#1 Kam

Kam

Basketball Immortality

• 2,455 posts
  • Name:Kam Pashai
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 06, 2009 - 08:56 AM

TMZ: It's only getting worse for the Los Angeles Clippers ... one of their alleged "stars" was busted for DUI early this morning.

Hours after the Clip Squad went down to the Lakers last night, Clipper power forward Zach Randolph was pulled over by California Highway Patrol officers on the 405 Freeway when they spotted Randolph's white Rolls Royce weaving in and out of his lane at around 2:25 AM.

Cops say when they approached the car, they "noticed an odor of an alcoholic beverage emitting from within the vehicle" and proceeded to perform some field tests on the 6'9," 255 pound 27-year-old. Randolph failed those and was arrested for DUI.

Randolph, who already has a previous DUI bust under his belt, is currently behind bars -- being held without bail.

A spokesman for the Clippers tells us, "We'll reserve comment until we've had an opportunity to review the facts."

http://www.tmz.com/2...-driving-drunk/

And it keeps getting worse for these guys...

#2 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted April 06, 2009 - 09:01 AM

Wow are you serious? That wasn't expected at all...

A loss to the Lakers isn't something that would kill you, they almost have the best record in the league and have defeated pretty much every team except the Magic. It shouldn't make you want to go drink it off or anything...

Let's just get these last few games over with and get our draft pick. I can't even wait to find out which teams have which picks.. Mock drafts are going to be fun :)
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#3 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 15,480 posts

Posted April 06, 2009 - 10:32 AM

Wooo another one.

85146fdf-2f3a-45b0-8e85-9715e75efc22_zps

#4 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb

Posted April 06, 2009 - 10:42 AM

:nah:

#5 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,223 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 06, 2009 - 11:24 AM

TCI - that wasn't expected?

Zach Randolph pulling something like this - come on.

Randolph is a problem child and a lot of it is self-imposed. With guys like him it s a matter of when not if.

#6 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted April 06, 2009 - 11:27 AM

i don't know whats worse zach randolphs stupidity or laziness i mean even big baby lost tons of weight and looks cut while randolph still looks fluffy
Posted Image

#7 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted April 06, 2009 - 02:06 PM

TCI, no offense, but how could that not be expected? I like Mr. Randolph as a player, but as a person, the guy obviously has some character flaws he needs to work on and everyone and their Mami knows this.

#8 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted April 06, 2009 - 06:25 PM

Not expected at this point. There's nothing left to play for, and as much as you guys want to say he's a horrible guy, there are many in the NBA that have done just as bad and even worse. Alot of them on a consistant basis.

Even Kobe Bryant has had a rape incident.

Outside of this and the Amundson incident (which both occured around his fathers death), he's been pretty good this season, he hasn't even picked up a technical.

He's been pretty good this season, I'm not going to pin anything on the guy. You guys are too hard on him IMHO.
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#9 fido

fido

• 10,223 posts

Posted April 06, 2009 - 06:44 PM

If it was a one time thing, it would be no biggie. But Randolph has a history of mucking himself and those around him up.

No room for forgiveness here.

Just another bad attitude on the Clippers.

#10 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted April 06, 2009 - 07:21 PM

Zach Randolph had an attitude problem EVERYWHERE... Him pulling some BS like this is already expected by the likes of him...

He is lazy, an idiot (on and off the court), and one of the most undisciplined players in the league...

Don't even compare him to Kobe Bryant.
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#11 Louizzle

Louizzle

L.A. All Day

• 945 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Derek Fisher

Posted April 06, 2009 - 08:17 PM

Well, Zach has improved over the years, but he still has a lot of negative personality traits that just reflects upon his work ethic.

Made By Vaporize

#12 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted April 06, 2009 - 08:20 PM

Sucks for him. He should've gotten a driver.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#13 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted April 06, 2009 - 10:18 PM

Even Kobe Bryant has had a rape incident.

:nono:

#14 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted April 06, 2009 - 11:09 PM

Who said I'm comparing him?

Laker fans need to stop getting all defensive and butthurt about it and realize. Every team has players that get involved in stuff outside of basketball. Zach Randolph did more than most people in his Portland days, when he was still a kid (he was there since he was 19 years old). He didn't get into much trouble in New York and here with the Clippers he's having a very tough season. But since he's not named Kobe Bryant or Carmelo Anthony or any other player that messes up all the time, you guys give him a hard time.

If you guys get ESPN texts or even half wittedly listen to any kind of NBA news anywhere, you'll realize stuff like this happens all the time. The only thing that seperates this incident from the others is that this is Zach's second time. No matter what he's going through he should have known better than to get his second one.

But sheesh guys, lighten up a bit. Yeah I'm sticking up for a Clipper. But all you guys do is "Oh he was bad before so he is now" and yet when people say anything about Kobe Bryant or anyone else you say "UGH THAT WAS SO LONG AGO that doesn't even matter".

I'm not comparing, only showing you guys how it feels being in a bubble. I know I'm in a Clipper bubble but guess what, you guys are all in your Laker bubbles as well. :P

Well, Zach has improved over the years, but he still has a lot of negative personality traits that just reflects upon his work ethic.

And yes, his work ethic is very very questionable. He, like Lamar, has the potential to be insanely good, much better than he is now, but doesn't commit to it. And yes, I just compared him to Lamar, THAT was a comparison.

Speaking of, Lamar got busted for smoking weed twice, and hasn't exactly been a class act himself. Yet you guys would say "that was the past" and defend him in a heartbeat wouldn't you?

Well so would I. That's what bothers me that you guys are so hard on other players that don't wear purple and yellow.

#15 fido

fido

• 10,223 posts

Posted April 06, 2009 - 11:28 PM

1) Marijuana bust in Portland
2) Attitude problem with fans, other players, coaches and management in Portland
3) Attitude problem with coaches, other players and management in New York
4) DUI in L.A.

Sorry - 4 strikes you're very out.

#16 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted April 07, 2009 - 12:41 AM

Attitude problems aren't strikes.. Almost every player has a temper, Carmelo alone has gotten ejected from 4 Clipper games.

Marijuana and DUI are very legit, but he doesn't smoke that anymore. He was a kid in Portland, he admits he was horrible back then. He's gotten better- I want to say this mess (being on the Clippers, and his father dying) has been a little too much for him to handle.

Even that though does not merit getting a DUI, let alone your 2nd one. It's a bad move but like I said lighten up. Even I have done stupid things in my life.

#17 fido

fido

• 10,223 posts

Posted April 07, 2009 - 01:15 AM

I totally understand about Carmelo, that's why I can't stand the guy.

Agreed that attitude problems are rampant with players. But when they begin to have an effect on players around you and the organization as a whole, as Zach's have, then its a strike.

At some point the NBA and/or a team has to take a hard line against this kind of behavior.

The inmates can't run the asylum or everyone goes crazy.

#18 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted April 07, 2009 - 09:21 AM

I totally understand about Carmelo, that's why I can't stand the guy.

Agreed that attitude problems are rampant with players. But when they begin to have an effect on players around you and the organization as a whole, as Zach's have, then its a strike.

At some point the NBA and/or a team has to take a hard line against this kind of behavior.

The inmates can't run the asylum or everyone goes crazy.

Totally agreed bro.

I didn't say they shouldn't care about this. I'm saying don't knock him as a person for his past- he's been pretty good recently.

I totally agree that they need to cut down on this stuff.. They really shouldn't let players- who are role models to most kids out there- behave this way. There needs to be strict rules and consequences.. a $5,000 bail fine is not even close to enough punishment for a guy who makes $17 million a year :P

He got suspended for 2 games, so that's going to hurt his salary a bit. But honestly the NBA should care a little bit more about the behavior of their players. Players who always get technicals and make a game of basketball a fight rather than a game should receive consequences, as well as those who can't handle not hiring a driver outside of basketball when they're going to go to a bar.

#19 nbafan

nbafan

Rookie

• 43 posts

Posted April 07, 2009 - 12:18 PM

You can take the blazer out of jailblazer but, you can never take out the jail part.

#20 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted April 07, 2009 - 04:36 PM

You can take the blazer out of jailblazer but, you can never take out the jail part.

Got here first.

Once a jailblazer, always a jailblazer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users