Photo

David Stern Weighs In On Cavaliers Dance Routines

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,528 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted April 13, 2009 - 04:17 PM

Posted Image

NBA commissioner David Stern believes that player celebrations have a place in the league.

Stern held his annual pre-playoff teleconference on Monday, and was asked about the actions of the Cavaliers on Sunday.

Cleveland players, in the midst of a blowout win over Boston, were seen dancing on the sidelines during a timeout of a nationally-televised game.

"I think celebrations by our players do have a place," Stern said. "If I were the Celtics, I would make sure that tape, if one exists, runs every game in the locker room as a motivation. I wouldn't spend my time telling our players about that."

http://www.cleveland...in_on_cavs.html

#2 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted April 13, 2009 - 04:19 PM

G statement right there

#3 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,388 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 13, 2009 - 04:20 PM

Dude is backing up Spurs and his LeBron baadly. -.-

#4 hotrobot

hotrobot

Rookie

• 130 posts

Posted April 13, 2009 - 04:22 PM

i think cavs are enjoying themselves a bit too much with their ridiculous routines. lakers will bring them back down to earth.

#5 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,461 posts

Posted April 13, 2009 - 04:49 PM

^don't take it that way..they are probably one of the tightest units right now as a team..which is why they are so strong..everyone trusts each other and wants one another to do good and at the same time really having fun...just like the lakers..which is what a team should look and be like

Edited by Clutch, April 13, 2009 - 04:50 PM.

bw1wOGf.png

#6 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted April 13, 2009 - 05:07 PM

I agree with clutch, it's great that they're so tight and can have fun while beating down teams

#7 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted April 13, 2009 - 05:26 PM

Cosign with clutch and doggy dog

#8 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted April 13, 2009 - 05:27 PM

i think cavs are enjoying themselves a bit too much with their ridiculous routines. lakers will bring them back down to earth.

Well they have the best record in the league. They can do whatever they want.
Basketball Reasons...

#9 CavsFan

CavsFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted April 13, 2009 - 09:52 PM

As a Cavs fan I can tell you that what the team was doing they have been doing since the start of the season. Ray Allan is an A**hole. None of what the Cavs players were doing was directed at the Celtics...On the other hand however, not much was made when Pierce (I believe it was him), spit at our bench a few years ago.....

#10 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,665 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted April 13, 2009 - 10:00 PM

^despite a league-best record, the cavs have not turned into d_uche bags like the celtics, +1 for me.

2div

#11 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted April 14, 2009 - 04:11 AM

I do believe cheering for their teammates when they did something spectacular, or smiling/joking around is normal. But dancing at a blowout?

Oh btw, any post-game formalities between both teams?

I dun even wanna start on the pre-game 'show'.

#12 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted April 14, 2009 - 04:17 AM

Well they have the best record in the league. They can do whatever they want.

^despite a league-best record, the cavs have not turned into d_uche bags like the celtics, +1 for me.

Yes and yes, they're having fun while winning, while the Celts were lifelong losers who became dicks just cuz they finally won something

#13 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,309 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 14, 2009 - 05:20 AM

In Football they have the inzone/taunting penalty for a reason.
While it’s funny and amusing to see teams celebrate amongst each other it’s actually tasteless to celebrate at the expense of another team. When your in the same pro league, the same players union and your being paid to act professional and set forth good examples to many admirers one shouldn’t publicly display such a lack of respect. Have some class Lebron and co.
There is pride in winning but there is dignity in winning and acting like a winner. Bron shows he’s still a vulnerable youngling when he behaves like this.
Wasn’t it only 2 seasons ago he was demanding his entire team be traded because he was crying the Cavs couldn’t win. If the Cavs fall short in their playoff bid this year I expect the same senseless, rash behavior and comments again.

note: just for the record I hate the Celts but c'mon and be real, if the Lakers and KB would have done that to the Suns a few seasons back, Stern would have had a different opinion because the Lakers are considered to be winners by history. Winners don’t behave like what the Cavs portrayed. In the Locker room and at the awards ceromonies its expected. But not courtside during a game. Thats just bad business.

#14 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,317 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted April 14, 2009 - 06:57 AM

I think we'd all like to see the Lakers blow out the Celtics and rub it in like this. The Cavs were just enjoying themselves after blowing out a rival right before the playoffs. Some would call it sending a message.

veqdeg.jpg

#15 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,309 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 14, 2009 - 08:33 AM

I dont agree. The Celts are still the champs and still the favorites to come out of the east and anyone with any sense always gives the Champs their dues.
Theres no message for the Cavs to send. In the end there will only be 1 team left dancing, thats who celebrates.
The Celts are veteran enough to know that. A stupid dance isnt going to change the fact that KG will be starting when or if they play next.

We as Laker fans know that the only thing more threatining than playing a great Celtics team is to play a great Celtics team thats pissed ioff and motivated. The leperchauns have looked tired and confused as of late, but a stunt like this is just what Doc Rivers needs to re-focus the team. Doc is a great coach and hes going to replay the footage of the immature cavs dancing around like girls to his team untill they have nightmares about it.

And when its Celtics winning in the east again, Bron will know what it means to be a leader and how he should have acted as an example to the rest of his team. Quiet and determined.

I think we'd all like to see the Lakers blow out the Celtics and rub it in like this. The Cavs were just enjoying themselves after blowing out a rival right before the playoffs. Some would call it sending a message.

Edited by LakersGAFan, April 14, 2009 - 08:36 AM.

#16 YoungKidd7

YoungKidd7

TLN OG

• 2,211 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 14, 2009 - 09:00 AM

We'll see if they'll be doing that in the Finals!

#17 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 14, 2009 - 02:45 PM

Seriously, Boston cried about having to play on Christmas, they cry about the Cavs beating them down, they whine and complain at every available turn.

Is there any point when the rest of the basketball fans and media wake up and see just what a bunch of immature children the Celtics are?

I love Stern's response to it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users