Image is everything with Andrew Bynum 'coverage'

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted April 04, 2009 - 10:17 PM

Talk about images that will live forever, like Jerry West hitting that half-court shot, and Magic Johnson's junior, junior skyhook, and now . . .

H-e-r-e's Andrew, partying at the Playboy mansion, with Playmate Nicole Narain on his shoulders!

The team's on the road, getting its itinerary rearranged -- OK, that's Games 1, 2, 6 and 7 in Cleveland -- with Lakerdom waiting breathlessly for updates on Andrew Bynum . . . and he's running around with a Playboy centerfold on his back?

Even if it may have just been some new kind of therapy, it wasn't the kind of update they had in mind.

In Lakerdom, we call this a Full Kwame, for Kwame Brown, who attained immortality during his brief stay by hitting a fan with his own birthday cake.

Of course, no NBA title has ever depended on Brown. Bynum is a franchise player in training, or, at least, that's one of the things he's training for.

Link

#2 Rene

Rene

Reborn

• 418 posts
  • Name:Rene

Posted April 04, 2009 - 10:36 PM

Interesting read, I can't believe so many people are blasting Andrew for being at the PB mansion. If Andrew was 25+ or an experienced veteran, I'd see some life in an argument that he should be on the sideline, but firstly, what's Andrew going to do while sitting on the bench? Cheer? That's good spirit, but it's not helping Andrew's cause, being with the team is not going to make him heal faster, more over, Andrew Bynum spends most of his time (I would think) working out and rehabbing that knee. It's not like he goes partying EVERY Lakers' game.

#3 azk81

azk81

Rookie

• 831 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 05, 2009 - 12:08 AM

i somewhat agree with above. but hes getting a little to full of himself when he decides to throw money around during a party and then show up at the playboy mansion and give playmates piggy back rides.
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”

-Michael Jackson 1958-2009

Gone, Never Forgotten.

#4 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted April 05, 2009 - 12:10 AM

i somewhat agree with above. but hes getting a little to full of himself when he decides to throw money around during a party and then show up at the playboy mansion and give playmates piggy back rides.

uh...if u were at the playboy party, u would be doing the same... :shifty:
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#5 Samson1987

Samson1987

Rookie

• 539 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Bryant-Gasol-Artest-Brown

Posted April 05, 2009 - 12:39 AM

Wow. This whole playboy mansion thing is getting waaay overblown. Seriously, let it go.
"If you could stop all the players that get publicized and all the players that the NBA likes and all the players, you know, the players that win the MVP's, you know, for their offense. And some of them, you know, play pretty good defense too. But some of them, you know, they like "this guy he can shoot, he can score, he can dunk." and I want to be the one to stop all those guys, you know, and just kinda spoil the whole party." - Ron Artest

#6 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted April 05, 2009 - 12:42 AM

Wtf is so wrong with having fun with beautiful women? Geez.

Would some of y'all be happier if Andrew tasted the rainbow?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users