• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Helljumper

Helljumper

76ers GM

• 2,461 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 02, 2009 - 03:48 PM

Gates has been hurt for two seasons now. He isn't the same player he was back in 2006. LT isn't going to get better. Rivers, yeah, I think he will shine this season.

Even if not, the offense is fine even with those guys hurt. Biggest thing will be the defense. Merriman's back and Cromartie was also playing all of last year injured. If he can play anywhere near the level he did his rookie year, that would be huge.

Don't get me wrong though, the Raiders are improving and I think they'll easily take second place, I just don't see them winning the division.

On topic though, Cutler's great and all but I think the Bears gave up a lot.
Posted Image

#22 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted April 02, 2009 - 04:27 PM

Bears also signed Pace, he missed 25 games last 3 seasons but when healthy is productive. They need to sign a WR, maybe Bobby Engram.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#23 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 02, 2009 - 04:31 PM

this whole mess in denver has me feeling all happy and cozy

true story
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#24 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts

Posted April 02, 2009 - 04:51 PM

The division now belongs to SD.

:yes:

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#25 Smoove

Smoove

Filipindian

• 5,269 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted April 02, 2009 - 04:52 PM

Finally Chicago might actually have a franchise QB

Posted Image

"To whom much is given much is tested."

#26 Marilove

Marilove

Rookie

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted April 02, 2009 - 05:26 PM

As a Bears fan, this is great to here. I feel sort of like I did when the Dodgers got Manny. Who knows if he will mesh with the team, but at least we finally have an offensive star to watch, and at least they are trying.

Great trade too. I think the GMs in the NFL generally overvalue draft picks out of hubris. Two number ones is a lot. But you're still lucky if one of them winds up being a pro-bowler for you. A small price to pay for a guy who already is a probowler at 25. At QB, it's a downright steal.

#27 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted April 02, 2009 - 05:30 PM

They need to sign a WR, maybe Bobby Engram.

I think they should go after Torry Holt or Marvin Harrison.

Bleeding purple & gold...

#28 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted April 03, 2009 - 11:41 AM

why do i get the feeling this wont work out

maybe its the fact Franchise QB and Chicago Bears don't belong in the same sentence

something will go wrong
Posted Image

#29 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted April 03, 2009 - 11:57 AM

why do i get the feeling this wont work out

maybe its the fact Franchise QB and Chicago Bears don't belong in the same sentence

something will go wrong

Nah, it's just they have no recievers..they might as well be throwing to me.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#30 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted April 03, 2009 - 01:00 PM

Nah, it's just they have no recievers..they might as well be throwing to me.

mcnabb took the eagles to 4 NFC championship games with all stars such as Todd Pinkston, James Thrash, Freddie Mitchell, Greg Lewis and the list goes on

the truth is Chicago has never had a Franchise QB and that might not have change i mean they talk about Cassell being a 1 year wonder and are confused as to why the broncos wanted him over jay cutler

well the truth of the matter is that cutler has only really had 1 good year with similar offensive talent to cassell

so whats the difference IMO cutler could be as much a 1 year wonder as cassell
Posted Image

#31 KB24

KB24

Off The Bench

• 2,573 posts
  • Name:Cameron
  • Fan Since:It's in my blood
  • Fav. Laker:Magic and Kobe

Posted April 03, 2009 - 09:24 PM

Death of the Broncos.

Bears become amazing.

The Bears have one of the worst O-lines in the NFL. Kyle had no-one to throw it to. Cutler got sacked what under 5 times last season? Kyle will have a top 3 or 5 O-line in the game have receivers like Brandon Marshall (might get suspended), Eddie Royal, Tony Scheffler (he'll probably get traded), Jabar Gaffney, and Brandon Stokley (Peyton Manning said he was one of the best slot receivers in the game). The Bronco's D gave up 28 points a game it's hard to win games like that not even the best QB in the game could win more then 11 games with a D that terrible. Now I'm not sold on Kyle and I'm trying to stay optimistic about Denver's season next season, but if Kyle doesn't do good this season the Bronco's will draft a QB with the Bear's pick next season. Hopefully they will use these first round picks on D and not try to draft up and get Mark Sanchez. Some people think they will take a RB like Knowshon Moreno (spell check on his name?) over Beanie Wells. Wells is faster, but Moreno can catch the ball. Kyle doesn't have to have a cannon of an arm like Cutler does. It actually benefits the Bronco's because Cutler was so confident in his arm he would go to Brandon Marshall over and over again. He even threw it in double coverage. Less INT's and if McDaniels uses the same offense he did in Boston we may see Brandon Marshall lining up next to Stokley and Eddie Royal on the other side next to Tony Scheffler. Kyle is not a very mobile QB either so who knows. McDaniels has certainly torn Bronco's fans though. Some blamed Cutler some blamed and then the others blamed McDaniels & Bowlen. This season is going to be an interesting one for sure.
1985 Lakers Championship ring. LA 4 BOS 2.
http://i41.tinypic.com/5v7qdj.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users