Oh shi...

SAN DIEGO STATE AZTECS, boyeee.

Lakers branded | I love life and all its uncertainties. <3 | *TWEET ME:@CheryleLapitan

#74 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,703 posts

Posted April 22, 2009 - 04:04 PM

Zzaichik17
4/21/2009
12:01 AM (report inappropriate content)

Yeah I know, Cougs.

Just wishful thinking. I agree that Sloan is past his prime and has probably become apathetic in his career. He put all of his mojo into Stockton/Malone and was shut down by Jordan and the Bulls. That has to take a lot out of you.

And to be completely honest, we'd have to play the Lakers in the WCF anyways if we didn't have them in the 1st round. So... take that as you will.

I would like the Jazz, and Sloan, to go out and throw caution to the wind and make it interesting. That, imo, is their best chance of getting anywhere. And to have fun doing it.

And, that's the beauty of basketball! Things could swing in the Jazz's favor! Underdog upsets happen bro!

;p With that being said, JAZZ IN 6!!

I hope Sloan doesn't put us in too bad of shape. I mean, I hope he doesn't do things like let Milsap go and let D.Wil get frustrated and wanting to leave Utah. That would seriously suck. Jazz are right on the brink of a championship team!

CowBoyTat
4/21/2009
7:17 AM (report inappropriate content)

Zz17 & Cougs, As much as it kills me to say it...I think you may be rite about ol' Jerry. Maybe it is time to move on. He's been @ it longer than anyone $ it's probably taken a toll on him. It has been a great ride, though, & I'll always think of him as The toughest & grittiest coach in the league.
If this is possibly his last go-'round, I'm confident that he'll go out on his shield...Hopefully in a later round. I believe in him & my (our) Jazz.
COME ON JAZZ!! STICK IT TO THESE GUYS TONIGHT!!
IN 6 BABY!!!

BigDaddyJAZZFAN
4/21/2009
1:29 PM (report inappropriate content)

I don't think the Jazz can come close in this series, to do so they must change there attitude toward each other and they will need Okur back to even have a shot. Sloan will never win a championship! Best wishes Sloan get some balls Miller family and do the right thing.

Big Rhyno
4/21/2009
6:48 PM (report inappropriate content)

I think the jazz are going to have their best game in LA, since Stockton and Malone. They showed in the second half, of that game on Sunday, that they are learning how to play LA in LA. The best thing for the Jazz was to lose that season ender in LA. That gave them one free game to learn LA without having to take a loss. I think if LA was smart they would have pulled the starters, gave their bench some practice, and don't give the Jazz "your team" in front of a microscope. So they can study how you work against them, what your game plan is, and a little more time to learn. So get ready to see the best game the Jazz have TONIGHT.

#75 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,703 posts

Posted April 22, 2009 - 04:06 PM

Big Rhyno
4/21/2009
7:07 PM (report inappropriate content)

Even if LA gets past the Jazz they'll be too beat up to get past the second round let alone the third. Good luck though Zen Master and the Denver ####.

Big Rhyno
4/21/2009
7:12 PM (report inappropriate content)

Everyone knows why Phil hasthat special chair right... Poor Phil fell down in the locker room one night and couldn't defend himself. Thats what caused Phil and Kobe's origanl fight.

CowBoyTat
4/21/2009
8:35 PM (report inappropriate content)

Here comes the total collapse.

djkairotik
4/21/2009
9:57 PM (report inappropriate content)

what is going on in jerry's head? why does he allow boozer to still sit in this game and take #### poor, airball shots? i am so tired of watching boozer.

billybobobob
4/21/2009
10:25 PM (report inappropriate content)

Good job tonight Jazz. I thought this was a much better game than we've seen in a while. We brought a lot more toughness and stayed with them for a good part of the game. If we would have opened up better we would have had a much better chance. Let's get the next two at home and then steal one in LA.

CowBoyTat
4/21/2009
10:45 PM (report inappropriate content)

I'll bet anything we tie this sucker up by week's end. We held our own in LA 2nite. No shame there!

Zzaichik17
4/21/2009
11:07 PM (report inappropriate content)

Man! Slowly getting better... Tonight we had a few chances to at the very least send it to OT!! D.Wil is such a bad asz!!

Great game, 2-2 by weeks end

Zzaichik17
4/21/2009
11:18 PM (report inappropriate content)

Deron Williams is a monster! If we can get him some help next year, we'll annihilate peeps

UtahSooner
4/22/2009
8:51 AM (report inappropriate content)

"As much as I respect Williams, I have no respect for Harpring. That guy is a bull in a china-shop. No skills at all. Any guy who's whole game depends on the Refs letting you get away with stuff has no business playing"

I'm not sure it you've heard of this person or not . . . maybe you have. His name is Shaquille O'neal. If my memory serves me correctly I believed he had played in L.A. for a minute a few years back. Anyway . . . What do you think his game is based on? His entire game consists of knocking people back and back until he's under the basket and can get a layup. Shaq commits an offensive foul every time he has the ball, but the refs let him get away with it. How many of those 3 championships do you think the Lakers would have gotten if Shaq wasn't allowed to get away with everything? If you say anything above 0 you're an idiot.

#76 Samson1987

Samson1987

Rookie

• 539 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Bryant-Gasol-Artest-Brown

Posted April 22, 2009 - 07:31 PM

Oh god I hope the Lakers sweep the Jazz... the bitter tears will flow like fine wine.
"If you could stop all the players that get publicized and all the players that the NBA likes and all the players, you know, the players that win the MVP's, you know, for their offense. And some of them, you know, play pretty good defense too. But some of them, you know, they like "this guy he can shoot, he can score, he can dunk." and I want to be the one to stop all those guys, you know, and just kinda spoil the whole party." - Ron Artest

#77 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,703 posts

Posted April 23, 2009 - 03:34 PM

Jazz fans talking about poster ideas for game 3:

"Kobe for MVP..
but only if MVP means "rapist""

Kobe! Can we win one? PLEASE!!!!

:lol:

f you rape the Jazz do I get an apology ring too?

The NBA: Where forcible sodomy happens

"Your girly SHARPSHOOTER is better than ours"

:lol:

"Kobe spelled backwards is Rapist"

"Shannon Brown and Trevor Ariza... Go back to the DL where you belong!"

The hell?

"Hey Fisher, Salt Lake City IS 800 miles closer to New York City than LA is!"

"LA may lead 2-0, but at least our Jazz Dancers aren't strung out meth heads"

#78 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted April 23, 2009 - 03:35 PM

OT- Why the hell does booz have a Brazilian for underarm hair?
Kobe's official reign of terror is about to get its jump off on.

#79 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,895 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 23, 2009 - 04:07 PM

The feeble minded always run to insults when pressed for thought.

Utah fans have been, are and will always be moronic.

#80 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,703 posts

Posted April 25, 2009 - 08:45 PM

Well....this is the end.

Most of us knew this moment was coming...but damn, it still stings...

like someone said before, at least we werent swept

i say we lost cuz this game thread was not made soon enough!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)