13 replies to this topic

#1 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted March 23, 2009 - 09:25 AM

"A lot of people have wasted a lot of time thinking about who they want Lamar Odom to be rather than appreciating him for who he is," says Jeff Van Gundy, the ESPN analyst who was coaching the Knicks when Odom was making headlines as a New York City high school star. "I always look back at where he started. In stories like his, you don't see a lot of happy endings. So when you do see one, I think it should be celebrated."

http://vault.sportsi...53359/index.htm

#2 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 23, 2009 - 09:50 AM

I was all for trading him for the last five seasons, until Bynum's second injury. Now it all depends on how his career pans out.

Unfortunately, we don't have much time to make a decision, so I really don't know what to do at this point. If I had the confidence that Bynum would be fully healthy for years, I'd dish Odom to someone to pick up a defensive-minded starting point guard and a backup big that plays defense.

#3 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts

Posted March 23, 2009 - 10:16 AM

If I had the confidence that Bynum would be fully healthy for years, I'd dish Odom to someone to pick up a defensive-minded starting point guard and a backup big that plays defense.

It all depends on what they can sign him for and how much Trevor will cost, though a defensive-minded starting point guard would be a treat. Where's Alvin Robertson when you need him?

#4 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 23, 2009 - 10:52 AM

well, he did say he was willing to take a pay cut IIRC....the lakers organization is too classy to not at least try to work something out
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#5 Moos

Moos

Rookie

• 82 posts
  • Fan Since:1968
  • Fav. Laker:Chamberlain

Posted March 23, 2009 - 11:02 AM

That was a great article; I never realized of all that he went through to get to where he is today. Unfortunately he can't play with a high level of intensity every night. This is the time for LO to demonstrate day-in and day-out, us fans were (and are) wrong. The critics have been relentless.... much less re-sign him for less to stay.

#6 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,320 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 23, 2009 - 11:05 AM

Is there an option to keep both Lamar and Trevor ? I mean... we got rid of Vlad's contract, we have a free roster spot, Lamar wants to get a paycut. The Lakers saved some money. And I would rather have Odom beside me, than against me. He is a heck of a talent and it's going to be a shame if we lose him...

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#7 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts

Posted March 23, 2009 - 11:10 AM

Is there an option to keep both Lamar and Trevor ? I mean... we got rid of Vlad's contract, we have a free roster spot, Lamar wants to get a paycut. The Lakers saved some money. And I would rather have Odom beside me, than against me. He is a heck of a talent and it's going to be a shame if we lose him...

It's a dollar for dollar luxury tax issue. We'll see.

#8 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts

Posted March 23, 2009 - 11:12 AM

Where's Alvin Robertson when you need him?

Watching his son try and make a name for himself in the NFL.

He's no Robertson, but I just wish we'd find a way to get Kirk Hinrich. Most every defensive point that is starter-quality isn't available, except for Kirk.

#9 runoneuno

runoneuno

Rookie

• 786 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Andrew Bynum

Posted March 23, 2009 - 11:17 AM

He's no Robertson, but I just wish we'd find a way to get Kirk Hinrich. Most every defensive point that is starter-quality isn't available, except for Kirk.

co-sign. Hinrich played a good game against us just recently.

#10 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts

Posted March 23, 2009 - 11:24 AM

He'd be good in our system. Don't need a Chris Paul who needs the ball in his hand. Kirk is solid and can hit the outside shot. Seems like he'd be available.

#11 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted March 23, 2009 - 11:55 AM

that defensive pg is kidd, u guys dont believe me, but i cant see him in any other uni next year
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#12 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts

Posted March 23, 2009 - 12:25 PM

that defensive pg is kidd, u guys dont believe me, but i cant see him in any other uni next year

Kidd still defends bigger guards well, but he gets lit up by the faster ones, and that's our main problem with Fisher right now.

#13 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted March 23, 2009 - 05:05 PM

His value to get us a top player is pretty much gone. People know what he is.

If we can get a top PG next year and Bynum is healthy, then yeah, I'd do it. I'd so Odom for Felton and change in a heart beat.

Then again, you have to consider how cheap Odom is. Our only real weakness now is at PG.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#14 Moos

Moos

Rookie

• 82 posts
  • Fan Since:1968
  • Fav. Laker:Chamberlain

Posted March 23, 2009 - 10:20 PM

This thread turned into a trade discussion already before the season even ended, I’ll be celebrating the world champion Lakers 2008-2009 in downtown LA, then in the summer time I’ll think about talking trade, any one for Shane Battier?

My sincere regarde to Ken #1 beloved. True basketball, friend and a Laker fan I met a year ago.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users