Guest_Chicano_*

Posted April 05, 2009 - 01:45 AM

^ Foil.

#22 lili

lili

Off The Bench

• 1,597 posts

Posted April 05, 2009 - 08:00 AM

He talked about how the league gets Lebron on TV every chance it gets.

It's funny. Remember how the Lakers used to always win the "fan night" voting on NBATV? By eliminating them from fan night eligibility, it reduced Kobe's national exposure, a bit, and upped LBJ's.

Anyway, Phillip is basically letting it be known that the MVP is a media creation. Don't sweat it, Kobe. Let LBJ have it, and let's move on toward a championship.

about how lebron gets more national tv time at the end of the season, that's true. did you guys know that the lakers last game on abc was a few weeks back and that's it for the lakers on abc?

but the cavs have games on abc since last week, all through the end of the regular season. perhaps because that's the image the national media will have. remember last year kobe and the lakers played on abc all the way to the end of the regular season. not anymore.

strange? i'll say....since even though the nba wants to make it seem like lebron and the cavs give them the most ratings, it is in fact the lakers that give them the highest ratings. david stern and the league are willing to lose ratings in order to promote their star.

#23 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted April 05, 2009 - 01:56 PM

strange? i'll say....since even though the nba wants to make it seem like lebron and the cavs give them the most ratings, it is in fact the lakers that give them the highest ratings. david stern and the league are willing to lose ratings in order to promote their star.

Great point, great post.

#24 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted April 05, 2009 - 06:46 PM

But, but... lakerfool said Lebron is a basketball god... :( :( :(

PHIL IS SENILE!!!!!!!!!!!!111111oneoneone(1+1/3)*37-2rofllolwtfhax
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#25 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,571 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted April 05, 2009 - 06:58 PM

^ thats why his name is LakerFOOL

#26 Rene

Rene

Reborn

• 418 posts
  • Name:Rene

Posted April 06, 2009 - 06:11 PM

LeBron James is definitely deserving of the award. As a matter of fact, he deserves it more than Kobe. My criteria? It came down to two things; LeBron James will definitely get the better numbers, but the Lakers could mount an outstanding record this season, that would definitely give Kobe heavy consideration for the award. Well, take into consideration that LeBron James does not have the luxury of a world-class teammate like Pau Gasol, Mo Williams is nice, but he is not near the caliber of Gasol. You could make some arguments that Lamar Odom is better than Mo, when you base it off of raw talent.

To the point; LeBron has done a lot more with less, and the Cavs have the NBA's best record, if you don't think LeBron is deserving of the MVP then I don't know what to say, because what Kobe's done this year compared to LeBron, he (Kobe) does not deserve it.

Now don't confuse the MVP with the best player in the NBA. Kobe is still the best player on the planet, but the strides that LeBron made this season are unmatched. Kobe Bryant and the Lakers should have had a better record than the Cavaliers, they didn't, LeBron had a better season, was a better teammate, and in turn, is this year's Most Valuable Player. With that said — I do believe there is much more favoritism to LeBron than to Kobe, but LeBron is definitely more deserving this year, what he has accomplished this season is phenomenal. If you told me, before the season began, that the Cavs would mount a better record than the Lakers I'd laugh.

Edited by Rene, April 06, 2009 - 06:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users