#1 TheAssassin611

TheAssassin611

"The Young Assassin"

• 892 posts
  • Name:Mohammad Abdulrauf L. Lauban
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 23, 2009 - 08:53 PM

There were times during this season when it looked as if no team other than the Cavs, Celtics and Lakers would crack the top three. And there were times when it looked like no one other than those three, the Magic and the Spurs would crack the top five.

Those walls have been broken down, more so by the frailties of the teams listed above than by a big run from any of the other 25 teams. These days, with Kevin Garnett's return boosting the Celtics back to elite status, it's the Spurs who aren't looking very top-fivish.

The top two teams, though, are looking impenetrable. Each has an insurmountable lead atop the conference and, together, they are competing only against each other for home-court advantage .

It has been predicted in this space multiple times that Cleveland-L.A. will be the matchup in the 2009 NBA Finals, and that possibility is looking stronger than ever. Not only will the Lakers have the No. 1 seed in the West, but they also have a winning record against every Western Conference team except one. (They're 1-1 against the Jazz, with one game remaining.)

The only Eastern Conference team with a head-to-head edge on the Cavs is the Celtics, who visit Quicken Loans Arena on April 12. Cleveland also has split its first two games with the Magic and visits Orlando on April 3. But of course, the Cavs are 32-1 at home, 21-0 against the East. And even though Ben Wallace is out, Cleveland is looking much more healthy than the Celtics these days.

Meanwhile, the Elimination Watch is on. They're still mathematically alive, but put former partners Larry Bird (Indiana) and Donnie Walsh (New York) on the guest list for May 19 in Secaucus. Then pencil in Rod Thorn (New Jersey), John Hammond (Milwaukee) and Steve Kerr (Phoenix) as well.

It looks like the eighth spot in the East will come down to the Bulls and Bobcats. They play once more (April 11 in Chicago) and Charlotte already has the tiebreaker, with wins in the first two games between the two teams.

Rest of The Article,
And Power Ranking(NBA.COM)

#2 TheAssassin611

TheAssassin611

"The Young Assassin"

• 892 posts
  • Name:Mohammad Abdulrauf L. Lauban
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted March 23, 2009 - 09:17 PM

Here is The Screenshot

v
v
v

Posted Image

Edited by TheAssassin611, March 23, 2009 - 09:18 PM.

#3 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted March 23, 2009 - 09:34 PM

Here is The Screenshot

v
v
v

Posted Image

Safari?

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#4 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted March 23, 2009 - 09:37 PM

Yes, that's Safari.

#5 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted March 23, 2009 - 09:41 PM

I don't mean to go off-topic, but is it a good browser? I remember I've always tried installing it every time I update iTunes but there would be some error and I'd always end up uninstalling it.
But anyway, I do believe those two teams are the Big Two. Boston is still a threat though.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#6 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,492 posts

Posted March 23, 2009 - 10:00 PM

cleveland has to still get past the champs
Posted Image

#7 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 18,327 posts

Posted March 23, 2009 - 10:06 PM

and Magic also.

#8 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted March 23, 2009 - 10:09 PM

I don't mean to go off-topic, but is it a good browser? I remember I've always tried installing it every time I update iTunes but there would be some error and I'd always end up uninstalling it.
But anyway, I do believe those two teams are the Big Two. Boston is still a threat though.

Safari is one of the, if not, the best browsers out there.

#9 Machinehead

Machinehead

BringBackSasha

• 6,671 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:Radmanovic's long hair days.
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha Vujacic

Posted March 23, 2009 - 10:23 PM

I'm using Safari right now, I love it.

But on topic, the Cavs have finally convinced me that they are playing better than the Celtics. The Celtics bench stinks and I believe that is why they are not as good as the Cavaliers.
Posted Image

#10 Samson1987

Samson1987

Rookie

• 539 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Bryant-Gasol-Artest-Brown

Posted March 24, 2009 - 06:25 AM

Cavs are 21-0 against the east? That's ridiculous... I don't know if I should be impressed with the Cavs or disappointed with the lack of quality teams in the east. I guess a little bit of both.
"If you could stop all the players that get publicized and all the players that the NBA likes and all the players, you know, the players that win the MVP's, you know, for their offense. And some of them, you know, play pretty good defense too. But some of them, you know, they like "this guy he can shoot, he can score, he can dunk." and I want to be the one to stop all those guys, you know, and just kinda spoil the whole party." - Ron Artest

#11 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,492 posts

Posted March 24, 2009 - 07:28 AM

Cavs are 21-0 against the east? That's ridiculous... I don't know if I should be impressed with the Cavs or disappointed with the lack of quality teams in the east. I guess a little bit of both.

at home because they've lost to the celtics on the road
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users