23 replies to this topic

#1 runoneuno

runoneuno

Rookie

• 786 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Andrew Bynum

Posted March 20, 2009 - 12:42 PM

For some reason..(and i don't know why).. i got onto the Cavs message board just to see how their fans react to a game win or loss with their team. I didn't register or anything like that but it was interesting to hear opiniated views on the possibility of Cleveland and L.A. meeting in the finals...

Here's what one member said:

^ I agree. I think if we play the Lakers in the finals we will lose in 5.

They are now starting Ariza and while I don't like him, he is a good defensive player. Phil Jackson is very smart he just might put Ariza on Mo Williams and I think if that happens Mo will be shut down.

They have already proven that they contain Lebron and give our shooters open looks. They were ignoring Ben/Andy and didn't even contest Big Z's shots.

Unless our guys hit all their jumpers we won't win. We have to find a way to attack them without having Lebron go one on five.

Kobe is not going to guard Lebron one on one, if that happens Lebron would abuse him. They always throw extra help with Pau Gasol and Odom. If Bynum is back it's going to be even harder for Lebron with Bynum's length and shot blocking ability.

MB is just not smart enough to take Lebron off the ball, stagger screens, backdoor cuts, baseline screens, flare screens or something else to free him up.

The teams I would much rather face would be Utah or the Spurs. The Rockets are also a matchup problem with Yao just sitting in the paint.

#2 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted March 20, 2009 - 12:47 PM

I could watch this video all day!!!!

http://www.lakersmed...index.php?p=872

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted March 20, 2009 - 12:47 PM

They know with or without Drew, we would still beat them in a best of 7.

Edited by popo, March 20, 2009 - 12:47 PM.

Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#4 udechukwu

udechukwu

KB24: Silencing opposing crowds for over a decade

• 128 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fan Since:birth 1990
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 20, 2009 - 12:53 PM

they have an earl too !!! :lol:

Where will amazing happen this year ?..... LA!!!
2009 NBA Champions
A Prophecy fulfilled.

#5 nameant

nameant

Reppin from TX

• 1,227 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 20, 2009 - 01:16 PM

Kobe is not going to guard Lebron one on one, if that happens Lebron would abuse him. They always throw extra help with Pau Gasol and Odom. If Bynum is back it's going to be even harder for Lebron with Bynum's length and shot blocking ability.

I guess they didn't watch the games this year. 1 on 1, Kobe does very well against LeBron. If you can limit the pick and roll he's not nearly as effective. The extra help they are probably talking about is called pick and roll defense.

#6 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted March 20, 2009 - 01:26 PM

As much as it pains me to say it, we won't beat Cleveland if we don't have homecourt and we're missing Bynum.

Give us one or the other, and we win.

#7 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,319 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted March 20, 2009 - 01:30 PM

As much as it pains me to say it, we won't beat Cleveland if we don't have homecourt and we're missing Bynum.

WITH Bynum we can beat any team on any court, but without him...

#8 Flash

Flash

Junior

• 283 posts

Posted March 20, 2009 - 01:44 PM

HCA is overrated.

#9 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,348 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 20, 2009 - 01:45 PM

We beated them without Drew ! The Lakers can do anything if thet're focused enough ! I hope we either get Bynum back or have that HCA though...

#10 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 20, 2009 - 01:45 PM

we can win in cleveland (no homer)
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#11 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,328 posts

Posted March 20, 2009 - 01:46 PM

HCA is overrated.

too bad we would have a 15 championship hanging if we had it

we lost by 5 in game 1 last season where paul pierce hurt his leg and came back

if that was at home the whol landscape would have been different

HCA does matter and telling yourself it doesn't is preparing yourself for not having it
Posted Image

#12 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted March 20, 2009 - 01:47 PM

HCA is overrated.

Without HCA, boston doesn't get past the second round last season.

we have won in cleveland (no homer)

Fixed.

#13 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,328 posts

Posted March 20, 2009 - 01:47 PM

we can win in cleveland (no homer)

because clevelands crowd is garbage

can we win in boston in june? no

thats a legitimate crowd unlike cleveland or san antonio

cleveland has a good home record because the team simply shoots and defends better there but their crowd is weak
Posted Image

#14 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts

Posted March 20, 2009 - 02:21 PM

I'm not sold on Boston this season, and I don't care if we play four games on the East Coast in the NBA Finals, against the green. They don't have Posey or PJ Brown, and without those two, a healthy Lakers team will topple them.

But Cleveland is different. Yeah, we won a game in Cleveland. Thing is, we'd have to do it all over again, and win all of our home games against them, if we don't grab HCA and we meet them in the Finals. Don't forget that this Cavs team would be undefeated at home if it wasn't for us, and if we don't limit them to three games at home in the Finals, we're going to have to play particular well at home, and steal one on the road, to get the job done.

Quite frankly, I don't like the sound of that. The odds would be against us, especially if we don't have Bynum, because come playoff time, Kobe won't be the only man injected with superhuman powers. Ask Detroit.

#15 Machinehead

Machinehead

BringBackSasha

• 6,671 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:Radmanovic's long hair days.
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha Vujacic

Posted March 20, 2009 - 02:22 PM

I'm not sold on Boston this season, and I don't care if we play four games on the East Coast in the NBA Finals, against the green. They don't have Posey or PJ Brown, and without those two, a healthy Lakers team will topple them.

But Cleveland is different. Yeah, we won a game in Cleveland. Thing is, we'd have to do it all over again, and win all of our home games against them, if we don't grab HCA and we meet them in the Finals. Don't forget that this Cavs team would be undefeated at home if it wasn't for us, and if we don't limit them to three games at home in the Finals, we're going to have to play particular well at home, and steal one on the road, to get the job done.

Quite frankly, I don't like the sound of that. The odds would be against us, especially if we don't have Bynum, because come playoff time, Kobe won't be the only man injected with superhuman powers. Ask Detroit.

So, who would you rather face if we get to the Finals?
Posted Image

#16 Kam

Kam

Basketball Immortality

• 2,455 posts
  • Name:Kam Pashai
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 20, 2009 - 02:24 PM

I have no doubt that we can get by the Cavs in the finals.

#17 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts

Posted March 20, 2009 - 02:26 PM

So, who would you rather face if we get to the Finals?

No preference if we have HCA. We can beat both.

If we don't have it, I'd rather have another shot at Boston.

I have a funny feeling that I just don't want to face the Magic. They have our kryptonite: three-point shooters and a dominant inside presence. But Orlando will need to avoid Detroit and Cleveland in the playoffs if they hope to be in the Finals, so they'd hope to see the Sixers in the first round, then pray that they draw the Heat/Hawks winner, then they should root for Boston to beat the Cavaliers.

#18 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 20, 2009 - 02:28 PM

im not a fan of the 2-3-2 format
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#19 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted March 20, 2009 - 02:29 PM

We shall prevail.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#20 runoneuno

runoneuno

Rookie

• 786 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Andrew Bynum

Posted March 20, 2009 - 02:55 PM

I agree with you. I appreciate the comraderie that flows on these boards but wishful thinking can be a thin line between fantasy and reality. When we beat the Cavs at home and in Cleveland we played much much better. With how we've been playing recently we have no chance to beat this Cavs team. I don't want to say the leadership's been lost but it's definitely been misplaced. Kobe has to trust his teammates again and his team mates have to know that he trusts them. Last season we seemed to gel so well until we lost in the finals.. This Laker team was going to dinner, they hung out and they bonded.. I don't see too much of that going on right now.

I'm hypothetically thinking along the lines that Bynum will not be back anytime soon and if that's the case like Phil addressed earlier then this Laker team is in a whole lot of trouble if they don't get their act together quick. We're not in the playoffs yet and a while away from the finals (If we get there) but I just thought it'd be interesting to hear what fans from both of the league's best teams had on their minds.

Here's some of the other things these Cavs fans wrote:
About Bynum:
"Let him play and reinjure himself again. He is tough as a sheet of paper anyway."
"I dont mind most likely wont play the lakers till 2009-2010 season anyways.... Lakers going to lose to the spurs or utah."

About playing against the Lakers:
"I am praying for an upset in the West because its going to be really tough to beat the Lakers if we end up in the finals. It's not a Kobe vs LeBron debate, we just don't match up well against them."
"With or without Bynum in their line-up, I just don't see any way the Cavs win a 7-game series against the Lakers. It would take 4 games of 48 minutes of absolutely flawless offensive execution and defensive discipline... and I just don't know if the Cavs can do that. LA is just one of those teams that presents nightmare matchups for our guys. They are the only team I truly fear playing against in this year's entire playoff field."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users