#1 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 20, 2009 - 04:59 PM

Short and sweet...

1) Don't promote other sites through PM's, profile comments, or topics.
The only method you can use for that is your signature space, no clickable images. Also, don't boost the font size to annoy everyone else. If your site writes articles, those that are worth reading and posting a topic about, you can post the link to the article (which, in turn, promotes the site). Any other way is prohibited, and will result in a suspension or ban.

2) We will deal with member problems as soon as we have solid proof of them.
If it's a personal message, you might want to keep them, and send them our way. In an instance where we feel like it's a threat to one of our members, I can personally go into the PM database and read from the two members, deleted or not (both will have to delete, if replies are quoted). It's a hassle, but it will be done. Don't mess around.

In addition to this, using the Report button for minor attacks is getting quite annoying. Stop doing it. You should be able to tell the difference between a situation that needs a moderator, and one that needs you to develop thicker skin. Figure it out, please.

3) Don't ask to be on staff.
If we need moderators, we'll find them ourselves. Contributors will be recognized if you're putting in the work (and this doesn't mean posting here and there, and suddenly wanting recognition under your avatar).

It's really simple to check out our guidelines. They are under the banner, or just click here:

http://lakernation.c...?act=boardrules

If you have any questions, I'm leaving the topic open for that specific reason. Thanks.

#2 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted March 20, 2009 - 05:12 PM

Good rules as usual, impressed that we can advertise through our sigs.

Mine has had a clickable link for a while, time to remove it I'm assuming?

And lol at people reporting everything.

#3 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted March 20, 2009 - 05:26 PM

Yeh for real. I never even used the report thing.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#4 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted March 20, 2009 - 05:36 PM

Yes sir, just no clickable images. The link is fine (it can be clickable).

#5 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted March 27, 2009 - 11:41 AM

Please search the forum before creating a new thread to make sure we don't already have a thread on the same topic. We also don't need an "Official Player thread" after every game. It takes 30 seconds to search the forum for threads.

http://lakernation.c...h...&act=Search

Thanks.

#6 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,151 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Goku

Posted March 30, 2009 - 08:47 PM

question question, since im fairly new here, how does your suspensions work? like this other forum i use. i always get warned for talking to my friends in their threads, instead of being on topic which is considered spamming. i racked up 7 of those already = 7 day. how do you guys do things around here?

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#7 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted March 31, 2009 - 02:33 AM

question question, since im fairly new here, how does your suspensions work? like this other forum i use. i always get warned for talking to my friends in their threads, instead of being on topic which is considered spamming. i racked up 7 of those already = 7 day. how do you guys do things around here?

We're not as gay here

#8 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,151 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Goku

Posted March 31, 2009 - 06:12 AM

We're not as gay here

alright cool cool, thats good to hear :D

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#9 R0S4l3S<3

R0S4l3S<3

DSG FO LYFE!

• 2,147 posts
  • Name:Ashley
  • Fan Since:born laker fan!!!
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE all da way

Posted April 01, 2009 - 06:11 PM

We're not as gay here

really? its not what i hear. :blink:
Posted Image
"JUST SAY SHOOT" KOBE GOES IT ALL THE WAY"
"BEHIND EVERY SUCCESSFUL PERSON, LIES A TON OF HATERS"

#10 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted April 16, 2009 - 04:44 PM

2) In addition to this, using the Report button for minor attacks is getting quite annoying. Stop doing it. You should be able to tell the difference between a situation that needs a moderator, and one that needs you to develop thicker skin. Figure it out, please.

#11 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted April 16, 2009 - 05:22 PM

2) In addition to this, using the Report button for minor attacks is getting quite annoying. Stop doing it. You should be able to tell the difference between a situation that needs a moderator, and one that needs you to develop thicker skin. Figure it out, please.

Does this include baiting too?

#12 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted August 16, 2009 - 01:09 AM

You are going to be banned from the site, if I find out you created another account on the site to cheat in the sim league, or to post on TLN using the other account.

You don't need to create another account to reset your password. Use the forgot password feature on the site.

#13 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,504 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 16, 2009 - 02:51 AM

Does this include baiting too?

yes for the most part...ignore baiting and it should stop...baiting is only as successful as the people it catches...just like fishing...if people keep biting at the bait, the fishing will continue...if its ignored, it should stop...fishermen look elsewhere if the fish aren't biting the bait...

if its excessive or out of line, it'll be dealt with...if its not dealt with in a relatively timely manner and its excessive/out of line...PM a mod

Posted Image

#14 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,587 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted August 16, 2009 - 03:16 AM

Some of you should meditate on the way you act on the forums. All the staff supports every and each member of the moderating and administrating team, and agree with the decisions that are taken. And no one in the moderating team is going to abandon just because some of you say.
It's written in the rules, but I will say it again. Moderators are chosen by the staff, not by members. There is no point whatsoever on discussing this.
Posted Image

#15 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted August 16, 2009 - 03:20 AM

We're not as gay here

Lol, shut up dude.

And I like what the mods said months ago, stop crying about little stuff. Man up. Woman up. Whatever. Arguing happens, and like Game wisely said, baiting only works if the fish go for it. If there's excessive cussing, racism, sexism, going over the line, etc etc, mods will deal with it. No need to report little things that hurt you a bit cuz someone disagreed with you, or *GASP*, doesn't like you. Ish happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users