• Please log in to reply
2305 replies to this topic

#2061 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 18, 2013 - 04:18 PM

it's not that I am from USA , but really .. I saw the votes on cnn , 99% of black people voted for obama, and white people were equal if I am not mistaken , now imagine if 99% of white people voted for Romney, who would be racist.. I don't mean to be racist and believe me I am far from racist , I just think it's stupid to talk about it now .. 

Take this to another thread, but for the record, prior to 2008, 90% of African Americans voted for the democratic candidate.  It's not like it was at 40% then when Obama ran, it went up to 90% +. African Americans side with the democratic party, that's well known.   

Now back on topic  :cool2:

• 40,450 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 10:00 PM

B u m p .

yo.

#2063 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,823 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted April 03, 2013 - 09:15 AM

Lets get some more reactions!

• 40,450 posts

Posted April 05, 2013 - 09:58 PM

I honestly think Hollins recognized how tired Kobe was (dude couldn't even keep his head up for the post game interview), and put Qpon on him to bait him to shoot. If he put TA on him, Kobe would have passed the ball to get better shots.
It's sounds ridiculous I know, but Kobe looked really really tired in the 4th.
Hollins screwed up by having Bayless guard Kobe earlier in the game

You could obviously see Kobe gassed from the closeups, was watching the Laker feed, good thing their announcers weren't dbags. If that was Battier or TA on him, Kobe would have definitely have a harder time. Pondexter did a good job in terms of denying him a lane to the basket but just that.

Austin Daye and Quincy Pondexter played more minutes than Prince and Allen, somebody please explain that to me

A lot of blame will be put on the refs.

Hollins is the main reason we lost this game. Tony Allen played 18 minutes. The best perimeter defender in the league played 18 minutes. Tayshaun played 19. What the **** Hollins was thinking playing Bayless on Kobe I have no idea. He also left Gasol out of the game too long in the 4th.

Screwed by the ******* cheating NBA refs AGAIN!

the only thing foul on that last play was that Pondexter still being in the game

Conspiracy is real

This is were we don't know who to go to. Conley?

I expect another no call foul on a shooter.

7 free throws so far for the night.

Is that Jon Leuer?

Jon Leuer is actually in this game right now

Yay Leuer, yaaaaaaay

Gasol is also crying way too much to the refs and being soft on both ends

The Bayless on Kobe matchup didn't work when it was tried in Memphis. Why did Hollins think it would work now?

Note to grizz: if we can't beat the sorry fakers tonight, we better get our **** together for the playoffs because we are not going to make it very far if not

yo.

#2065 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,104 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 06, 2013 - 10:18 AM

Spurs are the best at scouting.
To say Lakers are terrible is actually taking away from the greatness of the Spurs.
5 titles to 4.

#2066 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted April 09, 2013 - 09:21 PM

upped for input

• 40,450 posts

Posted April 09, 2013 - 10:04 PM

if we lose this game i hope we tank the rest of the season

Expect to see a lot of favorable calls for the Lakers tonight.

People dislike gasol bc he's a little soft but he's a great passer, great in the post, fundamentally strong and has an ok mid range shot. I think on another team Gasol is still a top 5 PF.

holy crap kobes last 4 games he has played 47, 42, 43, 44 minutes.

I0000JTB1OoQPbPc.jpg

I miss those crowds.

It's what happens when a star quits and packs his bags... Those fans stop coming.

Who's ready to watch Kobe play 48 minutes and dominate? Sometimes, I just like watching stars doing crazy things. I feel like this is one of those games.

lopez just raped gasol

We can't buy a whistle. These refs pockets are already line with the Buss inheritance.

Man I'm going to sleep. These refs won't even let us compete. Waste of sleep time watching my team get raw-daw'd by these damm refs.

Why are running our offense through Henry and Lopez? WTF is this.

Gordon saw he had Gasol on him and was like "oh yeah I'm getting past you"

"you don't have to establish a pivot foot in this game anymore" -Joel Meyers

hahahahahahaha true

I can't help but think this game is rigged. I hope we lose, but I can't stand feeling like this.

Gasol is such a clown. He had Vasquez on him, Kobe screaming at him "Go to work! Go to work!" and he passes it out.

lakers should give back every championship they ever won, its all bulli[expletive]

we are some Horney Pelicans tonight!!

Artest is RIPPED. I always recognized his strength, but never realized he was that ripped.

Edited by    , April 09, 2013 - 10:17 PM.

yo.

• 40,450 posts

Posted April 09, 2013 - 10:22 PM

A shame we aren't nearly athletic enough to run the Lakers out the gym. We have to beat the Lakers in half court sets, which plays right into their hands.

guard 24... he's not letting anyone else shoot the rest of the game

edit: as if on cue... 7-0 Kobe run

Meyers just called Gordon Kobe lol

Hack Howard

i really like Joel, he always calls it how he sees it, zero homerism.

The refs are a bunch of [expletive] dick tits. B.S.

yo.

#2069 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,848 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 09, 2013 - 11:18 PM

If the pelicans have fans, hey must have been going nuts on kobe

#2070 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,823 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted April 10, 2013 - 10:48 AM

I wonder what Joel was saying about Kobe. Seems like Pelicans fan like him.

#2071 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 236 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted April 10, 2013 - 11:30 AM

I wonder what jazz fans r sayin...  

Posted Image

#2072 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted April 10, 2013 - 08:42 PM

^

#2073 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,439 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted April 10, 2013 - 09:42 PM

Love what this Blazer fan said

Seriously, they had more hype than Miami did, and they're JUST BARELY avoiding being the most spectacularly terrible failure in sports history. Here's an abridged timeline of the mentality of some of the more fanatical Lakers' faithful:

"OH YEAH! WE ALREADY WON!"
"haha preseason doesn't matter"
"the heat started out slow too!"
"fire mike brown!"
"fire mike d'antoni!"
"surely steve nash will improve our god-awful team defense!"
"OMG GUYS DID YOU SEE THAT BLOCK KOBE HAD ON LEBRON IN THE ALL STAR GAME??? WE'RE BACK BABY"
"Trade gasol!"
"We're not healthy, just wait til pau gets back!"
".500 BABY!!! PLAYOFF UPSET HERE WE COME!"
"OH YEAH PAU IS BACK LET'S DO IT!"
"TRADE GASOL!"
"THEY SCARED NOW, WATCH OUT LEBRON!"
'OH YEAH 8TH SEED BABY!!! SA and OKC are obviously sooooo scared of our big bad 8th seed super consistent team with amazing defense, obviously SA is injuring their own players so they fall out of 1st and don't have to play us!"

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

• 40,450 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 09:52 PM

Utah fans:

Kobe is willing the lakers to a win right now. 9 min left in the 4th and he has 41 points on 51 persent shooting, 4 blocks, 3 steals, 7 boards, and 4 assists and only 1 TO The Jazz might not make the playoffs just because Kobe is freakin insane. No player has played over 40,000 minutes and dominated the way Kobe still can. No one has ever done it before.

Closet Laker.

I hate the lakers and love seeing the Jazz beat them, but i can't deny greatness when i see it. Kobe is one of the greats as much as i hate the lakers and hate losing to them, his performance tonight and this year is a testament to his work ethic, and the way he takes care of his body.

The Lakers just beat a lotto team with 3 of its heavily used starters missing- they suck so bad this year

The Lakers still have to play Houston, Golden State and San Antonio without falling into a tie with the Jazz.

That said, I'd rather pick 14th than 17th with McCollum, Olynyk and possibly Adekotunbo at stake. I don't care to see half our team hug each other and pack up to leave the Jazz after going out 4 - 1 in a series.

Portland fans:

If we knock the Lakers out of the playoffs with this lineup

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

WHY DOES KOBE GET PHANTOM CALLS EVERY SINGLE **** GAME!!!

Jazz fan here.

I know our teams don't like each other very much, but I get the feeling we both hate the Lakers even more.

Go Blazers!!!

It's a sham. The league is trying to get the Lakers into the playoffs.

In the past 10 games, the Lakers are +105 in FT differential while the Jazz are -98.

I hate the **** lakers treatment, who give a **** if they are in a big market? so what if kobe is one of the better players in the league? refs need to knock off all the superstar treatment bull.

sorry for the language, the lakers just get under my skin

Meyers Leonard needs to grow a bigger pair of balls. Or something. Dude seems afraid half the time out there.

At least he's moved up from a human traffic cone

LOL the Lakers announcers keep calling for techs whenever we swing our hand at a (perceived) bad call.

Lakers fan here.

You guys are BLESSED to have a kid like Lillard. That kid is a BEAST

we need a defensive-minded big man. Ship Leonard over to Hakeem or Motumbo or convert him to Islam or SOMETHING. This is a little embarrassing..

Why the %#*% is Steve Blake grabbing offensive rebounds?!!

What a crushing defeat. I hadn't gotten upset about any losses this year for the most part, but this one hurts.

Edited by    , April 10, 2013 - 09:52 PM.

yo.

• 40,450 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 09:52 PM

9 straight losses, this is pathetic. I bet Lakers fans will be happy if we set a franchise record in consecutive losses.

some of you seem to be taking the losing a little to personally

Any loss to the Lakers is a tough loss, but considering the way Portland came out in that first half, to lose like that is pretty deflating. icon_frown.gif

The Rose Garden used to be a den of iniquity for the Lakers, but it appears that's no longer true.

The fact this game was as close as it was says an awful lot about the lakers and their immediate future. Portland has 3 starters out, starts 4 rookies, Kobe has to play 48 minutes and shoot incredibly well just to win. Wow

The Lakers aren't making the playoffs, no way no how. They play a harder schedule than us to finish out and the Jazz play a cakewalk schedule. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'll be the biggest Jazz fan there ever was for the next week or so.

On another note Portlanders need to do a better job at keeping Laker fans out of our arena. It seems like there was more yellow than red and black in the arena tonight.

What's with all the Lakers fans in attendance?

That loss stung...and those chants...Portland has NEVER done that, even when our future was riding on Sebastian Telfair and Travis Outlaw. I hope those bandwagoners get their asses ran out of town.

At least the Lakers aren't going to do jack **** in the playoffs. It's only going to continue to get funnier to watch the ever-changing mentality of the Lakers' faithful this season.

MVP chants for Kobe?

At the Rose Garden?

Say it ain't so, PDX.

I had a nightmare last night that portland reacquired steve blake in the off season. I then had to watch the season opener which involved blake playing like... blake at starting point guard and relegating lillard to an ineffective off the ball shooter. so while I am both disappointed in the blazers losing and shocked that my ex-girlfriend as the good luck babe didn't win us the game, at least steve blake is not a blazer.

yo.

#2076 ColStac

ColStac

Bleed Purple and Gold

• 483 posts
  • Name:Colmon
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted April 11, 2013 - 09:48 AM

Gotta put some more up here!  That was a terrific appetizer, lets get the next course please :)

The game changes, the players turnover, but the Mamba remains a constant!

• 40,450 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 09:54 AM

Well ya' know, one could certainly use the help & more specifically & sadly, the OP whom was our go-to-guy for this cause, has seemed to abandon us for some time, for reasons to this moment still unknown.

yo.

#2078 ColStac

ColStac

Bleed Purple and Gold

• 483 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 10:42 AM

Well ya' know, one could certainly use the help & more specifically & sadly, the OP whom was our go-to-guy for this cause, has seemed to abandon us for some time, for reasons to this moment still unknown.

First, let me say I'm appreciative for the material you've posted.  Didn't mean to sound ungrateful.  Second, I'd noticed that he has been M.I.A. for sometime.  I hope everything is ok, he's certainly missed.  Btw, who's the chick on your profile pic?  Just curious.

• 40,450 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 10:52 AM

First, let me say I'm appreciative for the material you've posted.  Didn't mean to sound ungrateful.  Second, I'd noticed that he has been M.I.A. for sometime.  I hope everything is ok, he's certainly missed.  Btw, who's the chick on your profile pic?  Just curious.

No need to apologize. I didn't intend for me to come off as interpreting you as such. If anything, my apologies.

Secondly, indeed he is missed. He provides a valuable service to all whom frequent this forum and thus his lack of presence is dearly noted.

Lastly, I would wish it could be a lovely Alexandra Breckenridge from "American Horror Story", but it is not, instead it is a mere look-a-like with superior breasts as well as a superior buttocks:

http://lakernation.c...11#entry1325009

You will find the exact name if you proceed to follow the link above posted & search within its contents specifically into its view image info properties.

yo.

#2080 ColStac

ColStac

Bleed Purple and Gold

• 483 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 11:09 AM

No need to apologize. I didn't intend for me to come off as interpreting you as such. If anything, my apologies.

Secondly, indeed he is missed. He provides a valuable service to all whom frequent this forum and thus his lack of presence is dearly noted.

Lastly, I would wish it could be a lovely Alexandra Breckenridge from "American Horror Story", but it is not, instead it is a mere look-a-like with superior breasts as well as a superior buttocks:

http://lakernation.c...11#entry1325009

You will find the exact name if you proceed to follow the link above posted & search within its contents specifically into its view image info properties.

Hahahaha!  Thank you for the timely and efficient response!  I've not heard of this "Alexandra Breckenridge" but I am certainly the better for coming into the knowledge of her existence.  My hat is tipped.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users