Photo

Why can't they beat the Cavs in Cleveland?!

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 ogarte24

ogarte24

Rookie

• 113 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 05, 2009 - 01:49 PM

Waaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Please anyone hand them their second loss at home..

My goodness!

That LeBron kid and his crew are proving to be credible threats to our dream match up with Boston in Finals.

37-1?!?

I can't stand the Celtics losing to this bunch..

I'd love to pit Kobe and LeBron in a championship series to finally determine which player is the most valuable and the best in this era.

But I want that only to happen after we have achieved vindication over the Boston Celtics.

2-9 in Finals series all-time, uh, my blood begins to boil..

I simply can't stand Boston!

#2 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 05, 2009 - 01:51 PM

Don't worry. Boston will be losing in the first round to Wade and the Heat, or the Pistons. That'll be good enough.

#3 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted April 05, 2009 - 01:52 PM

Give them HCA, we already beat them there and can do it again.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#4 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 18,157 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 05, 2009 - 02:14 PM

We need Magic or Boston to beat em in ECF.

#5 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted April 05, 2009 - 09:14 PM

They're too good at home.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#6 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted April 05, 2009 - 09:18 PM

The King's scrubs are scrubs. So they play best at home. When LeBron's scrubs play decently, LeBron is so damn good that we see that amazing home court record.

When LeBron's scrubs go on the road, like all scrubs, they can be inconsistent at times.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#7 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted April 05, 2009 - 09:19 PM

It would be great to see the Lakers sweep the Cavs at home in the Finals and have the Lakers be the only team that beat them in Cleveland. I think they will fall to Boston though next Sunday.

#8 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P

Posted April 05, 2009 - 09:48 PM

Don't worry. Boston will be losing in the first round to Wade and the Heat, or the Pistons. That'll be good enough.

Wanna bet on it then

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#9 Synergy

Synergy

The Only Suns Fan On TLN

• 1,027 posts

Posted April 05, 2009 - 10:52 PM

If the Lakers play the Cavs in the Finals then they will definitely struggle but the Lakers would pull through and proably give the Cavs a few road losses for the season.
Posted Image

#10 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb

Posted April 06, 2009 - 12:14 AM

The King's scrubs are scrubs. So they play best at home. When LeBron's scrubs play decently, LeBron is so damn good that we see that amazing home court record.

When LeBron's scrubs go on the road, like all scrubs, they can be inconsistent at times.

First of all LeBronze's teamates could tie the NBA record for best home record in NBA history. Calling them "scrubs" is simply comical.

Secondly, Cavs have been beat by one team - the Lakers. Should say something about the MVP race, eh? Cavs have been hella impressive at home. Nearly invincible... problem is, they'll drop a home game in the playoffs and the panic will set in

#11 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts

Posted April 06, 2009 - 12:46 AM

For such an Iverson basher, you sure do forget about Iverson's "scrubs" that helped him win that MVP award in 2001, huh?

And those "scrubs" that helped him get to the Finals.

And the "scrubs" that burned with him after five games of the Lakers.

LeBron's "scrubs" know how to play excellent team defense, and those "scrubs" are also the second-best three-point shooting team in the NBA.

Is it because of LeBron? You'll say yes. I'll say no.

Wally has a better career percentage from beyond the arc than he does this season. Delonte has shot nearly 39% before, just as he's doing now. Pavlovic shot 40-41% two years ago. Mo Williams shot a career-high from the field in Milwaukee, at 48%. Minus Pavlovic, all of those were pre-LeBron.

Ferry put together a championship team that could shoot the lights out, led by a superstar player. Sounds like the 2001 Sixers, minus the three-pointers.

#12 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted April 06, 2009 - 01:34 AM

G.O.A.T
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#13 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,350 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted April 06, 2009 - 03:01 AM

The are streaking... When they play at home they feel much more powerful and invincible. And the other team knows of the record. They are afraid of the record, they know they're going to lose. They make some stupid mistakes the Cavs open a lead and the other team just gives up and says "we're done, we can't beat them at their home". The Lakers were the only team that didn't give a [bleep] about the record. The Lakers stunned the Cavs by playing solid and smart basketball. I really thought that the Cavs were going to lose some games after we beat them in Cleveland but alas...

The playoffs are another story. I really think that Orlando can beat them in a 7-game series. And the Magic are a much tougher matchup for us with Dwight in the middle and all those 3 point shooters IMO...

#14 Noise Figure

Noise Figure

Rookie

• 130 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Andrew Bynum

Posted April 06, 2009 - 04:15 AM

Too bad they won't play the Magic again.

#15 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts

Posted April 06, 2009 - 06:33 AM

Wanna bet on it then

Nope.

:lol:

#16 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted April 06, 2009 - 08:55 AM

man im soo sad t.young went down

i wanna see phili pull a major upset....and hawks (unless they face heat..then i hope they get swept)

orlando and cleveland SHOULD be the ones comin out of the east..realistically speakin

bw1wOGf.png

#17 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted April 06, 2009 - 10:47 AM

For such an Iverson basher, you sure do forget about Iverson's "scrubs" that helped him win that MVP award in 2001, huh?

And those "scrubs" that helped him get to the Finals.

And the "scrubs" that burned with him after five games of the Lakers.

LeBron's "scrubs" know how to play excellent team defense, and those "scrubs" are also the second-best three-point shooting team in the NBA.

Is it because of LeBron? You'll say yes. I'll say no.

Wally has a better career percentage from beyond the arc than he does this season. Delonte has shot nearly 39% before, just as he's doing now. Pavlovic shot 40-41% two years ago. Mo Williams shot a career-high from the field in Milwaukee, at 48%. Minus Pavlovic, all of those were pre-LeBron.

Ferry put together a championship team that could shoot the lights out, led by a superstar player. Sounds like the 2001 Sixers, minus the three-pointers.

Iverson had DPOY Dikembe Mutomobo leading the way on the defensive end. Mutombo is FARRRR from a scrub.

The scrubs are lead by LeBron. LeBron creates all of their open shots. This team is LeBron and scrubs, and you know it.

Mo is a career 38% 3pt shooter, and suddenly shoots at nearly 44%. Hmm, I wonder why. Maybe it has to do with LeBron's willingness to let his teammates continue to shoot, even when they have bad nights. Trust in teammates, even though they may not be the best. LeBron easily is the player everybody in the NBA wants to play with. No question, LeBron is the MVP.

First of all LeBronze's teamates could tie the NBA record for best home record in NBA history. Calling them "scrubs" is simply comical.

Secondly, Cavs have been beat by one team - the Lakers. Should say something about the MVP race, eh? Cavs have been hella impressive at home. Nearly invincible... problem is, they'll drop a home game in the playoffs and the panic will set in

It should say that Kobe has future HOFer Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom as his teammates as opposed to a washed out Zydrunas, and Mo Williams.

You have to look at what he's doing. He's doing equal to Kobe but with a lot less.

Edited by lakerfool, April 06, 2009 - 10:50 AM.

#18 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb

Posted April 06, 2009 - 10:51 AM

Iverson had DPOY Dikembe Mutomobo leading the way on the defensive end. Mutombo is FARRRR from a scrub.

The scrubs are lead by LeBron. LeBron creates all of their open shots. This team is LeBron and scrubs, and you know it.

Mo is a career 38% 3pt shooter, and suddenly shoots at nearly 44%. Hmm, I wonder why. Maybe it has to do with LeBron's willingness to let his teammates continue to shoot, even when they have bad nights. Trust in teammates, even though they may not be the best. LeBron easily is the player everybody in the NBA wants to play with. No question, LeBron is the MVP.

It should say that Kobe has future HOFer Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom as his teammates as opposed to a washed out Zydrunas, and Mo Williams.

You have to look at what he's doing. He's doing equal to Kobe but with a lot less.

He is the EAST.
He also has a poor record against the elite teams. But that's because he has a washed out Z & Mo? Please.

#19 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted April 06, 2009 - 11:02 AM

He is the EAST.
He also has a poor record against the elite teams. But that's because he has a washed out Z & Mo? Please.

Doesn't matter. His teammates are not as good as Kobe's teammates.

Pau Gasol is a 20/10/4 assist type of player. Odom is averaging 14 pts, 11 reb, 3 assists, 2 blk, 1 stl as a starter. These are huge impact players playing next to Kobe. Stop giving Kobe all the credit. Especially with the crappy March he had where Gasol picked up all the slack.

Give LeBron Pau Gasol instead of Zydrunas as his second option, and we'll see how LeBron does. Until then, there's no comparison. Kobe has elite teammates.

#20 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,329 posts

Posted April 06, 2009 - 11:04 AM

okay so then answer my question

why does lebron only average 7.4 apg if he to quote you "creates everything for them"

you still haven't answered that as opposed to deron williams and chris paul who in similar roles average double digits

and don't give me hes a foward and they are PGs because you yourself said hes the floor general and essential PG of this team saying "mo williams is a SG in a PG body"

Doesn't matter. His teammates are not as good as Kobe's teammates.

Pau Gasol is a 20/10/4 assist type of player. Odom is averaging 14 pts, 11 reb, 3 assists, 2 blk, 1 stl as a starter. These are huge impact players playing next to Kobe. Stop giving Kobe all the credit. Especially with the crappy March he had where Gasol picked up all the slack.

Give LeBron Pau Gasol instead of Zydrunas as his second option, and we'll see how LeBron does. Until then, there's no comparison. Kobe has elite teammates.

ok i agree so then since kobe has elite teammates who create for themselves in your words and lebron has scrubs who need him to do everything for him

why is it that kobe the ball hog averages merely 2 less assists per game
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users