#21 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted March 24, 2009 - 10:00 PM

ROFL!!!!

Bynum>>>>>>>>>Oden (we can compare them since they're both always injured)
Gasol>>>>>>>>>> Aldrige. Gasol actually has a post game, is a better rebounder, superior passer, superior bball IQ
Odom>>>>>>>>>> Joel
Ariza < Travis (though this is questionable, since we are finally seeing Ariza blossom as a starter)
Fisher = Blake (Blake has better passing numbers, Fish is the better defender)

You guys are really stretching it.

Since they suck so bad, compared to us, how did they blow us out??

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#22 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted March 24, 2009 - 10:03 PM

The Rockets' defense is the MVP of that team, and Yao doesn't do anything spectacular..how is he the tallest player in the league but doesnt avg a double double? AND less than 20 PPG..their defense is the MVP, and their team game is the reason why they're successful.

DWill shouldn't be because they're terrible on the road, and it proves he gets as shaken on the road as some rookies..plus they weren't in the playoffs until around the time Boozer came back.

Roy has Aldridge...Outlaw, a shooter in Blake, and defense/rebounding guys at center..they play a team game too, but his clutch gives him MVP honors over all those in this post.

Look, D-Wade deserves to be in talks..he has the heat threatening for homecourt, and he has a bunch of rookies and a washed-up center..he's the heart and soul of that team and deserves a mention in MVP talks.

The Rockets defense is centered around having a 7'6 force in the middle. He not only blocks 2 shots a game, but deters many more. And for his blocks, he's one of the best in the league at getting back the blocks, instead of swatting it out of bounce or to the other team.

For DWill, they're still in contention to be a top seed in the West. This isn't who has the best road record VP. Deron Williams makes everybody that much better on his team.

LOL at Roy has Aldridge. Aldridge is a jump shooting bigman, who is nowhere near the caliber of any big name players. Steve Blake? The guy was barely in the league a few years ago. And LOL at bringing up Outlaw. You're overrating their team. Kobe has Gasol who is 1000 times better. Heck, I'm even tempted to take Z over Aldridge due to Aldridge's lack of post game.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#23 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted March 24, 2009 - 10:08 PM

Since they suck so bad, compared to us, how did they blow us out??

Because it was the beginning of the season and because Brandon 'MVP candidate' Roy put up 28, 5 and 5.

But I'm sure Lamarcus 'I'm equal to Gasol' Aldridge's 16 points on 15 FGA was a huge factor as well, lol!

#24 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted March 24, 2009 - 10:19 PM

The Rockets defense is centered around having a 7'6 force in the middle. He not only blocks 2 shots a game, but deters many more. And for his blocks, he's one of the best in the league at getting back the blocks, instead of swatting it out of bounce or to the other team.

For DWill, they're still in contention to be a top seed in the West. This isn't who has the best road record VP. Deron Williams makes everybody that much better on his team.

LOL at Roy has Aldridge. Aldridge is a jump shooting bigman, who is nowhere near the caliber of any big name players. Steve Blake? The guy was barely in the league a few years ago. And LOL at bringing up Outlaw. You're overrating their team. Kobe has Gasol who is 1000 times better. Heck, I'm even tempted to take Z over Aldridge due to Aldridge's lack of post game.

It's not centered around him and you know it. It's centered around Battier and Artest, and Yao let Kwame and McDyess go off for 23 and 32 boards on him. Two nights after, backup center Craig Smith gets 19 and 7 on him. And detering shots? Go on youtube and see how many times he gets dunked on..he gets blocks from someone trying to shoot over him.

Ok, so DWill was playing for the whole year..and when they get healthy with Booze and AK47, they just HAPPEN to go on a 10+ game winning streak?

Pau averages 18.8 points, 9 boards, 3.5 assists, .5 steals, 1 block in 37 minutes
Lamarcus averages 18 points, 7 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 block in 37 minutes
Pau is indeed better, but it doesn't warrant your childish '>>>>>>>' claim, they aren't that far apart.
Outlaw? Blake? They are perfect role players that come up clutch, unlike our role players.

Again, since we're so much better than them, how did they blow us out? 28 points is solid, but how did we get blown out? THEIR DEFENSE. Which is absolutely better than the Lakers, as of now.

Edited by Junayd, March 24, 2009 - 10:20 PM.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#25 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted March 24, 2009 - 10:20 PM

Yao is like the best center.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#26 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 24, 2009 - 10:22 PM

Yes, Blake has been irrelevant for ages, but so did the former 2 time MVP Steve Nash... Now, I'm not suggesting at all that he will be an MVP candidate anytime soon, or even average like 15/8... But hey, considering he is the 9th pick of the 2nd round, that is a steal...

Either big Z is overrated or Aldridge is underrated...

Big Z is a slow-footed, old and a jumpshooting big who is all downhill, yet you prefer him over Aldridge who has much room to improve and way younger?

For the record, both Dwight Howard and Lebron James has no post game...

Edited by Kwamesaurus Rex, March 24, 2009 - 10:24 PM.

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#27 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted March 24, 2009 - 10:24 PM

It's a travesty that D Will ,Yao , and B Roy is mentioned in the same breath as Dwyane Wade.

:lol:

Lakerfool before you blow up on me just know I am joking :D
Posted Image

#28 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted March 24, 2009 - 10:45 PM

Yes, Blake has been irrelevant for ages, but so did the former 2 time MVP Steve Nash... Now, I'm not suggesting at all that he will be an MVP candidate anytime soon, or even average like 15/8... But hey, considering he is the 9th pick of the 2nd round, that is a steal...

Either big Z is overrated or Aldridge is underrated...

Big Z is a slow-footed, old and a jumpshooting big who is all downhill, yet you prefer him over Aldridge who has much room to improve and way younger?

For the record, both Dwight Howard and Lebron James has no post game...

Former 2 time MVP Nash was a first round pick, and got a big contract in Phoenix for a reason.

Big Z RIGHT NOW (not factoring in the future at all) is a bigger impact player than ZERO DEFENSE, Jump shooting Aldridge.

Dwight Howard and LeBron attack the rim, while Aldridge camps...a lot like Troy Murphy does.

You're severely overrating Aldridge, and I find it hilarious that you put him as Gasol's equal.

#29 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted March 24, 2009 - 10:55 PM

It's not centered around him and you know it. It's centered around Battier and Artest, and Yao let Kwame and McDyess go off for 23 and 32 boards on him. Two nights after, backup center Craig Smith gets 19 and 7 on him. And detering shots? Go on youtube and see how many times he gets dunked on..he gets blocks from someone trying to shoot over him.

Ok, so DWill was playing for the whole year..and when they get healthy with Booze and AK47, they just HAPPEN to go on a 10+ game winning streak?

Pau averages 18.8 points, 9 boards, 3.5 assists, .5 steals, 1 block in 37 minutes
Lamarcus averages 18 points, 7 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 block in 37 minutes
Pau is indeed better, but it doesn't warrant your childish '>>>>>>>' claim, they aren't that far apart.
Outlaw? Blake? They are perfect role players that come up clutch, unlike our role players.

Again, since we're so much better than them, how did they blow us out? 28 points is solid, but how did we get blown out? THEIR DEFENSE. Which is absolutely better than the Lakers, as of now.

LMAO! Dunked on is your sort of evidence? HAHAHAHA

EFF FG% allowed with Yao on the floor 46.6%
EFF FG% allowed without Yao on the floor 50%
http://www.82games.c...809/08HOU17.HTM

EFF FG% allowed with Artest 47.4%...without48.7%
EFF FG% allowed with Battier 46.9%..without 48.9%

Yao's impact is IMMENSE. Of coures, it takes thought to be able to process his presence. Although he only gets 2 blocks a game, he deters many other shots, and sometimes discourages guards from driving him at all. If you don't know that, you don't know NBA basketball.

As for your 'dunked on' evidence, you can find numerous videos of Ewing and Olajuwan and Mutombo being dunked on. Being dunked on is part of playing defense. Evidence shows that Yao plays it. When you go for blocks instead of running away, you get dunked on. It's part of being a true big.

As for Yao's scoring, he's putting up 20 points on 13 shots. That's an insanely high FG/point ratio. Yao's points are limited due to Houston's lower possession system. He's capable of averaging 25-30, but there's no point. The emphasis is on defense.

Pau averages 19 ppg on 13 shot attempts
Aldridge averages 18 ppg on 15 shot attempts
Pau is a much more efficient shooter than Aldridge, for he uses the post and gets higher percentage shots, shooting at 57% vs. 48%

EFF FG% Allowed
Gasol: 49.9% Aldridge 50.6%. Keep in mind too that Gasol plays CENTER, while Aldridge plays PF.

Don't even get me started on passing. the 3.5 assists vs. 2 assists may not seem like a lot, but it is huge in regards to the world of big men. Many big men get hockey assists (passes that lead to assists). Pau is significantly the better passer.

So yes, Pau>>>>>> Aldridge and it's not even close. Add to that, Pau has been playing out of position all year, with PF being more suitable for his strength.

Edited by lakerfool, March 24, 2009 - 10:58 PM.

#30 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 24, 2009 - 11:28 PM

None of them are legit candidates. Kobe and LeBron are out on their own little island right now, and it's everyone else that needs to catch up. Those two are the most complete players in the league, and also the most dominant at their positions.

But leaving them out, Wade is getting MVP consideration over the others because, simply put, he's a more complete player. Yao, Roy and Williams don't compare.

You're looking at the team way too much. Steve Nash is one of the worst defensive players to ever win an MVP, and so is Dirk, in recent memory. However, because of Amare, Marion and Phoenix's system, and because of Howard, Terry and Dallas' system, those two guys were considered the most valuable.

I really don't care what everyone is saying. It's Kobe or LeBron.

#31 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,527 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 25, 2009 - 01:14 AM

any wade argument is a moot point, this trophy is bron bron's to lose

Posted Image

#32 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 25, 2009 - 02:55 AM

Exactly.

Lebron will win it behind Kobe, and the rest is like randomly inserted into the discussion...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users