Jose Canseco Suspects Manny Ramirez Has Done Steroids

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted April 07, 2009 - 10:23 PM

Jose Canseco Says '90 Percent Chance' Manny Ramirez Is on 'The List'

http://mlb.fanhouse....-steroids-list/

Jose Canseco is well past the "naming names" stage of his steroid accusations. However, as ridiculous and irresponsible as Canseco seems with his chatter about this player and that player, he has, for the most part, been correct.

Posted Image

And the latest player that's the target of Canseco's pseudo-slanderous steroid chatter is Manny Ramirez, which is a most shocking revelation (although no more shocking than when Canseco accused Alex Rodriguez).

Canseco spoke to at the Brovard Auditorium on the USC campus recently and the Los Angeles Times' Kurt Streeter caught up with him afterwards, specifically interested about why Canseco stated that Ramirez's "name is most likely, 90 percent" on the list of players who used steroids.

Canseco asked questions as to the status of Ramirez receiving a long-term contract and why owners were so hesitant to sign him as "evidence" as to why Ramirez used steroids, but admitted he had "no way of knowing" whether Ramirez was guilty of using PEDs.

And that, in my mind, makes this allegation seem pretty silly: Ramirez didn't get a long-term deal because there was no chance of receiving the money he wanted over the course of a long-term contract. Additionally, he's 36, so it's not like every team out there should have been scrambling to lock him up in a 12-year uber-deal anyway. Oh, and perhaps Canseco missed it, but the economy collapsed while Ramirez was trying to get paid.

Manny, by the way, laughed off Canseco's allegations when Streeter followed up on the discussion, stating that, ""I got no comment, nothing to say about that. What can I say? I don't even know the guy."
FULL ARTICLE inside link.

That would suck if true and personally, I hope it's not and at this point, nothing does nor would surprise me anymore regarding baseball and any player, BUT also, keep in mind, although Mr. Canseco is disliked by many, he's actually been proven correct each and every time he's made an accusation or has said something so far. The media was wrong both times with him so it's only fair to say he definitely has some credibility based on his clean track record of being right.

#2 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,328 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted April 08, 2009 - 01:10 PM

Still snitching huh, the Henry Hill of baseball.

veqdeg.jpg

#3 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted April 08, 2009 - 03:21 PM

Dodger fans, any thoughts?

#4 Machinehead

Machinehead

BringBackSasha

• 6,671 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:Radmanovic's long hair days.
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha Vujacic

Posted April 08, 2009 - 10:09 PM

I hope it's not true. I've always like Manny and have seen him as an all-natural great player. If it's true, I'd be sad, really sad.
Posted Image

#5 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted April 08, 2009 - 10:46 PM

its not true, all the time that JC knew people did it, it was because he knew the person personally.

he doesnt know manny at all. the reason he didnt get his long term deal was simple.

manny left boston on bad terms, he pretty much said he dogged it. Also hes getting older.

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#6 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,504 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 08, 2009 - 10:51 PM

the father he fades into obscurity, the more it seems like its just a ploy to stay in the news, sell some books, whatever...but i don't know, he hasn't really been wrong yet,

Posted Image

#7 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted April 09, 2009 - 02:01 PM

^ Exactly, it's that last line of yours right there that gives him some actual credibility, but all in all, I think most people HIGHLY doubt it for sure this time around. I mean Manny, c'mon.

#8 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,345 posts

Posted April 09, 2009 - 03:46 PM

I'll say that Jose Conseco is going to end up dead because he is pissing people off by being a snitch. Someone will pay a lot of money to put a hit on this guy.

#9 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,504 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted April 09, 2009 - 06:24 PM

yea, its kinda getting out of hand, its one thing to snitch...but over and over and over again?

Posted Image

#10 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,345 posts

Posted April 10, 2009 - 03:14 PM

yea, its kinda getting out of hand, its one thing to snitch...but over and over and over again?

Snitching is all he has left in his life. It's what makes him sort of relevant in society.

#11 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted May 08, 2009 - 12:27 AM

Bump.

Canseco strikes again! Yet again, correct, never been wrong so far. Got A Rod before, then a whole gang of other names and now manny. Been doubted and slammed hard by the media everytime and yet he's come out on top everytime, lol.

#12 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted May 08, 2009 - 12:29 AM

Whoz next, Pujols?

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#13 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted May 08, 2009 - 12:30 AM

Still snitching huh, the Henry Hill of baseball.

its not true, all the time that JC knew people did it, it was because he knew the person personally.

he doesnt know manny at all. the reason he didnt get his long term deal was simple.

manny left boston on bad terms, he pretty much said he dogged it. Also hes getting older.

:lol:

#14 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,345 posts

Posted May 08, 2009 - 12:50 PM

Bump.

Canseco strikes again! Yet again, correct, never been wrong so far. Got A Rod before, then a whole gang of other names and now manny. Been doubted and slammed hard by the media everytime and yet he's come out on top everytime, lol.

I could care less if he's right or not. My problem with him is that he's a grown man that's snitching. I'm telling you, this guy will be murdered. He has pissed off a lot of people, and its only a matter of time before he is dead.

#15 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted May 08, 2009 - 12:58 PM

Whoz next, Pujols?

I hope not, even though there is suspesion hopefully he is the only remaining great ''clean'' player.

Edited by popo, May 08, 2009 - 12:59 PM.

Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#16 kb24_lakers

kb24_lakers

Katy Perry

• 7,108 posts
  • Name:JUAN
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted May 08, 2009 - 05:35 PM

is he the one that did those gay photoshoot?
[Lakers
Dodgers
RIP Amy Winehouse

#17 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted May 08, 2009 - 06:15 PM

:lol:

whats so funny? was he doing roids? got some proof?

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users