Photo

In over 10,000 NBA games, there's no record of a 3-sec. call during the last 10 secs. of a game.... except to help the Cavs

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 19, 2009 - 04:30 PM

Voulgaris has a big fancy database that tracks just about everything that happens on the court. He decided to look it up. How rare was that particular kind of crunch time turnover?

Last night was the first time his database, which goes back to just 2002, has ever recorded a three-second call in the final minute of a game that's three points or closer.

In fact, in that entire period, some 10,000 games, there have only been 22 three-second calls in the final minute, and all but three of those were from games in which a team had a lead of at least seven points.

LINK

#2 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted March 19, 2009 - 05:05 PM

wait for it.

#3 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted March 19, 2009 - 05:34 PM

Who [expletive]ing cares? That's not why the Magic lost the game. They had their chance and they blew it. Are we really now THAT reliant on the Cavs losing?

This shouldn't really be an issue - Hedo Turkoglu missed a 3-pointer as the shot clock was winding down, anyway. I know us Lakers fan are rooting for the Cavs to lose every time out now, but let's not get ridiculous with it.

Bleeding purple & gold...

#4 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted March 19, 2009 - 05:42 PM

Refs are biased yes, but if it's the right call, it's the right call. What if against us Dwight just sat in the paint for 9 seconds and the refs didn't call it?

#5 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts

Posted March 19, 2009 - 07:07 PM

Just pointing it out... :unsure:

#6 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted March 19, 2009 - 08:08 PM

Just pointing it out... :unsure:

Yea I didn't know they kept records of this, damn

#7 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 19, 2009 - 08:40 PM

I can't believe they record those kind of stats...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#8 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 19, 2009 - 08:46 PM

Yup, what else is there to say? It was disgusting, but the past is the past and there's nothing one can do about it.

#9 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted March 19, 2009 - 11:51 PM

Yeah I'm with them... You guys shouldn't be worrying so much about the Cavs losing, moreso we should be worrying about the Lakers winning. If the Lakers win they'll earn their own HCA.

I love how we blame a 14 win team for losing a 19 point lead (as bad as it was) to the best team in the East, when LeBron had a triple double and went off in the secnod half... And a lucky shot here and there from Mo Willams. But no- it's all the Clippers' fault. You're doing the same thing to the Magic now- you're saying it's the refs fault for that last call. History or not, whatever the call is, it is what it is. If the Lakers got it, you wouldn't be worrying about it, nor would ANYONE around here post this statistic.

I'm sorry to say this, but I even read it from a Laker fan on Lakersground, ever since Lebron has gotten comparisons to Kobe, whether credible or not, the hate for him has been off the charts. The Kobe apologism has been out of this world, us fans started backing up Kobe as a player even more than the year he was on a scoring tear, just because we became insecure that Lebron is emerging? I think we should just give it a rest...

In my opinion Lakers are the most talented team in the league right now. They're the ones that seem the least phased by elite teams, road games, and big games. I think no matter what happens they still have a legit shot.. You guys don't have to worry about the fairytale ending with HCA and everything. As long as they end up with the championship we're good.
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#10 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts

Posted March 20, 2009 - 10:01 AM

I just thought it was an interesting call. I NEVER see that called in the last minute of a game.

#11 nameant

nameant

Reppin from TX

• 1,227 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 20, 2009 - 10:29 AM

wait for it.

Is the countdown on?

#12 Nobody

Nobody

Sixth Man

• 3,396 posts

Posted March 21, 2009 - 02:07 AM

^ A certain "fool" appears to have missed his cue. I'm still on watch, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users