4/05 Los Angeles Clippers vs. Los Angeles Lakers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
192 replies to this topic

#181 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,658 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted April 05, 2009 - 08:54 PM

Even with the win. I'm not happy with this game. It was pathetic.

#182 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,825 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 05, 2009 - 08:55 PM

Quoted For Truth.

#183 rissa missa

rissa missa

i <3 Kobe

• 938 posts

Posted April 05, 2009 - 09:00 PM

Phil Jackson just finished his post-game interview... it was short and sweet. HE DID NOT LOOK HAPPY! :no:

#184 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted April 05, 2009 - 09:11 PM

See guys, this is what happens when you underestimate a team... "OmGzZz iTz GnA b A bLoWouT LuLZZzz!11!"

:D

Clippers should have played better in the beginning, and not turned it up in the last 3 minutes of the game.

I can't believe Gordon missed so many 3's!! No matter what anyone says, he's hit the rookie wall, no doubt. His 3's have been off lately, even the wide open ones as you've noticed. At least he has the determination to keep at it and keep driving in, and did actually play some solid defense on Kobe.

That last play though killed me... Kobe was holding Gordon, and Laker fans sighed a breath of relief when the foul wasn't called because you know what would have happened if they did call it right?

2 free throws AND Clipper ball. The foul took place before the ball was thrown in.. So it would have been 2 free throws and the ball for the Clips. Lake show dodged a bullet there...

It's alright. I'm glad I saw some kind of fight from the Clippers, a win for the Lakers who needed it for HCA, and an awesome future for Gordon (with his clutch 3 and free throws in front on one of the biggest stages of the NBA, with the best player in the world guarding him, while also having to guard him back)
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#185 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted April 05, 2009 - 09:17 PM

See guys, this is what happens when you underestimate a team... "OmGzZz iTz GnA b A bLoWouT LuLZZzz!11!"

:D

Clippers should have played better in the beginning, and not turned it up in the last 3 minutes of the game.

I can't believe Gordon missed so many 3's!! No matter what anyone says, he's hit the rookie wall, no doubt. His 3's have been off lately, even the wide open ones as you've noticed. At least he has the determination to keep at it and keep driving in, and did actually play some solid defense on Kobe.

That last play though killed me... Kobe was holding Gordon, and Laker fans sighed a breath of relief when the foul wasn't called because you know what would have happened if they did call it right?

2 free throws AND Clipper ball. The foul took place before the ball was thrown in.. So it would have been 2 free throws and the ball for the Clips. Lake show dodged a bullet there...

It's alright. I'm glad I saw some kind of fight from the Clippers, a win for the Lakers who needed it for HCA, and an awesome future for Gordon (with his clutch 3 and free throws in front on one of the biggest stages of the NBA, with the best player in the world guarding him, while also having to guard him back)

Yeah I said it would be closer then people thought it was going to be. Clippers fought hard, but the Lakers just let another big lead diminish. The bench was ridiculous during that stretch. Notice to the bench players: When your starters have ice packs on their knees, MAKE SURE THEY DON'T NEED TO COME BACK IN.

But Calm, you know I back you up on these forums, but don't complain about that last non-call. Because the play before that when Gordon hit the three and the Lakers tried to inbound the ball, Pau Gasol was blatantly being held by his jersey by Zach Randolph. So that deserved a foul, and it would have been free throws and Laker ball. So it's kinda a thing of two non-calls canceling each other out.

Kobe and Gordon had a good laugh about it though after the game. Kobe knew what had happened. Good fight by the Clips though.

#186 Mr. 24

Mr. 24

Rookie

• 441 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted April 05, 2009 - 10:05 PM

same here.

#187 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted April 05, 2009 - 10:14 PM

At this point in the season TCI, be glad everytime your team loses. The worse their record, the higher the chances they have of getting the #1 pick.. hopefully they get Rubio if they get the #2 or #3 pick, if #1, Blake Griffin. Heck I wouldn't even mind them getting the local boy, the Compton boy, the SC boy, Demar Derozan. That guy's badarse.

Edited by Chicano, April 05, 2009 - 10:14 PM.

#188 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted April 05, 2009 - 10:20 PM

Yeah I said it would be closer then people thought it was going to be. Clippers fought hard, but the Lakers just let another big lead diminish. The bench was ridiculous during that stretch. Notice to the bench players: When your starters have ice packs on their knees, MAKE SURE THEY DON'T NEED TO COME BACK IN.

But Calm, you know I back you up on these forums, but don't complain about that last non-call. Because the play before that when Gordon hit the three and the Lakers tried to inbound the ball, Pau Gasol was blatantly being held by his jersey by Zach Randolph. So that deserved a foul, and it would have been free throws and Laker ball. So it's kinda a thing of two non-calls canceling each other out.

Kobe and Gordon had a good laugh about it though after the game. Kobe knew what had happened. Good fight by the Clips though.

I understand, but Kobe held Gordon 4 times when I watched, and I tuned in from work when there was like 3 minutes left in the 3rd.

I wish they called both then, because Gasol is more prone to miss a free throw than Gordon is, lol :P
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#189 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted April 05, 2009 - 10:22 PM

Were you watching on KTLA or FSN West?

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#190 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted April 05, 2009 - 10:24 PM

This is what happens when people say...

Blowout!
We can rest our starters finally!
S.Brown to play a lot!

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#191 Synergy

Synergy

The Only Suns Fan On TLN

• 1,027 posts

Posted April 05, 2009 - 10:26 PM

Good win for the Lakers, but they struggled a bit with only winning by 3.
Posted Image

#192 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted April 05, 2009 - 10:33 PM

What do you have to say about my post TCI? Thoughts? Who would you want of those three, or would those even be your top choices?

#193 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted April 05, 2009 - 11:49 PM

Mmm, good post Chicano.

I'm not all for losing just for a better pick, but if I needed one.. They all sound great. I've been a huge fan of Griffin, and he is exciting as HELL. Also a great rebounder and good scorer, a great player to center your team around.

Rubio is also unbelievable, kinda like a Shaun Livingston. He's proved himself in the Olympics, one of the biggest stages, even against the USA's best. He plays great D, amazing court vision, pretty good jumper, pretty tall..

I've been a HUGEEE fan of DeRozan ever since seeing him play in Compton, and he's going to be a star, but I don't see him going anything before #8 or so.

If Clippers don't get Griffin I would want Rubio hands down. He could be our future, and he's a solid player in almost all aspects.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users