Reason to be concerned?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,435 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 01, 2009 - 05:03 AM

Yea......you guys are right.......nothing’s wrong.......no reason to be slightly concerned I guess......I suppose come playoff time all these imaginary problems that I'm talking about will just disappear.......the Basketball gods will grant the Lakers immunity from playing high school ball caliber defense and things will just start clicking......
Point being is, as I said above, I'm not a panic type fan who switches opinions from game to game.

This is real regardless if cheerleading positive thinkers believe it or not so please check the Tony Robbins stuff at the door and be practical.

Right now our team is playing like garbage. It pains me to say it but c'mon...a loss to the Bobcats by 10?
Granted our all-time record vs. Charlotte is only 4-5 for reasons nobody can comprehend I'm sure....maybe those games meant nothing. Maybe the Lakers feel that way about the remaining games this season. But now they find themselves 3 games behind the Cavs and only 2 games ahead of Boston for Home Court in the Finals. I believe after last year’s Finals experience the team wouldn’t be that short sighted to not care about H/C throughout. Especially since that what Phil Jackson has been talking about all season every time somebody asks the question: "how did you pull the team together after last year’s loss to Boston". His answer is always "it’s a new year, playing hard and getting H/C to increase our odds". Add in KB & Fish's 2004 Finals loss experience to Detroit and I think it goes w/o question they know what’s up.

So forgive me if I sound disheartened. I do not believe a championship is foreseeable if the team continues to play with no aggression, no urgency and no HEART. I wish the West race was closer so they would be forced to play more competitively to close the season. The last 10 games is when it’s time to make a statement and build momentum/confidence/chemistry heading into the postseason......the reality is that right now we have little. And now Bynum’s return is supposed to change that....I hope so. But honestly I think the team is going to be more out of sync than now in dealing with all the adjustments that will be made (i.e. Pau back to PF, Lamar back to bench, Ariza, Luke, ???)

To sit back and say, the Lakers have the best roster so it’s wrapped up is naive. Here’s another roster that was superior to the entire league at the time,
Shaq
Malone
KB
Payton
Fox/George
That’s the 2004 roster that lost to Detroit in the Finals in only 5 games.

The ring goes to the team that wants it the most. And except maybe Pau, I see no heart in LA's play right now.

Word Up :yes:

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#22 runoneuno

runoneuno

Rookie

• 786 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Andrew Bynum

Posted April 01, 2009 - 05:47 AM

The secret is Sun Yue. Guy will average 20 points 15 assists in the playoffs. No one will even see it coming.

:dance1: That would be crazy!!! Imagine dude getting Finals MVP!

#23 runoneuno

runoneuno

Rookie

• 786 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Andrew Bynum

Posted April 01, 2009 - 06:20 AM

Yea......you guys are right.......nothing’s wrong.......no reason to be slightly concerned I guess......I suppose come playoff time all these imaginary problems that I'm talking about will just disappear.......the Basketball gods will grant the Lakers immunity from playing high school ball caliber defense and things will just start clicking......
Point being is, as I said above, I'm not a panic type fan who switches opinions from game to game.

This is real regardless if cheerleading positive thinkers believe it or not so please check the Tony Robbins stuff at the door and be practical.

Right now our team is playing like garbage. It pains me to say it but c'mon...a loss to the Bobcats by 10?
Granted our all-time record vs. Charlotte is only 4-5 for reasons nobody can comprehend I'm sure....maybe those games meant nothing. Maybe the Lakers feel that way about the remaining games this season. But now they find themselves 3 games behind the Cavs and only 2 games ahead of Boston for Home Court in the Finals. I believe after last year’s Finals experience the team wouldn’t be that short sighted to not care about H/C throughout. Especially since that what Phil Jackson has been talking about all season every time somebody asks the question: "how did you pull the team together after last year’s loss to Boston". His answer is always "it’s a new year, playing hard and getting H/C to increase our odds". Add in KB & Fish's 2004 Finals loss experience to Detroit and I think it goes w/o question they know what’s up.

So forgive me if I sound disheartened. I do not believe a championship is foreseeable if the team continues to play with no aggression, no urgency and no HEART. I wish the West race was closer so they would be forced to play more competitively to close the season. The last 10 games is when it’s time to make a statement and build momentum/confidence/chemistry heading into the postseason......the reality is that right now we have little. And now Bynum’s return is supposed to change that....I hope so. But honestly I think the team is going to be more out of sync than now in dealing with all the adjustments that will be made (i.e. Pau back to PF, Lamar back to bench, Ariza, Luke, ???)

To sit back and say, the Lakers have the best roster so it’s wrapped up is naive. Here’s another roster that was superior to the entire league at the time,
Shaq
Malone
KB
Payton
Fox/George
That’s the 2004 roster that lost to Detroit in the Finals in only 5 games.

The ring goes to the team that wants it the most. And except maybe Pau, I see no heart in LA's play right now.

I'm in total agreement with you. It's one thing to say Kobe' gonna step it up come playoff time but this has to be a total and collective team effort and you're right, right now the Lakers are playing like garbage. I don't believe it's because they're trying to play slow on purpose in order to give them that boost into the playoffs. The Lakers we saw earlier this year that beat Boston and Cleveland are missing. We're not protecting the basket, they're not fighting for posessions, our bench is being outscored by double digits and the paint has now become foreign territory. I've said before that there's nothing wrong with pointing out faults and errors with this team especially if they'll attack those areas and have a successful outcome but there are alot of people that discredit the rest of the league, particularly the West because we have souch a comfortable gap. We can't give any team breathing room. We've lost HCA (something we've worked hard as heck for all year long) and now this funk we've been playing in has been promoted to a slump.

What's even more ironic is that we have the better talent on our side. We have the best closer in the game. We were humiliated last season by Boston. We have to live up to the expectations of being the best team in the league and were doing that up until the second half of the season and the hard fought road to winning a championship and the reality of how close we could be to getting it is now a threat. Championship teams need to play like championship teams and I don't want to see us let another chance slip by.

#24 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,683 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 01, 2009 - 10:15 AM

:dance1: That would be crazy!!! Imagine dude getting Finals MVP!

I highly doubt it, maybe if he plays by himself on court....
Mbenga has a better chance
Posted Image

#25 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 01, 2009 - 10:34 AM

I highly doubt it, maybe if he plays by himself on court....
Mbenga has a better chance

Lol damn netlord why do you have to be such a debbie downer. You know we are just joking around.

#26 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,653 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 01, 2009 - 11:08 AM

i'm not sure there are too many problems...people seem to forget we still have the second best record in the league...if this team of "professionals" with the talent and coach we have can't get it together by the playoffs, then we don't deserve the championship

a loss to charlotte should almost be automatic at this point, not really concerend about that

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users