• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted March 19, 2009 - 03:01 PM

"He's a video game. A video game. When he's knocking down stuff like that, it's a beautiful thing to watch when he's in a zone like that."

-Al Thornton on Steve Novak

http://www.latimes.c...0,5565990.story

LOL.. Yeah, Steve Novak is unbelievable. Even Hollinger noticed him (and praised him like crazy actually)
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#2 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 20, 2009 - 10:00 AM

Steve Novak is a pure shooter.

Though when mismatches present themselves, Novak isn't effective.

That being said, he is as sick of a shooter in the NBA as there is.

#3 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,873 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 20, 2009 - 03:42 PM

If only there weren't 2 ends to the court.

#4 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted March 20, 2009 - 08:12 PM

If only there weren't 2 ends to the court.

More like if only there wasn't "Clippers" written on the front of his jersey in your case.. LOL.

He's a sparkplug shooter off the bench, instant offense, instant 3's. That's his job, no more no less.

His offense is so efficient that it's worth the defensive liability that he is.. And he's not even THAT bad. A mismatch yes, but not a guarantee to score on. He can still defend.
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#5 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 21, 2009 - 06:00 AM

He reminds me of Brian Cook honestly... A 6'10 forward who cannot rebound or block shots, a liability on defense, and pretty much one-dimensional...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#6 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted March 21, 2009 - 06:46 PM

He reminds me of Brian Cook honestly... A 6'10 forward who cannot rebound or block shots, a liability on defense, and pretty much one-dimensional...

LOL WOW that was such a big insult dude I swear... Brian Cook is like the Kwame Brown of shooting, his form is ugly as hell, the ball is flat, he's inconsistent, and can't even get off the bench for a team that plays his style of game (chucking up 3's).

Comparing one of the sweetest shooters I've ever seen (Novak) to Brian Cook.. Maybe you've never seen Novak? :)

#7 offtheheezy

offtheheezy

Off The Bench

• 2,592 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Fish

Posted March 21, 2009 - 07:47 PM

LOL WOW that was such a big insult dude I swear... Brian Cook is like the Kwame Brown of shooting, his form is ugly as hell, the ball is flat, he's inconsistent, and can't even get off the bench for a team that plays his style of game (chucking up 3's).

Comparing one of the sweetest shooters I've ever seen (Novak) to Brian Cook.. Maybe you've never seen Novak? :)

lol brian cook? novak is a beast. it's like if hes uncontested 99.99% in.

brian cook is like.... 50% at best when open lol

Posted Image

When he's asked why Kobe doesn't tweet, @thugraider37 said he offers this reply: "Does God tweet?"

#8 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts

Posted March 21, 2009 - 08:49 PM

Both are 6'10, both are very poor rebounders, both are strictly shooters, both doesn't play much defense, both doesn't block shots...

Would I take Novak over Cook? Yes, it's not even close... At least you cannot let him get wide open, unlike Cook...

Edited by Kwamesaurus Rex, March 21, 2009 - 08:49 PM.

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#9 xplayforrealx

xplayforrealx

Rookie

• 350 posts
  • Fan Since:2002
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant and Sasha Vujacic

Posted March 21, 2009 - 10:17 PM

lol brian cook is soo slow, he fatigues like nothing. his shot is as flat as a tire.both players are on different levels. novak is not nearly as bad as b-cook. His shot is nioce.

Edited by xplayforrealx, March 21, 2009 - 10:20 PM.

Mike Breen: Walton can tip it. Bryant with the save.
Hubie Brown: Oh you gotta get a shot here
Mike Breen: Final Seconds.. Bryant for the win, BANG!

Your signature violates forum guidelines.

#10 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted March 22, 2009 - 12:30 AM

Novak is the 2nd best shooter in the NBA, Kapono is the best in my book. But Novak is a dead eye shooter, if he was on the Lakers, imagine how many 3's he would drain...

Edited by LaLa, March 22, 2009 - 01:53 AM.

Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#11 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted March 22, 2009 - 01:02 AM

I'm waiting for the "DO IT MITCH!" haha.

And he's a poor rebounder because he only gets 16.1 minutes per game, doesn't guard big guys in the post, and isn't in the game to be getting down and dirtayyy.

He's just in there to nail some 3's!

Edited by TheCalmInsanity, March 22, 2009 - 01:03 AM.

#12 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts

Posted March 22, 2009 - 01:31 AM

And he's a poor rebounder because he only gets 16.1 minutes per game, doesn't guard big guys in the post, and isn't in the game to be getting down and dirtayyy.

Yup, sounds like a Clipper.

#13 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts

Posted March 22, 2009 - 02:01 AM

Yep, sounds exactly like Brian Cook to me, only with higher FG%...
Karl Marx

#14 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted March 22, 2009 - 11:55 AM

Yep, sounds exactly like Brian Cook to me, only with higher FG%...

How does that sound like Brian Cook? Brian Cook would actually guard the big guys. Novak plays SF and SG.

#15 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts

Posted March 22, 2009 - 02:31 PM

Novak is a MUCH better shooting and more consistent offensive player than Cook.

#16 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted March 22, 2009 - 03:20 PM

Novak is a MUCH better shooting and more consistent offensive player than Cook.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#17 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts

Posted March 22, 2009 - 03:52 PM

^ Yes, I already said Novak is the much better offensive player...

Didn't mention their offensive game... Didn't even really compare them... He just reminds me of him for some reason...

And no, WTF... Cook cannot guard my pants, let alone any players in the league... Maybe you meant letting them blow by him and laying the red carpet in the paint?

Edited by Kwamesaurus Rex, March 22, 2009 - 03:55 PM.

Karl Marx

#18 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted March 22, 2009 - 03:54 PM

Don't even compare the joke of a player in Brian Cook to Novak, Novak is a 2/3, its not his job to rebound, he just does his job and he does it goooood.
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#19 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted March 22, 2009 - 09:27 PM

He lit up Jason Kapono today :D In my opinion the 2 best pure shooters in the league. I would probably give the advantage to Kapono but recently Novak has been changing my mind... I would KILL to see these two play a game of H.O.R.S.E.. or G.E.I.C.O... LMAO -_-

Novak tonight:

3/4 3's
4/6 overall

Kapono tonight:

2/7 3's
2/10 overall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users