8 replies to this topic

#1 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted April 06, 2009 - 09:07 AM

http://www.latimes.c...,4723390.column

With everyone in Staples Center aware the first option was Eric Gordon, who led all scorers with 24 points, Kobe Bryant lined up on the Clippers' hot rookie, and said something to him, grinning.What Bryant said, according to Gordon was, "I'm going to hold you. No way you're getting the ball."

Funny, that was precisely what happened.

With Gordon trying to come to the ball off a screen, Bryant circled his arms around him . . . for a second . . . then arm-wrestled him . . . briefly . . . until the Clippers' Steve Novak was obliged to toss it to Baron Davis, who wound up missing a desperate double-clutch three-pointer.

This was Pure Veteran, with Bryant aware NBA officials are loath to call touch fouls off the ball at the end of games.

Bryant, told what Gordon said, smiled.

"There's no way," said Bryant. "There was no way I was going to let him get the ball."

And the art of holding just enough to tie Gordon up without getting called for a foul?

"He's just not getting the ball, it's as simple as that," said Bryant. "If I'm going to be a lock-down corner, I'm going to be a lock-down corner."

I like it though, it shows he respects Gordon.

By the way for those of you who don't know, Kobe is Gordon's hero, his idol. When asked what he's looking forward to the most in the NBA he replied "playing against Kobe Bryant." The first game that the Clippers played against the Lakers, Gordon didn't get any playing time. The next time around he did, but only when Kobe would sit down. When Kobe would come back in, Gordon would sit down... So these last two games have been great for EJ.

He actually played pretty good D on the best player in the world, don't you think?

Too bad his 3's were off.. He's hit the rookie wall a bit, his 3 pointer has been off EVEN THE WIDE OPEN ONES! No worries though, he's just a rook.

Edited by TheCalmInsanity, April 06, 2009 - 09:09 AM.

I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#2 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted April 06, 2009 - 09:20 AM

i'll admit i was wrong about Eric Gordon i do still think OJ Mayo is the best of the bunch and will be the best of the bunch but the derrick rose and westbrook category is something i believe eric gordon does belong in
Posted Image

#3 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted April 06, 2009 - 09:26 AM

i'll admit i was wrong about Eric Gordon i do still think OJ Mayo is the best of the bunch and will be the best of the bunch but the derrick rose and westbrook category is something i believe eric gordon does belong in

Thanks dude.

It's too bad you saw him after he hit the wall- I know he looked pretty good driving in and everything, but his shot is so off!

We as Clipper fans are usually shocked when he misses a 3, let alone a wide open one. He's been missing alot of open ones lately, but hey. If he lasted this long without a rookie wall, that's a very good thing. I can't wait to see how much he'll grow over the offseason.
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#4 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,213 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 06, 2009 - 09:41 AM

KB is still a defensive force. He is as "clutch" on defense like he's on offense. Remember the game at Boston where Kobe stripped the ball from Pierce who was going for the game winner ? :shh:

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Cavy Music

#5 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,596 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 06, 2009 - 09:42 AM

I'm definitely impressed by Eric Gordon, a LOT better than I had originally thought he would be. But, like last stand mentioned, I believe that Mayo will end up being the best player out of their draft class. But EG is a keeper, for sure. Now all the Clips need to do is somehow get rid of their joke of a coach...

#6 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,153 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 06, 2009 - 10:01 AM

Well...there goes that tactic. The refs are going to be all over that next time.

7511301026_4a46afba50.jpg

Calling it right now:

Andrew Wiggins will be better than LeBron James.

#7 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted April 06, 2009 - 01:00 PM

Well...there goes that tactic. The refs are going to be all over that next time.

Haha.. Kobe's smart enough to find other ways though.

#8 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted April 06, 2009 - 02:00 PM

Ah really? Kobe's his idol? Dope, I like him even more now. EG FTW!

#9 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted April 06, 2009 - 02:25 PM

Ah really? Kobe's his idol? Dope, I like him even more now. EG FTW!

Yeah, and I just read that they're good friends now, they have the same agent. That's really cool :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users