#2 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted April 05, 2009 - 10:20 PM

I just wished they would help out my community, lol. I'm always talking about it whenever the commercial comes on. Pretty sure they just have those commercials to let the word spread.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#3 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted April 05, 2009 - 10:22 PM

Am I alone on this? Has anyone else ever thought maybe some of the players, most of the players, or all of the players only do a little bit of work and then leave quickly? Like they just catch them on camera acting like they're working hard, but once the camera's off, they bring in the illegals to do the paint jobs? I think it's quite possible.

#4 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted April 05, 2009 - 10:23 PM

I think you're alone on this, lol. Well, unless someone else posts in here saying otherwise.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#5 Synergy

Synergy

The Only Suns Fan On TLN

• 1,027 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 05, 2009 - 10:28 PM

It's been considered a lot by people, well I have seen it dicsussed about. I think some players don't put that much effort but some do.
Posted Image

#6 We Believe

We Believe

Sixth Man

• 2,805 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Fish.

Posted April 05, 2009 - 10:37 PM

Am I alone on this? Has anyone else ever thought maybe some of the players, most of the players, or all of the players only do a little bit of work and then leave quickly? Like they just catch them on camera acting like they're working hard, but once the camera's off, they bring in the illegals to do the paint jobs? I think it's quite possible.

I was talking about this yesterday with my friend. Well the topic came up when we were talking about the economy and how coaches and players were still making a [expletive] load of money. And then i brought up how players usually have a 7-9 month work with only a third or fourth of those days as actual work days and how the rest of the days they do stuff for the media. And i was like the Nba Cares is totally bs cause ive never seen them around and they probably do it for like2-3 days out of the year cause every commercial has a different player doing basically the same thing. Either reading or building a house. Or the latest one for earth week planting trees and that was only two players.

2010 NBA CHAMPIONS = LOS ANGELES LAKERS

#7 Noise Figure

Noise Figure

Rookie

• 130 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Andrew Bynum

Posted April 06, 2009 - 04:16 AM

To a certain extent but not too much. Can they do a lot more? Obviously.

#8 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,105 posts

Posted April 06, 2009 - 06:42 AM

I'm sure some of them actually do put in the effort they need. Other than that, sometimes when those commercials come up I dooo wonder... lol

#9 lakerball4life

lakerball4life

Off The Bench

• 1,700 posts
  • Fav. Laker:The Machine

Posted April 06, 2009 - 07:06 AM

do they do more then other sports (read: do they want to be seen to do more then other sports)... yes.

Ide like to think they are giving back. Some do.
Posted Image

#10 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted April 06, 2009 - 02:05 PM

Either reading or building a house. Or the latest one for earth week planting trees and that was only two players.

Lmao, tell me about it.

#11 azk81

azk81

Rookie

• 831 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 06, 2009 - 02:57 PM

players dont do much. they might hammer in a nail or plant a tree but thats about it. they get their picture taken and act like they care about the community and the nba puts up commercials for them. the people who really deserve the credit are the ones who volunteer day in and day out without getting materialistic rewards. some players honestly really do care, for example: jordan farmar who visits st judes every week or something. but as for the whole nba cares campaign, its a little bs to boost their business

Edited by azk81, April 06, 2009 - 02:58 PM.

“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”

-Michael Jackson 1958-2009

Gone, Never Forgotten.

#12 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted April 06, 2009 - 03:19 PM

well a lot of players have their own charities and what not..they are helpin one way or another..its not their job to do physical labor..but financially they are capable of doin a lot of things

Edited by Clutch, April 06, 2009 - 03:20 PM.

bw1wOGf.png

#13 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted April 06, 2009 - 03:24 PM

The illegal immigrants deserve some of the spotlight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users