#1 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts
  • Name:Kevin
  • Fan Since:1985 @ Birth
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 22, 2009 - 03:36 PM

If he wins MVP this year it would be a complete joke, he is haveing a worse year than when Kobe averaged 35 ppg, and was a 7 seed in the WEST...not east...

#2 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,698 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted March 22, 2009 - 03:49 PM

we have a random nba related thoughts thread for rants like this, so enough with these threads!

not hating or anything, i'm just saying. ;)

2div

#3 nameant

nameant

Reppin from TX

• 1,227 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 22, 2009 - 03:53 PM

This is no chance he wins the MVP. It's a 2 man race between LeBron and Kobe, and LeBron has basically sealed it already.

#4 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted March 22, 2009 - 04:08 PM

He deserves it this year ,just like how Kobe deserved it when he averaged 35.6 points that year.

But it will go to the best record, LEBRON OR KOBE

Personally I think the Lakers are gonna steal HCA by either tying the Cavs or getting above them in the standings.

Cavs got a few tough games left. We do too with Detroit, Atlanta, Portland, Houston,Utah

They got

Detroit, @Washington(believe me Wizards might play above and beyond to get a win), @ORLANDO,
SAS, BOSTON, @IND(see the Wizards)

The Cavs are 2 games ahead of us but this thing is long from over. Still very much up for grabs
Posted Image

#5 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 22, 2009 - 04:14 PM

I prefer this...

Posted Image

Lebron is winning it this year, he deserve it...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#6 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 22, 2009 - 04:19 PM

He deserves it...

Don't be surprised if he does - the votes that "should" go to Kobe will go for Wade.

I think he has a legit shot at winning it. Wade is a stud. Playing the best individual ball in the league.

#7 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,761 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 22, 2009 - 04:23 PM

It's between LeBron and Kobe. If Kobe couldn't win it while posting numbers superior to that of Wade a few seasons back, Wade shouldn't be in the discussion this year (because the Lakers and Cavs are having amazing seasons).

#8 elpermic

elpermic

Rookie

• 1,021 posts
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:worthy, kobe, magic

Posted March 22, 2009 - 04:31 PM

LeBron James will win the MVP, Stern has marked it since day one.

I'd plow Vanessa Bryant.

#9 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted March 22, 2009 - 05:25 PM

I too called Lebron winning it, and he definitely still deserves it.
Wade is now 2nd on my list.

And to compare Kobe's 06 season and Wade's current:
Kobe was: 35.4ppg, 5.3r, 4.5a, 1.8s, .4b, 45% shooting
Dwyane is: 29.8ppg, 5.2r, 7.6a, 2.2s, 1.4b, 49.2% shooting

I'd say Wade's is better. On pace for the same amount of wins isn't he, not sure.

#10 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted March 22, 2009 - 05:56 PM

Oh Lord, it seems like people make new threads on this same topic every other day.

To make a long story short, stop crying because Wade is not gonna win it. It's between Kobe and LeBron and most likely it will be LeBron. He deserves it more than Kobe this year.
Basketball Reasons...

#11 Jazzygirl205

Jazzygirl205

Rookie

• 72 posts
  • Fan Since:When Kobe joined the Lakers, lookingat old Lakers vids
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem

Posted March 22, 2009 - 08:39 PM

Hmmmmm......okay I have something to say about this topic. It's a touchy subject and alot of things go untouched and unoticed.

I'm a bit salty on how Kobe was only given the MVP last season because the league felt bad he never got one. And I will be even saltier if D-Wade gets one for displaying a similar performace Kobe did back in 06, in a tough Western Conference, as a 7th seed where he single handely almost beat the Suns to move on into the second round of the playoffs.

Now LeBron is obviously going to get it because David Stern has invested alot in LeBron and he made sure he had him in the media and everywhere else all season as the favorite for the trohpy.

D-wade is playing better than LeBron and Kobe and has faired better against the elite teams than LeBron has and LeBron has sunk on the big stage several times this season which find odd he's never criticsized for unlike other players are. Yes he having a good season, he's not the only player who deserves it D-Wade truely really deserves it but his team isn't as successful as LeBron's or Kobe's.

Now D-wade and LeBron both are having these season because they have no competiton in the East but Boston and Orlando. Kobe and L.A. have atleast 2-8 eligable playoffs teams in the West they could face that could give them a hard time. I'm not down playing Wade or Jame's success this season they're playing well, however I'm not going to ignore certain things.

Kobe is 4-0 combined against the two best teams in the East (Boston and Cleveland). He's stepped up when he was needed there are games in the lost colum L.A. would've won due to poor decision making by his teammates. Like the close one against the Spurs when he called for the ball in the fnal seconds and Trevor Ariza and Lamar decided to take the last shot them selves and missed it. When Drew went down he went out there and made a statement and threw up 61 to show people just because we lost one doesn't mean we have to lose. As Luke Waltin stated "Kobe can go out there and average 30 point per game if he wanted to" but he doesn't have to he trusts his teammates now, feels he has nothing prove and is just wanting to win.

D-Wade and LeBron has everything to prove their still young not that young but young enough and feel they still have statements to make. D-Wade and LeBron are obviously going out to pad their stats and prove to people how great they are.

But as of now I can care less who wins it even though I'd be bitter if they finally bend the rules and let D-Wade win it based on individual performance, but I dont' care. As long as Kobe wins his first NBA Bill Russell finals MVP, and his 4th ring I'm good.

I've never seen so manyLeBron/D-Wade obsessed Laker fans. Stats mean nothing if you have no hardware on your hand...

The only stat I'm looking foward to seeing is

Kobe- 4

D-Wade- 1

LeBron- 0

Edited by Jazzygirl205, March 22, 2009 - 10:05 PM.

PLEASE FOLLOW THE SIG RULE. 460X140 IS THE MAX SIZE. THANKS.

#12 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,596 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 23, 2009 - 12:36 AM

I would prefer that Wade won, instead of Lebron, that way we would be able to enter and read sport pages....
Posted Image

#13 udechukwu

udechukwu

KB24: Silencing opposing crowds for over a decade

• 128 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fan Since:birth 1990
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 23, 2009 - 01:25 AM

I prefer this...

Posted Image

I partially agree with you kwamesaurus i also, and I'm pretty sure Kobe does too prefer that ring over

MVP, but I wouldn't say LeBron deserves the mvp either. The easiest way i can put it is, I also partially feel that

D-Wade does sort of deserve the mvp (and this is only because i know kobe wants the title more)

Wade is most valuable to his team because if you take Wade away from the Heat you have a young team still

trying to find themselves. On the other hand, if you take Kobe or LeBron away from their teams, you have 2

decent teams much better than the heat. No offense to the Heat, but they depend on D-Wade on a much bigger

scale than the Lakers depend on Kobe... now although Cleveland does rely on Lebron pretty heavily on all

elements of the game. Wade is posting better numbers. Now of course there is the view I prefer, the MVP is the

best player in the league, then it is definitely Kobe. I don't care who says it LeBron or Wade are not better than

KB and they both know it.

Edited by udechukwu, March 23, 2009 - 01:26 AM.

Where will amazing happen this year ?..... LA!!!
2009 NBA Champions
A Prophecy fulfilled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users