23 replies to this topic

#21 woswill

woswill

Rookie

• 483 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 20, 2009 - 03:09 PM

I would like to see Lakers beat Boston in the finals, but Boston isn't going to make it past Cleveland. Paul Pierce will be raped by Lebron

Without Bynum, I still think Lakers beat Cavs. Kobe will lock Lebron DOWN, Ariza should hold Mo good aswell, assuming he isn't overplaying everything going for the steal.
*you know the rules...no quoting members in your sig space*

#22 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted March 20, 2009 - 03:36 PM

I'm not sold on Boston this season, and I don't care if we play four games on the East Coast in the NBA Finals, against the green. They don't have Posey or PJ Brown, and without those two, a healthy Lakers team will topple them.

But Cleveland is different. Yeah, we won a game in Cleveland. Thing is, we'd have to do it all over again, and win all of our home games against them, if we don't grab HCA and we meet them in the Finals. Don't forget that this Cavs team would be undefeated at home if it wasn't for us, and if we don't limit them to three games at home in the Finals, we're going to have to play particular well at home, and steal one on the road, to get the job done.

Quite frankly, I don't like the sound of that. The odds would be against us, especially if we don't have Bynum, because come playoff time, Kobe won't be the only man injected with superhuman powers. Ask Detroit.

Typically, a team without home court has to win two on the road, because winning three straight at home is too hard. Can we win two in Cleveland?

#23 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 20, 2009 - 04:43 PM

Typically, a team without home court has to win two on the road, because winning three straight at home is too hard. Can we win two in Cleveland?

That's why I'm saying we need home court.

#24 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,349 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 21, 2009 - 02:30 AM

If we lock Lebron down, we're OK ( maybe Mo too, but if they don't have a man to orchestrate them they're done... )...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users