#61 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,245 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 03, 2010 - 03:12 PM

I was willing to let that Celtic/Dodger fan comment slide, but are you serious with your post?

Every Dodger fan right now cheers the team till the end. Even when we had Jason Phillips as our freakin catcher, Dodger fans were always in full force.

Your opinion of the Dodgers is obviously bias since your a Giant fan.

The name the Dodgers comes from the days in Brooklyn when people would DODGE trolleys that went through the city. There's your history lesson for you.

You want to make crappy assumptions about Dodgers fans, well here is some more knowledge for you since your very ignorant about the Dodgers:

Since 2001, the Dodgers have had a better home attendance record then the Giants, except for 01,02, and 03. Every other year, the Dodgers have trumped the Giants in that category.

Even in 2005, when we were absolutely piss poor with a 71-91 record, we still were 2nd in the league in attendance behind the Yankees.

Seems like most of your 'fans' were Barry Bonds fans, since considering the fact that your attendance has gone down since he retired.

So don't try and run your mouth about something you know absolutely about. Know some facts before you want to try and discuss the Dodgers.

#62 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted March 03, 2010 - 03:33 PM

Hopefully we can sneak into the wildcard this season and maybe add a power bat at the trade deadline or something. But we should be in the running for a playoff spot this yr. :rock:
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#63 An Assassins Mentality

An Assassins Mentality

Greatness Personified

• 695 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 and Magic

Posted March 03, 2010 - 04:17 PM

Hopefully we can sneak into the wildcard this season and maybe add a power bat at the trade deadline or something. But we should be in the running for a playoff spot this yr. :rock:

sneak in the wildcard? you kidding me? we are winning this division...

the Dodgers got worse and Manny doesnt give a [expletive] about the team.. hes just there to collect his $20M check, sell a few worthless jerseys since he wont be there next year, sell a few dreadlock wigs and Manny-wood shirts, and enjoy the lovely weather.. they lost their most important pitcher from last season, Randy Wolf, whose presence will SURELY be missed once the season rolls around and once Billingsley has another breakdown (or maybe he just came down to Earth and showed his true talent).. Kershaw is your only decent pitcher.. if you are counting on Padilla to replace what Wolf did then I feel bad for you.. and you traded Mannys insurance policy (and a great one at that) in Juan Pierre.. guy only hit .308, stole 30 bags, and scored 57 runs in limited playing time.. good luck!

basically I am saying we should NOT be worried about the Dodgers..

now the Rockies are going to be our only competition in the West and they did not improve this off-season, actually got worse: lost their most consistent pitcher in Jason Marquis and lost their starting catcher in Torrealba.. their pitching staff was their biggest question mark and they let Marquis go for nothing.. plus now Aaron Cook is suffering some injuries.. they better hope they get 8 guys hitting 20+ HRs again this season (which likely wont happen) if they want to keep up with us because they will have to solely rely on hitting this year.. oh and they lost Garret Atkins who didnt have a great year but still was a good defensive 3B.. too many question marks but we can expect them to be in it since they can flat out hit with the best of them..

all in all it should be a very good season for the G-Men.. one I am thrilled about.. I think we got better offensively (while we are still not the Rockies) we should be able to throw up MLB average numbers offensively which is all we need with the best pitching staff in the game.. one that will only be better with the addition of Bumgarner and with Zito and Sanchez "figuring it out" the way they did the second half of last season... man I cant wait for Lincecum-Oswalt on Opening Day!

Edited by An Assassins Mentality, March 03, 2010 - 04:18 PM.

"He's the best player in the game. It's just that simple. There's nothing that Kobe Bryant can't do. He will defend your best player. He will shoot from the perimeter. He will get all in your mug, he will do whatever it takes. He is the most complete basketball player in the game today, bar none. He has an assassin's mentality." -- Stephen A. Smith

#64 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,378 posts
  • Name:Stephen

Posted March 03, 2010 - 04:41 PM

Giants have the best pitching rotation in the west but their hitting sucks. They are not winning the division. It will be the Dodgers or the Rockies most likely.

Edited by LakersChamps243, March 03, 2010 - 04:42 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#65 An Assassins Mentality

An Assassins Mentality

Greatness Personified

• 695 posts

Posted March 03, 2010 - 06:59 PM

Giants have the best pitching rotation in the west but their hitting sucks. They are not winning the division. It will be the Dodgers or the Rockies most likely.

in the West? try the entire league... and ill guarantee one thing: the Dodgers dont win more than 88 games this season...gonna be a lot of heartbreak in LA if Dodger fans really think they are a lock (as most do) to win the West... cant wait to read the Dodger section on TLN come September.
"He's the best player in the game. It's just that simple. There's nothing that Kobe Bryant can't do. He will defend your best player. He will shoot from the perimeter. He will get all in your mug, he will do whatever it takes. He is the most complete basketball player in the game today, bar none. He has an assassin's mentality." -- Stephen A. Smith

#66 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts

Posted March 03, 2010 - 07:04 PM

Well, the Dodgers didn't get worse in the off-season imo, so they should win the NL West. But I think we'll win the Wild Card or even better, the division.
Posted Image

#67 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted March 03, 2010 - 07:29 PM

in the West? try the entire league... and ill guarantee one thing: the Dodgers dont win more than 88 games this season...gonna be a lot of heartbreak in LA if Dodger fans really think they are a lock (as most do) to win the West... cant wait to read the Dodger section on TLN come September.

Well, the Dodgers didn't get worse in the off-season imo, so they should win the NL West. But I think we'll win the Wild Card or even better, the division.

Well as a Dodger fan, here is my opinion on the current state of the team.

The Dodgers offense is going to be legit. Everyone hopes that Manny returns to form and at this point, its really 50/50 for him. But the good news for the Dodgers is its a contract year so we can only hope he puts up outstanding numbers. Ethier and Kemp will lead the way in the outfield.

Blake, Furcal, Belliard, Loney and Martin will make the Dodgers a solid defensive team again.

Obviously, offense is the least of the team's worries. The worry comes with starting pitching. The Dodgers made no improvements on that end. Kershaw, Kuroda, Padilla, and Billingsley will be our 4 core pitchers.

Kershaw will most likely be the ace of the staff this year. He made big strides last season and there is a reason this kid was our top prospect while in the minors. Kuroda and Padilla will be average pitchers and we can only hope that Bills returns to form and regains his confidence.

Our fifth spot will be nothing special unless McDonald makes Kershaw types strides in spring training and early in the season. Stults and Elbert may make runs at the rotation but unless the Dodgers trade some prospects for another solid pitcher, the team will rely on its offense and in baseball, that isn't good.

Bullpen will be solid again. Eric Gagne has reportedly returned to his mechanics from 3 years ago and is feeling great health wise. It would be a treat to get him back to a solid reliever form. He will never be "Game Over" again in my opinion, but it would be fun to see him show shades of his former self.

This will be a race between the Dodgers and Giants. The D-Backs will be there, but this rivalry will be taken to a whole new level this season. And it will be a lot of fun.

#68 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,378 posts
  • Name:Stephen

Posted March 03, 2010 - 10:55 PM

I won't be heartbroken because the Dodgers didn't do enough in the offseason to beat the Phillies and it sucks to say it but they would probably lose for a 3rd straight year against them if they were to meet again. However, the Dodgers should win the West and I'm confident they will.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#69 jse7en

jse7en

Off The Bench

• 1,541 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:magic, kobe

Posted March 05, 2010 - 04:08 PM

Giants FTW! :clap:
lol. i dont know much about the state of either team (Giants/Dodgers). but i do know that lincecum is a beast and I heard the giants are fairly legit this year. I heard about a few of the offseason moves that the Dodgers completed like Juan Pierre and such so i dont really know how they helped themselves in the offseason. actually i dont really know how the giants helped themselves in the offseason either except for the fact that they resigned lincecum. the giants didnt really have any problem with defense last season in my opinion so hopefully they're adding some offense. as for the dodgers, they had no problem with offense so hopefully they added defense. my roommate is a huge dodger fan and im a huge giants fan so i agree it should definitely be a fun season.

do the giants still have Kung Fu Panda?? i like him too!

#70 Simba

Simba

Too Clutch

• 4,255 posts
  • Name:Jeet
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Westbrook

Posted April 09, 2010 - 06:51 PM

4-0 :yes:

Really exciting game today, nice little comeback.

Posted Image

#71 jse7en

jse7en

Off The Bench

• 1,541 posts

Posted May 05, 2010 - 02:26 PM

another good comeback win for the giants yesterday! :rock: :rock: :rock:

couldnt believe it when romo gave up that 3 run go ahead homer! :nah: then rowan goes and hits that solo homer in the 9th to tie it up and giants take it [back] in the 12th. suh-weet.

giants are legit this year (for real this time). lincecum is a freak of nature and the team was able to pull through and not give him a loss last night. go giants! :omg:

Edited by jse7en, May 05, 2010 - 02:27 PM.

#72 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts

Posted May 05, 2010 - 05:53 PM

Zito has been on target this season, finally living up to that huge contract.
Posted Image

#73 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted May 05, 2010 - 07:52 PM

Zito and Lincecum are combined an incredible 9-0 in 12 starts with an era around 1.60. Cain doesn't have the wins but era is around 2.84, if this 3 keep this up the division is theres.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#74 jse7en

jse7en

Off The Bench

• 1,541 posts

Posted May 20, 2010 - 08:53 PM

looks like lincecum is about to get his first loss of the season :(

our bullpen has really been pissing me off lately. wtf :mad:

#75 Simba

Simba

Too Clutch

• 4,255 posts

Posted July 03, 2010 - 05:05 PM

Jimenez got absolutely owned in the top of the 3rd, it's a rarity to see that kind of hitting from the Giants.

Posted Image

#76 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts

Posted July 03, 2010 - 05:11 PM

seriously....god we need a bat NOW. we got the pitching down perfectly, now its time for the offense to perform up to par.
Posted Image

#77 Simba

Simba

Too Clutch

• 4,255 posts

Posted July 03, 2010 - 05:14 PM

Then again batters have the highest batting average in Coors Field than any other stadium.

Posted Image

#78 An Assassins Mentality

An Assassins Mentality

Greatness Personified

• 695 posts

Posted July 20, 2010 - 10:14 PM

how about those Giants?

here are some nice, interesting numbers:

11: wins for the Giants in their last 13 games

14: game hit streak for the kid, the phenom, Buster Posey.

6: consecutive losses for the Dodgers.. ouch.

3: games back in the division.

#79 jse7en

jse7en

Off The Bench

• 1,541 posts

Posted August 12, 2010 - 02:37 PM

how about those Giants?

here are some nice, interesting numbers:

11: wins for the Giants in their last 13 games

14: game hit streak for the kid, the phenom, Buster Posey.

6: consecutive losses for the Dodgers.. ouch.

3: games back in the division.

hopefully they can get back on the winning track because they're starting to slide out of the wild card race if they keep losing. this weekend is HUGE against the padres. hopefully the Giants bring their A+++ games......

#80 An Assassins Mentality

An Assassins Mentality

Greatness Personified

• 695 posts

Posted October 13, 2010 - 10:36 AM

ahhhh... how about those Giants??? Dont worry Dodger fans, we will do what you guys couldnt do the past couple of years and challenge the Phillies... should be a great series!

sneak in the wildcard? you kidding me? we are winning this division...

the Dodgers got worse and Manny doesnt give a [expletive] about the team.. hes just there to collect his $20M check, sell a few worthless jerseys since he wont be there next year, sell a few dreadlock wigs and Manny-wood shirts, and enjoy the lovely weather.. they lost their most important pitcher from last season, Randy Wolf, whose presence will SURELY be missed once the season rolls around and once Billingsley has another breakdown (or maybe he just came down to Earth and showed his true talent).. Kershaw is your only decent pitcher.. if you are counting on Padilla to replace what Wolf did then I feel bad for you.. and you traded Mannys insurance policy (and a great one at that) in Juan Pierre.. guy only hit .308, stole 30 bags, and scored 57 runs in limited playing time.. good luck!

basically I am saying we should NOT be worried about the Dodgers..

all in all it should be a very good season for the G-Men.. one I am thrilled about.. I think we got better offensively (while we are still not the Rockies) we should be able to throw up MLB average numbers offensively which is all we need with the best pitching staff in the game.. one that will only be better with the addition of Bumgarner and with Zito and Sanchez "figuring it out" the way they did the second half of last season... man I cant wait for Lincecum-Oswalt on Opening Day!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users