• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 12, 2009 - 11:54 AM

Actually, you would be wrong. Rosen and Jackson haven't been close for years. Basically, a huge wedge was driven between them, as the Snaq/Kobe years were winding down. Rosen was printing stuff, not meant for public consumption.

So... no. These words are Rosen's... not Phil's.

for real?

i browse other forums as well from time to time and people say he echoes Phil's thoughts

Thanks for clarifying this though.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#22 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted April 12, 2009 - 11:56 AM

I think he's the best basketball analyst out there. He hands out credit and criticism when it's deserved. He's very good at elaborating the little things that go unnoticed in games. (setting screens, boxing out, player movement, touches, energy, etc etc etc) that are important to winning.

And like i said in my OP, he writes what Phil's thinking.

You need to start reading different analyst's articles. Rosen is among the worst.

Bleeding purple & gold...

#23 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,335 posts

Posted April 12, 2009 - 11:56 AM

You guys keep laughing at my arguments that his chucking disrupts team chemistry.

Here we have one of the best sports journalists in America agreeing with everything I say. This is a man who once coached with Phil Jackson. He has experience and great analytical skills.

He doesn't let his bias for a player get involved with his analysis.

oh the irony of it
Posted Image

#24 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 12, 2009 - 11:58 AM

You need to start reading different analyst's articles. Rosen is among the worst.

Well i've read him for the past 3-4 years and I think his analysis has always been spot on. yes he still holds grudges for some players but I can't think of anyone who breaks things down better than him.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#25 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,335 posts

Posted April 12, 2009 - 12:04 PM

Well i've read him for the past 3-4 years and I think his analysis has always been spot on. yes he still holds grudges for some players but I can't think of anyone who breaks things down better than him.

i've always thought that there are no great basketball writers. scoop jackson was legendary until he fell off the map

in terms of in depth analysis i'm not a fan of FOX sports or ESPN basketball because their football analysis is so much better since that is what they invest a majority of their money into that and baseball
Posted Image

#26 JD

JD

Just an Old Relic

• 967 posts
  • Location:Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death…
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Magic

Posted April 12, 2009 - 12:09 PM

for real?

i browse other forums as well from time to time and people say he echoes Phil's thoughts

Thanks for clarifying this though.

It was a very close relationship. They collaborated on books, they used to spend social time together. I don't remember which incident it was, however... but Phil was pretty po'd about some story Rosen printed. He even alluded to it in an interview. Now, they certainly might have kissed and made up by now (though, Phil does like to hold onto grudges)... but, I'm sure the information Rosen receives, isn't what it used to be.

As for echoing his thoughts, after having been so close over the years, I'm sure he has a pretty good idea of how Phil thinks. But, that doesn't mean he's parroting what was told to him. He's probably just making an educated guess.

zombies.jpg

#27 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted April 12, 2009 - 12:38 PM

If you really want to know PJ's thoughts the closest you can get to is read Rosen. Their philosophy in basketball is very similiar. They probably smoked weed together in the 70's also. Just saying...
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#28 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,335 posts

Posted April 12, 2009 - 12:39 PM

If you really want to know PJ's thoughts the closest you can get to is read Rosen. Their philosophy in basketball is very similiar. They probably smoked weed together in the 70's also. Just saying...

no the closest thing is a tex winter interview
Posted Image

#29 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted April 12, 2009 - 04:15 PM

One of the best sports journalists in America... because he agrees with you? That's what is basically boils down to.

And yet, he was oftentimes ridiculed and called-out by his peers, because he wasn't anything more than Phil's butt-plug. He built his career on having access, where others didn't... not because of his "great analytical skills".

He's biased, just as you are.

He's biased towards fundamental team basketball. He's biased against selfish acts of wannabe heroism with players playing out of the offense for their own personal glory.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#30 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted April 12, 2009 - 04:18 PM

Well written.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#31 lili

lili

Off The Bench

• 1,597 posts

Posted April 12, 2009 - 04:27 PM

Charley Rosen wrote this article. He and Phil think alike and they're close friends. So if you wanna know what Phil's thinking, read Rosen's articles

you are wrong with that statement, about 2 years ago charles rosen was on the loose cannons show, steve was pressuring rosen to tell the truth about him and phil. After a while, rosen admitted that he does NOT have a close relationship with phil anymore. that he had to admit that they grew apart.

rosen still 'wants' credibility by making people believe he's still close to phil, but it is not true.

the reason steve wanted rosen to tell the truth, is because mychal and steve knew rosen and phil grew apart, because of rosen negativity and rosen would continue to write articles about kobe and using phil as if he would tell him that. which is not true.

rosen said that the only contact he had with phil in the past years, were a couple of emails just saying 'hi' that's all. they lost all 'personal' contact.

Edited by lili, April 12, 2009 - 04:35 PM.

#32 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted April 12, 2009 - 04:28 PM

No one insults my boy Mark Madsen and lives!

He is dead to me.

DEAD!

DEAD!

DEAD!

Edited by Kwamesaurus Rex, April 12, 2009 - 05:49 PM.

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#33 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,335 posts

Posted April 12, 2009 - 04:45 PM

He's biased towards fundamental team basketball. He's biased against selfish acts of wannabe heroism with players playing out of the offense for their own personal glory.

while you are biased against kobe
Posted Image

#34 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted April 12, 2009 - 04:49 PM

while you are biased against kobe

Yeah, that was a great shot he took against Portland.

TOTALLY fundamental text book basketball. You're right, the shot was awesome.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#35 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,335 posts

Posted April 12, 2009 - 04:51 PM

Yeah, that was a great shot he took against Portland.

TOTALLY fundamental text book basketball. You're right, the shot was awesome.

and i said that where

please pull up the post where i said that

am i the only one sick of his baiting
Posted Image

#36 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted April 12, 2009 - 05:50 PM

^ You're not alone...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users