26 replies to this topic

#1 Daddy4MVP

Daddy4MVP

Rookie

• 353 posts
  • Fan Since:Always
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza 4 MVP

Posted August 17, 2008 - 09:42 PM

USA Basketball is sooooo boring, its like we all know the USA is going to win, that it just isnt fun

The One team i Hoped would give USA a run for its money, totally failed like 2 days ago.

Where is all of the fun, the excitement, and standing on Pins to see a buzzer beater or wondering how a game will end.

This is why watching the Lakers is so much fun, even though i have faith in them i never know if they are going to win. Im always on my toes in the 3rd quarter, and its actually fun watching.
Posted Image

#2 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,802 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 17, 2008 - 09:48 PM

USA Basketball is sooooo boring, its like we all know the USA is going to win, that it just isnt fun

The One team i Hoped would give USA a run for its money, totally failed like 2 days ago.

Where is all of the fun, the excitement, and standing on Pins to see a buzzer beater or wondering how a game will end.

This is why watching the Lakers is so much fun, even though i have faith in them i never know if they are going to win. Im always on my toes in the 3rd quarter, and its actually fun watching.

I disagree

Although the competition in the international game is decidedly weak in comparison to the USA, it's still enjoyable to see the players that have made names for themselves around the globe that aren't in the NBA. You see kids like Ricky Rubio, Chen Jianghua and Sun Yue in action against the best in the world. It allows to you to survey the international talent that the majority of people who focus on the NBA do not get a chance to see.

Though I will admit that watching a Lakers game is more exciting than Olympic basketball :nervous:

#3 KGB

KGB

To be the greatest

• 202 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted August 17, 2008 - 09:53 PM

Maybe watching the US can be funner because of more exiting plays (depends on your preference) but I live and breath lakers and they are my favorite team in the history of teams. I would rather watch DJ make a game winning 3 pointer than see lebron catch an oop just because it's my boys and my family that I feel is going out there and repping the purple and gold proudly. There is nothing to me like watching my team who I'm so proud of go and kick arse (or even get theirs kicked for that matter)

#4 clarisseypoo

clarisseypoo

<3

• 1,876 posts
  • Fan Since:`91

Posted August 17, 2008 - 09:59 PM

Though I will admit that watching a Lakers game is more exciting than Olympic basketball :P

Agreed. I'm not as crazy as I am during a Laker game. :rock:

#5 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted August 17, 2008 - 10:03 PM

Only thing I dislike the Olympics Basketball is the dreaded travelling call....ppl that dunno the difference between FIBA and NBA rules will like, "USA always travel, what's with them?"

I enjoy watching olympics basketball, it's fun for a change while the NBA is on a more 'serious' note.

#6 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,802 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted August 17, 2008 - 10:05 PM

The refs in the Olympics are horrible...

#7 KareemTheGreat33

KareemTheGreat33

Rookie

• 75 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Dwight Howard

Posted August 17, 2008 - 11:11 PM

because known Laker enemies you boo and hate are with the team..

#8 SILO

SILO

Hi, I'm a Mac 

• 620 posts
  • Fan Since:was born a laker
  • Fav. Laker:ME!

Posted August 17, 2008 - 11:18 PM

Agreed. I'm not as crazy as I am during a Laker game. :rock:

true, ur more conservative during these games. theres no hate in these games or animosity towards anyone.

Ive been to plenty of Lakers and Suns games, and oooooooooo boi. do we trash talk each other like no other.
so ima trash talker soooo what . . . they better got something good to say other than a dumb yo mama joke.lol
besides, trash talking is part of sports.

im wearing my kobe jersey, laker wig, my kobes shined up with a purple sharpie in my pocket.
just like kobe said, "We wanna tear their hearts out, absolutely" or something like that.

#9 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted August 17, 2008 - 11:19 PM

This would be so much funner if it wasn't at freaking 5 am in the morning. :rock:

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#10 HEY ITS JOEY

HEY ITS JOEY

my f-stop

• 1,883 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted August 17, 2008 - 11:20 PM

i actually enjoy watching team usa basketball

#11 Daddy4MVP

Daddy4MVP

Rookie

• 353 posts
  • Fan Since:Always
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza 4 MVP

Posted August 18, 2008 - 11:11 AM

Yeah, its better then watching NO Basketball in the summer for sure...

and I agree, I would rather see sasha on a 3-point rampage (like game 3 of the finals) then all of the "crazy" alley oops and plays in the olympics.

But its like, lol we all know USA is going home with the gold, no team has come remotely close to the USA's level
Posted Image

#12 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted August 18, 2008 - 09:19 PM

^ Australia may be right there in terms of closeness.

#13 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted August 18, 2008 - 10:44 PM

Agree with the OP. I just can't get too emotionally invested in the USA team with only one Laker on the floor, no matter how I hard I try. Whenever Kobe isn't on the floor, I immediately lose interest. It's kind of weird actually. With sports I don't normally watch like swimming, gymnastics, and volleyball, my eyes are glued to the TV during the Olympics. But with basketball, the sport I love most, I usually get bored after the first quarter or so.

Now that I think about it, I don't think my lack of interest is because it isn't the Lakers; it's just that the competition is too weak. There's really no suspense or excitement with Team USA just destroying everyone.

#14 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted August 19, 2008 - 04:17 AM

I love watching Team USA play. I disagree that it's boring to watch USA in the olympics, I love seeing us blow teams out, seeing how well we play together, seeing our greatest players just dominate while having fun and giving me incredible plays...

but I agree that Lakers games stand above all. It's because we have Lakers in our blood. There is nothing in the world for me at least, than watching the Lakers play.

#15 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted August 19, 2008 - 07:21 AM

^
I'm not a big fan of blowouts unless I have a deep-rooted hatred for the other team and/or players, and I don't feel that way about any of these countries or foreign players. Even when the Lakers blow out another team, as much as I love watching them, I'll usually just stop if a win is obvious. With Team USA, a win is usually obvious within the first quarter and a half, so I easily get bored. I love competition, but so far, there hasn't been any. I'll watch fan-made highlights afterward to see any plays worth seeing, but I just can't just sit there for a couple hours and watch us embarrass these other countries.

#16 Cash Money 24

Cash Money 24

Rookie

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted August 19, 2008 - 04:13 PM

Yea Laker games are much funner, and way more exciting, I just think of Olympic basketball as a way to get my head out of the Lakers and I still get to see KOBEE!

#17 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted August 19, 2008 - 09:48 PM

I treat team USA the same as the lakers, so when we perform great, im still yelling at the tv like kobe dunked it, or yelling at it like luke was in the game.

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#18 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted August 19, 2008 - 11:12 PM

I treat team USA the same as the lakers, so when we perform great, im still yelling at the tv like kobe dunked it, or yelling at it like luke was in the game.

Sometimes I wanna yell when there's a siiiick play... but I have to grit my teeth and just open my eyes wide in excitement cuz all the games are at 5am and [expletive] so everyone else is sleeping

#19 Vibe

Vibe

On top of the world

• 149 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 20, 2008 - 01:28 PM

USA basketball is fun but there is nothing like lakers.

#20 Lilkhmerkid4u

Lilkhmerkid4u

Rookie

• 137 posts
  • Fav. Laker:The Machine

Posted August 20, 2008 - 03:39 PM

Is Slovenia even in the men's bball olympics?

Sasha baby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users