31 replies to this topic

#1 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted March 24, 2009 - 02:32 PM

All of these guys have their teams with top records in the league, without significant help.

For DWill, Boozer was missing most of the year
For Yao, McLady went down early in the season and stunk it up when he was healthy.
For Roy, he has a bunch of rooks around him.

Wade has been outstanding. But has his team been winning as much? No. It's time to end this travesty. No players from mediocre teams in the MVP discussion, PERIOD!
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#2 Helljumper

Helljumper

76ers GM

• 2,461 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 24, 2009 - 02:44 PM

The definition of MVP has changed so often and I believe in its current state, the definition is incorrect.

In my opinion, the most valuable player is the player who is more valuable to his team than any other player to their respective teams. Using that definition, I think Kobe should've won the MVP from 2005-2007, Paul should've won it last year, and Wade should win it this year.

Using the definition that the NBA's using though (the best player on one of the best teams), this year Lebron deserves to win it and I agree that Wade should not be in consideration using this definition.

This year, the only two who should even be considered are Kobe and Lebron, no one else. Not Wade, not Yao, not Roy, and not DWill.
Posted Image

#3 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted March 24, 2009 - 02:53 PM

The definition of MVP has changed so often and I believe in its current state, the definition is incorrect.

In my opinion, the most valuable player is the player who is more valuable to his team than any other player to their respective teams. Using that definition, I think Kobe should've won the MVP from 2005-2007, Paul should've won it last year, and Wade should win it this year.

Using the definition that the NBA's using though (the best player on one of the best teams), this year Lebron deserves to win it and I agree that Wade should not be in consideration using this definition.

This year, the only two who should even be considered are Kobe and Lebron, no one else. Not Wade, not Yao, not Roy, and not DWill.

Yao leads his team in defense, is the main scoring option. Who is the only other guy he's playing with? Ron Artest.

DWill has been leading his team in which Boozer has been absent.

Roy has been leading his team to a top record without a significant second option.

Those are all legit candidates.

#4 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted March 24, 2009 - 02:55 PM

D-Will is going to win a couple of MVP's before its all said and done.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#5 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,665 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted March 24, 2009 - 03:13 PM

with cp3 around, it's gonna be tough

2div

#6 Helljumper

Helljumper

76ers GM

• 2,461 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 24, 2009 - 03:15 PM

Yao leads his team in defense, is the main scoring option. Who is the only other guy he's playing with? Ron Artest.

DWill has been leading his team in which Boozer has been absent.

Roy has been leading his team to a top record without a significant second option.

Those are all legit candidates.

Yao has a nice supporting cast. The Rockets beat the Hornets, without Yao or T-Mac, in New Orleans. Take Yao out and with a healthy T-Mac, that team does just as well if not better than they're doing right now.

Williams has turned it on recently but he played poorly the first couple of months of the season. Plus, he has Okur who was an all star last year.

Roy has Aldridge who's averaging 18 points a game. How is that not a significant second option?
Posted Image

#7 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,455 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted March 24, 2009 - 03:48 PM

you guys seriously have issue D Wade has NOBODY NOBODY ON HIS TEAM JO is washed up now name another guy they have now that can help the heat in scoring.......................................... Exactly nobody. Yao has Artest. Roy has Lamarcus Aldrige. And D Will has solid young players around him please don't call wade being nominated for MVP a travesty.
Posted Image

#8 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 24, 2009 - 03:49 PM

Wade is in MVP talks, but it doesn't matter since this guy says no:

Posted Image
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#9 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted March 24, 2009 - 04:17 PM

I agree with this post lakerfool, but I also agree with the picture from Kwamesaurus rex :D
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#10 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,462 posts

Posted March 24, 2009 - 04:56 PM

d-will is great

but the credit should go to the coach...d-will was out..ak47 was out..boozer was out..and they kept winning

bw1wOGf.png

#11 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted March 24, 2009 - 05:08 PM

I wish Yao could win one sometime in his career.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#12 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted March 24, 2009 - 05:11 PM

you guys seriously have issue D Wade has NOBODY NOBODY ON HIS TEAM JO is washed up now name another guy they have now that can help the heat in scoring.......................................... Exactly nobody. Yao has Artest. Roy has Lamarcus Aldrige. And D Will has solid young players around him please don't call wade being nominated for MVP a travesty.

Lamarcus Aldridge is a glorified jump shooter. Everybody else on the team is very young and inexperienced. He's the only consistency on the team.

DWill has Milsap..who gets mostly garbage points, and Okur...who camps at the 3pt line.

Artest is literally shooting 40% from the field. Yao is carrying the team. Yao's presence creates tons of open opportunities for his teammates. That's why Artest is shooting a higher 3pt % than FG%, because he's getting a whole lot of his open looks from Yao, while bricking his 2pt shots that he creates for himself.

#13 Master Zen

Master Zen

Rookie

• 482 posts
  • Name:Hugues
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted March 24, 2009 - 05:54 PM

If D-Wade is MVP this year. Stern should change the rules for the vote and re-name the trophy the "Kobe Bryant's Trophy" cause of his two seasons 05/06 and 06/07 when he was stolen twice.

Better records than the Heat this year and better stats from Kobe with a long list of NBA records.

Anyway, take a look at this [expletive]:

http://sports.espn.g...=PERDiem-090324

#14 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted March 24, 2009 - 05:57 PM

All of these guys have their teams with top records in the league, without significant help.

For DWill, Boozer was missing most of the year
For Yao, McLady went down early in the season and stunk it up when he was healthy.
For Roy, he has a bunch of rooks around him.

Wade has been outstanding. But has his team been winning as much? No. It's time to end this travesty. No players from mediocre teams in the MVP discussion, PERIOD!

Roy has Aldrige and Joel P, who most respect as BIg men, and his rookies are experienced to a certain degree, and Blake is as underrated as Andre Miller
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#15 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts

Posted March 24, 2009 - 06:27 PM

Aldridge
Joel P. (solid center)
Travis
Blake
Rudy T.
Greg Oden

Very solid supporting cast.

Edited by Kwamesaurus Rex, March 24, 2009 - 06:27 PM.

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#16 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted March 24, 2009 - 06:29 PM

Aldridge
Joel P. (solid center)
Travis
Blake
Rudy T.
Greg Oden

just as good, if not better, as Kobe's, minus the experience
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#17 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted March 24, 2009 - 08:31 PM

Aldridge
Joel P. (solid center)
Travis
Blake
Rudy T.
Greg Oden

LOL.

Rudy Fernandez? He's a rook! Oden? He's a rook, and barely plays 20 min. Joel P? Blake?

You're stretching it.

They are solid, but the fact that they are vying for top playoff spaces...that shouldn't be happening.

#18 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted March 24, 2009 - 08:34 PM

just as good, if not better, as Kobe's, minus the experience

ROFL!!!!

Bynum>>>>>>>>>Oden (we can compare them since they're both always injured)
Gasol>>>>>>>>>> Aldrige. Gasol actually has a post game, is a better rebounder, superior passer, superior bball IQ
Odom>>>>>>>>>> Joel
Ariza < Travis (though this is questionable, since we are finally seeing Ariza blossom as a starter)
Fisher = Blake (Blake has better passing numbers, Fish is the better defender)

You guys are really stretching it.

Edited by lakerfool, March 24, 2009 - 08:35 PM.

#19 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts

Posted March 24, 2009 - 09:47 PM

10.2 PPG off the bench is not bad for a backup guard, and he can shoot threes... While we are paying someone 5 mil to brick shots...

Oden is not a bad center off the bench, 7.2 RPG in less than 2 quarters? Same with Pryzbilla, same minutes, but starting, less than 2 quarters...

Blake is having a career best in PPG, and 3FG%...

The Lakers are way far better in mostly everything... But really... That team is heading at the right direction...

Yao have been doing his thing for ages... Both him and T-mac plays better without each other... I don't see Deron as a MVP type of player, more like Scottie Pippen role to me (IMO of course)... Same with Roy... I see the Blazers like the 2004 Detroit Pistons... No franchise players (Roy might, but for now I can't see it), a bunch of very good players who are all equally important...

And this MVP race usually go down between 2 or 3 guys and the rest are picked randomly really...

Edited by Kwamesaurus Rex, March 24, 2009 - 10:01 PM.

Karl Marx

#20 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted March 24, 2009 - 09:58 PM

The Rockets' defense is the MVP of that team, and Yao doesn't do anything spectacular..how is he the tallest player in the league but doesnt avg a double double? AND less than 20 PPG..their defense is the MVP, and their team game is the reason why they're successful.

DWill shouldn't be because they're terrible on the road, and it proves he gets as shaken on the road as some rookies..plus they weren't in the playoffs until around the time Boozer came back.

Roy has Aldridge...Outlaw, a shooter in Blake, and defense/rebounding guys at center..they play a team game too, but his clutch gives him MVP honors over all those in this post.

Look, D-Wade deserves to be in talks..he has the heat threatening for homecourt, and he has a bunch of rookies and a washed-up center..he's the heart and soul of that team and deserves a mention in MVP talks.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users